Paramedic killing - Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to parts of the Middle East but I'm sure you never actually witnessed anybody being shot by firing squad in Indonesia either.
Regardless, I'm not sure why tough drug laws mean we would have people "people hanging from cranes and rolling heads". Outside of ISIS, not sure which countries do this. I'll ask my mates who lived in Dubai and Abu Dhabi if this was a problem.

WRT to execution by shooting, it's relatively humane and has the potential to greatly reduce the harm of many, many young people (it's a strong deterrent). I'm not opposed to the death penalty but I understand and respect the opinions of those who are.

Regardless, I'm not sure why tough drug laws mean we would have people "people hanging from cranes and rolling heads". Outside of ISIS, not sure which countries do this. I'll ask my mates who lived in Dubai and Abu Dhabi if this was a problem.

The Saudis are still regularly chopping heads and hanging from cranes with accusations they're executing the mentally ill.

It's not our way. I think this is the way, as a start. :handpointdown:

As of Jan. 31, 2023, all adults 18 and older in BC will be able to possess up to 2.5 grams of certain illicit substances without being subject to fines, arrest or drug seizures.
The drugs being decriminalized are:

• opioids (e.g. heroin and fentanyl)
  • cocaine (powder or crack)
  • methamphetamines (meth)
  • MDMA (ecstasy)

WRT to execution by shooting, it's relatively humane and has the potential to greatly reduce the harm of many, many young people (it's a strong deterrent). I'm not opposed to the death penalty but I understand and respect the opinions of those who are

Penalty of death is really not a deterrent to drug dealers, jail time isn't a deterrent either to drug dealers, users or the mentally ill.

Most of the world's opium actually comes out of Afghanistan and arguably, opium trade is their largest illegal economic activity.

The illegal chemicals that go in to meth, mostly comes out of India and Malaysia with the finished product ice in huge quantities, coming in from Indonesia and China.

The Saudis are still regularly chopping heads and hanging from cranes with accusations they're executing the mentally ill.

It's not our way.
I wouldn't advocate for Saudi Arabia as a model for anything.

As of Jan. 31, 2023, all adults 18 and older in BC will be able to possess up to 2.5 grams of certain illicit substances without being subject to fines, arrest or drug seizures.
The drugs being decriminalized are:

• opioids (e.g. heroin and fentanyl)
  • cocaine (powder or crack)
  • methamphetamines (meth)
  • MDMA (ecstasy)

How is decriminalising drug use going to reduce drug use?

Penalty of death is really not a deterrent to drug dealers, jail time isn't a deterrent either to drug dealers, users or the mentally ill.
Of course huge fines, jail and death are massive deterrents to dealers and users (maybe not addicts).

Most of the world's opium actually comes out of Afghanistan and arguably, opium trade is their largest illegal economic activity.

The illegal chemicals that go in to meth, mostly comes out of India and Malaysia with the finished product ice in huge quantities, coming in from Indonesia and China.
There is not a problem with young people, people in school, using drugs in Malaysia and China (and probably India, too) anything like what we have here. We can't stop those countries making drugs and precursors but we can make Australia an extremely unattractive place to use drugs if we want to. And then China and Afghanistan will send more of their drugs elsewhere and less of the drugs here.

And then China ..... will send more of their drugs elsewhere and less of the drugs here.
I wouldn't be so sure about our geo-political enemies sending less drugs.

Flooding your enemies countries with narcotics is a tactical weapon of war, even in apparent times of peace.

How is decriminalising drug use going to reduce drug use?

Decriminilization has proved not to increase drug use, it sees more users entering rehab, the rates of addiction drops and the language changes, helping to reduce the barriers and stigma that prevents people from accessing help and services.

I imagine, with the threat of demonization and punishment removed, users are not going to be as frightened of the police and more likely to openly engage.

I wouldn't be so sure about our geo-political enemies sending less drugs.

Flooding your enemies countries with narcotics is a tactical weapon of war, even in apparent times of peace.
They can send all they like. Most people won't want to use them and they won't be worth much in a regulatory framework of massive fines and penitentiary punishments. Why do you think they send them here in the first place instead of trying to sell them in Malaysia and China?

Last edited:
No, that's not accurate.

I think you'll find that it is.

Portugal claims their policy has actually decreased drug use in some sectors by up to 18%.

That Canada's going the same route, I'll assume they've exhaustively examined the available data and decided it's the right step forward.

Decriminalization has proved not to increase drug use, it sees more users entering rehab, the rates of addiction drops and the language changes, helping to reduce the barriers and stigma that prevents people from accessing help and services.

I imagine, with the threat of demonization and punishment removed, users are not going to be as frightened of the police and more likely to openly engage.
Sorry but this sounds like a fantasy. Where is this happening? Over what period of time? It would need to be implemented and studied over decades. Addiction doesn't disappear overnight and recidivism is more common than a cure. Look at San Francisco...

Meanwhile, even more addicts are being created. It's not just the users that have to be dealt with; it's the dealers and pushers who are generally way ahead and creative in their marketing, including and especially the targetting of school kids (who are keen to keep up with their peers), who are then recruited to push. The supply chain is quite ruthless and demanding. Nearly everyone knows where they can get drugs of some kind, whether it be at parties, clubs, music festivals, or just a family member. At the base level kids are told that drugs are fun and getting high is exciting and a way to help you forget your problems. The habits are formed.

Education is the most important way to tackle the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but this sounds like a fantasy. Where is this happening? Over what period of time?

It's not a fantasy, decriminalization policies have existed since 2001.

Nobody's saying pushers should get off scot free, decriminalization isn't legalization and to be considered a free for all.

'From Stevens Dad, Jeff Tougher:

It's 3am and your newborn is coughing and turning blue...who you gonna call?
Your elderly mum is lying in a crumpled heap after slipping in the shower...who you gonna call?
You feel a biting pain in your chest...who you gonna call?
Well as of 14/4/23 there's one less angel of mercy to answer your call. Snatched away from the life he loved.
People ask me if there's anything I need. Well there is.
I need your support.
I need your voice.
I need you to back me in a bid to advocate for Stronger laws to protect these people who serve the community with such passion and dedication. Laws like mandatory life sentences for killing anyone in the line of duty.
A mandatory prison term for assaulting these people.
Regardless of circumstance or state of mind.

I've heard it said that "why do we need more laws?" And this would still have happened with these laws, well that is just conjecture. We will never know.
I know that it will not affect this case, but for any future hideous acts, maybe justice will be seen to be done.

I'm asking for these laws to protect the service community, so they don't have to look over their shoulder while they are performing CPR on an unconscious baby.

If these sentences make a potential psychopath think twice, then somebody gets to go home to thier family and kiss there kids good night. Obviously there is no way to quantify if they work or not but what possible harm could thier existence have.

If you are appalled by what has happened to my son, then use that energy to support me on this quest for a safer workplace for all service workers. Ambos,Teachers, Nurses,Firemen, Police, and Defense personal. The very fabric of a safe society need to know that they are protected by these laws.

And lastly please advocate for them to be named STEVEN'S LAW. We cannot let the anguish that we feel, be wasted as frivolously as was my son. If you can help, please contact me, with any suggestions or support that can make this happen.
Its hard to see through the tears right now but I look forward to making this world a better place just like my boy has done.
In love and light.

Please share this to everyone.
I love you all.'

See.
It is possibly to be both mentally ill, a murderer, suffering psychosis, and found guilty of murder in a trial by Jury (in the UK).

Interesting how all the court documents on the case have now been reported as "lost".

Obviously some form of suppression order / "D" notice on things.

'MI6 spy killed own child from trauma after being sent to jihadist camps'

'Apr 23 2023'

'The man, then in his twenties, was vetted for his suitability for overseas work by the Secret Intelligence Service. It produced a report that said his emotional instability was the "highest it is possible to score"
During his trial, much of which was held in secret, he admitted killing his child but said he had been in the grip of a breakdown and having psychotic outbursts. A jury accepted he had a mental illness but found him guilty of murder.

The court now says it has "lost" all its papers on the case and is "unable to provide a reason as to why". The government has a 42,000-word, 74-page report examining how the child was allowed to die, but has refused to publish it.

- THE SUNDAY TIMES, LONDON'

Might the forensic procedure be to get evidence of an attack event injury to the accused?

'Twist for 21-year-old charged with stabbing paramedic'

'June 28, 2023 - 3:23PM
His lawyer Javid Faiz previously told reporters his client suffered from mental health issues and was undergoing an assessment.

On Wednesday, he told Campbelltown Local Court that he would not be asking for his client to be released from custody.

The 21-year-old has been in police custody for more than 10 weeks, and the court heard he will remain behind bars on remand for another fortnight until he returns to court.

The court heard police were making an urgent application for a court order to allow them to carry out a forensic procedure on the Raby resident to preserve potential evidence.

The police prosecutor also made an interim application for a court order to allow police to obtain the alleged forensic evidence urgently due to its time-sensitive nature.

Magistrate Peter Thompson adjourned both forensic procedure applications for two weeks.

Mr Fineanganofo will return to court on July 12.
...'

Might the forensic procedure be to get evidence of an attack event injury to the accused?

'Twist for 21-year-old charged with stabbing paramedic'

'June 28, 2023 - 3:23PM
His lawyer Javid Faiz previously told reporters his client suffered from mental health issues and was undergoing an assessment.

On Wednesday, he told Campbelltown Local Court that he would not be asking for his client to be released from custody.

The 21-year-old has been in police custody for more than 10 weeks, and the court heard he will remain behind bars on remand for another fortnight until he returns to court.

The court heard police were making an urgent application for a court order to allow them to carry out a forensic procedure on the Raby resident to preserve potential evidence.

The police prosecutor also made an interim application for a court order to allow police to obtain the alleged forensic evidence urgently due to its time-sensitive nature.

Magistrate Peter Thompson adjourned both forensic procedure applications for two weeks.

Mr Fineanganofo will return to court on July 12.
...'
Possibly require hair for (recreational) drug testing? Most drugs out of blood stream after 10 weeks but hair can be tested for much longer periods. That would possibly explain the time sensitive nature? Defence may be flagging drug induced psychosis for plea basis?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back