PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Intel just announced their 10nm 12th gen desktop CPUs, that might trigger a bit of fanboyism when they're available next week :)
The CPU prices look reasonable but the cost of mobos and DDR5 is just crazy.

Prices will start to drop (assuming shortages don't affect production too much) once it becomes more mainstream, you always have to gouge the early adopters
Early adopter tax!

The new girl is in action and loving it so far, been since Fallout 4's release since I've had anything new. Need to do some cable management. Specs below, availability and price played a part but this a huge upgrade for me.

1635871181851.png

1635871243930.png

1635871344649.png

Does anyone usually recycle PC parts with new builds?

Thinking of potentially starting a new build next year (surprised to I've had my current setup for 4 years) and wondering if anything other than storage does anyone bother keeping?

Going to give the Mrs mine instead of building her a budget one, so as I see it, already a few hundred bucks ahead :cool:

Thinking of potentially starting a new build next year (surprised to I've had my current setup for 4 years) and wondering if anything other than storage does anyone bother keeping?

Going to give the Mrs mine instead of building her a budget one, so as I see it, already a few hundred bucks ahead :cool:
I'm putting together a new build - just waiting on my custom cables to arrive.

Once that's done I'll be turning my old PC into an unraid server/homelab.

Last edited:
Has anyone put a 32” monitor on dual arms?

Struggling to find anything that fits above 27”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Haven't tried anything this heavy duty personally, but North Bayou seem to have a decent reputation. They have a few different models that are rated to carry that size.

I always say I'll repurpose my old systems. They are still collecting dust in the spare room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't tried anything this heavy duty personally, but North Bayou seem to have a decent reputation. They have a few different models that are rated to carry that size.

Cheers! I’ll give them a go

Just had my Dell S3422DWG delivered. I had no intention of buying a monitor but with going back to the office I needed a decent one for home. No idea how good it is compared to others out there but I wasn't saying no to it at $686. Now to get used to this ultra wide resolution...

Just had my Dell S3422DWG delivered. I had no intention of buying a monitor but with going back to the office I needed a decent one for home. No idea how good it is compared to others out there but I wasn't saying no to it at $686. Now to get used to this ultra wide resolution...

Welcome to the ultrawide gang.

For some reason I hadn’t updated my NVIDIA driver in over a year, surprised I hadn’t had a pop up or something.

For some reason I hadn’t updated my NVIDIA driver in over a year, surprised I hadn’t had a pop up or something.

i don't have geforce experience installed and i forgot to update for so long one time that Windows 10 update decided to update the GPU driver on it's own without telling me. nearly shat myself coz i was just sitting at the PC and screen goes black twice out of nowhere

Silly question…Is there a difference between the different types of keyboard?

I’ve been playing a heap of battlefield over the last few days and my hands and wrists are bloody sore from using the keyboard, wondering if there’s a better option.

Silly question…Is there a difference between the different types of keyboard?

I’ve been playing a heap of battlefield over the last few days and my hands and wrists are bloody sore from using the keyboard, wondering if there’s a better option.

Ergonomics are quite different between keyboards (even if they are the same kind (mechanical etc)

My new keyboard did wonders for my wrists, but it all depends on what you're using currently.

Ergonomics are quite different between keyboards (even if they are the same kind (mechanical etc)

My new keyboard did wonders for my wrists, but it all depends on what you're using currently.

I bought a Razer Cynosa Chroma when I first did my build as I had some EB vouchers. It’s a horrible keyboard for typing for work haha!

Comes just as much down to your entire setup than just the keyboard. From keyboard slope if adjustable, your desk/chair height, are your wrists resting on the desk etc.

For example in my experience I need to have my chair arms the same height as the desk and angled slightly inwards. Then I use the stands on my keyboard for full tilt and my wrists rest on the cushion rest thingy that my Razer Blackwidow elite comes with. I found for me this limits fatigue and pressure on my wrists that would lead to aches and pains and in more extreme cases in the past numbing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back