Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I used to read TC and never saw anything from OR worth its salt.
Maybe its changed but the only ones I have seen that do have some firsts are here.
cheers b & b......

He's not bad.
Was all over the Essendon saga.
Posted about Bolts the night before it all fell.
A couple of other smaller gets. Nailed Newman for a future 4th before it happened etc
Anyone can post something will happen when its a possibility anyway. Get a hundred wrong and two really happen by coincidence and its called a good strike rate.

The Saints, As much as I hate to say it, aren’t as bad as their results suggest. I reckon they’re a year behind us.
They have some really good young talent.
Don’t know much about St Kilda but I believe you ;)

Like many I was very disappointed at Judd's comments, for mine he all but ruled Teague out publicly and I find that extremely unprofessional.

We are going through a process to appoint our next coach as I think, most agree we should.

But IMO any process that rules out a Teague, through inexperience, from the start but includes potentials like Voss and Ratten as acceptable experienced coaches is flawed from the beginning.

Whoever is appointed I will support but jeez I don't like the thought of Lyon.

Agreed unless of course Clarko or Roos has agreed to come or the club know something about Teague we don't.

I think Lloyd did question Juddy on whether Teague would classify as 'needing training wheels'.

Juddy's response wasn't completely direct, but did say something about (paraphrasing here) Teague being in control of the team as interim coach now not being the same as having actual senior coaching experience, with all the pressure and everything else that comes with it.

So it did seem Judd was suggesting that we are after someone who has previously been a senior coach of an AFL team before.

And i would be incredibly disappointed in Juddy and the club if so.

Yes, I think Judd left just enough wiggle room to spin it if something changes and Teague ends up with the job, but it certainly sounds like they're looking for a previous senior coach. Very disappointing if that really is a decision they've already made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like that comment by Judd, pretty disappointed if you ask me.

To just completely rule out Teague is unwise, and this obsession with finding an experience coaches reeks of Pagan/Malthouse all over again.

If it were up to me, assess Teague at the end of the season and at the moment I'm pretty with him if that continues - give him the job, and if you are concerned about experience Paul Roos said it himself that'd like to be a mentor-director role, get him in to oversee the entire coaching structure.

The way I read it Is Judd has let the cat out of the bag, and Liddle is doing his best to shove the cat back in... In the name of diplomacy and out of respect to our current coach who is doing a great job but is probably dead man walking in terms of getting the permanent role.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I read it Is Judd has let the cat out of the bag, and Liddle is doing his best to shove the cat back in... In the name of diplomacy and out of respect to our current coach who is doing a great job but is probably dead man walking in terms of getting the permanent role.
I don't see it that way. For me its a case of Judd stuffing up because there is no way in this universe that Teague is out of the frame. And Liddle is smart and would already know the supporters arent pleased about such a thing. Slap on the wrist for Juddy.

I don't see it that way. For me its a case of Judd stuffing up because there is no way in this universe that Teague is out of the frame. And Liddle is smart and would already know the supporters arent pleased about such a thing. Slap on the wrist for Juddy.

Juddy is on the panel. He knows what they are looking for. He knows who is in the wind. The club have previously said they want an experienced coach. They're just having a dollar each way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back