Autopsy Our home losing streak and our current sorry state of affairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully a few people give up their memberships so.i can pick one up in a few years
That was my plan when I joined the waitlist in 2008. Despite finishing dead last in 2010, I didn't move far.

Now that I have a membership, I would rather pay and keep my seats empty than give them up and risk a ten year wait again.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that in 2010 we had the highest membership renewal rate in the league, even though we finished last.

Freo flogs might try and troll us by saying we leave at three quarter time and all the rest of it, but their members are shithouse in comparison.
I'll be honest, if our Stadium wasn't full then I would def consider dropping my membership for a few years to pick it up later. We're likely to hit some lean years and there will be a lot of home game thrashings I'd rather avoid. Football is supposed to be a form of entertainment after all.

I'll be honest, if our Stadium wasn't full then I would def consider dropping my membership for a few years to pick it up later. We're likely to hit some lean years and there will be a lot of home game thrashings I'd rather avoid. Football is supposed to be a form of entertainment after all.
I'm actually finding following a crap team quite therapeutic.
No pressure.
No expectation of winning.
Anything that isn't a thrashing feels like a win.
A win, even against a fellow crapster, feels like a finals win.
I can enjoy the little things that only happen every few games. Gaff actually sticking a tackle. Gov leaving the space and competing one on one. Nelson being inside 3 metres on a chase. A defender ignoring the guy 2 metres away who is under the pump, standing still, surrounded by opposition and calling for the ball. Moments of joy.
I can look out the window, see what's happening in the world and enjoy a nice cup of tea (footie's on early over here. Drinking at 7AM is not a regular thing) while the footie plays out to a logical conclusion.

There has to be a shake-up at both player and board level. I get that stability is important but when everyone is so secure in their position that it leads to complacency, things have to change

yeo, shuey, sheed, redden, gaff, kelly as a starting line up .... Its not even good on paper really

Two thirds are well and truly on the downhill slide and the other 2 are peaking.

Don't think they have ever played in the same team more than 5 times I reckon in the past 2/3 years ...thats the issue...someone always injured no continuity

and time has moved on

I'm actually finding following a crap team quite therapeutic.
No pressure.
No expectation of winning.
Anything that isn't a thrashing feels like a win.
A win, even against a fellow crapster, feels like a finals win.
I can enjoy the little things that only happen every few games. Gaff actually sticking a tackle. Gov leaving the space and competing one on one. Nelson being inside 3 metres on a chase. A defender ignoring the guy 2 metres away who is under the pump, standing still, surrounded by opposition and calling for the ball. Moments of joy.
I can look out the window, see what's happening in the world and enjoy a nice cup of tea (footie's on early over here. Drinking at 7AM is not a regular thing) while the footie plays out to a logical conclusion.
i picture that guy in that movie major league where theres like 5 people in the crowd bagging everyone and when they turn good he keeps bagging em

i picture that guy in that movie major league where theres like 5 people in the crowd bagging everyone and when they turn good he keeps bagging em

That's this entire board in a nutshell.

We could turn it around and win every game from here on in including the Grand Final and the Sack Simmo thread will be buzzing with calls to make Schofield the new coach :rainbow:

Don't think they have ever played in the same team more than 5 times I reckon in the past 2/3 years ...thats the issue...someone always injured no continuity

and time has moved on
Last game when they all appeared with NicNat was Round 15 last year against the Bulldogs and we got smashed. They have only played 14 games together in their careers which goes to show we will never know what they were capable of if they had uninterrupted games with each other for even half a season.

My wife says I entertain the neighbours when I watch footy at home.

So clearly thrashings can also be entertaining.

My wife also says I am an embarassment, given how I talk to players.

She also ask's if I know they can't hear me?

My response is, if they can't hear me, how can it be embarassing?

This is the most damning stat of 2022 is this

Contested ball - West Coast Eagles (rank: 18th)

Stone cold motherless last. Simpson has never in his tenure put priority on contested ball and now its coming back to haunt us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stone cold motherless last. Simpson has never in his tenure put priority on contested ball and now its coming back to haunt us
Also should have been a priority in the draft. Midfield capable of winning contested ball on the inside. Of the last 50 draft picks (including rookies), how many fit that bill?

Whoa, pump the brakes fella. At this stage I’m just hoping we can manage a jumper for each player with their own number by seasons end and crossing my fingers we understand whos in our academy zone

I am slightly concerned that of the teams we have played so far, only Sydney played finals, only Sydney finished above us on the ladder and three of the teams we've played filled the bottom three spots on the 2021 ladder.

If we're not competitive against the 2021 bottom three, how are we going to go at alphabet stadium or vs running sides like the Dogs or Melbourne?

It's not as if our injury crisis is going to dramatically improve before the bye. And probably only slightly after that.

I am slightly concerned that of the teams we have played so far, only Sydney played finals, only Sydney finished above us on the ladder and three of the teams we've played filled the bottom three spots on the 2021 ladder.

Our early season fixture is why peeps were pumping up our tyres with predications of 6-0 in the off-season :straining:

If we're not competitive against the 2021 bottom three, how are we going to go at alphabet stadium or vs running sides like the Dogs or Melbourne?

It's not as if our injury crisis is going to dramatically improve before the bye. And probably only slightly after that.

Considering we haven't won there since 2006 (and before that 1999), even our best football isn't winning in that dump.

Should just forfeit any away games in Geelong to save percentage.

Don’t worry Bro, once the continuity and synergy kick in, Everything is going to be great:rainbow::rainbow:

Considering we haven't won there since 2006 (and before that 1999), even our best football isn't winning in that dump.

Should just forfeit any away games in Geelong to save percentage.
Yeah nah

These could be very important games.

The difference between fi Islington 4th last and the spoon.

Season defining. We want pick 1.

Our early season fixture is why peeps were pumping up our tyres with predications of 6-0 in the off-season :straining:
Take COVID and those pre season injuries out of it and I'm pretty confident we beat GC,Norf and Pies. Freo would have been 50-50 and Port would be a shoe in.

Hell, even without COVID we probably still beat GC and Norf.

I don’t mind losing if we are playing young guys and developing them. What I can’t stand is watching the same overpaid and overrated senior guys phone it in and act like heroes which is what we’ve been seeing for a few years now.
Interesting watching the pies on ANZAC day- they have many new young faces since 2018 that make real contributions. Not so us,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back