Remove this Banner Ad

I'm now air cooling a 3950x with the stock cooler from my 240GE :D

giphy.gif

How's it running?

giphy.gif

How's it running?

pretty much!

Was idling around 60 and then throttling at 95

Got the cooler mounted now and it's back at a balmy 38c idle.

Is anybody using a quest 2 yet? I searched for a thread and couldn’t find one. Apparently there is a referral code deal so let me know if anybody wants to save some coin.

Are WD Elements HDs any good? I've always used Seagate Expansion but I am looking for a new 10TB HD and Amazon has WD Elements 10tb on sale for $309 whereas the cheapest I can find a Seagate Expansion is $389.

The elements are great, esp if you're going to shuck them :)

Just bought another 8tb hard drive for the server, 32TB Local storage baby

Completely forgot that I had used all 8 of my motherboards SATA ports.

Time to spend an obscene amount of money on an HBA.

Le Sigh

Just bought another 8tb hard drive for the server, 32TB Local storage baby
What are you running on your server?

Will be repurposing my old PC as an Unraid server.

What are you running on your server?

Will be repurposing my old PC as an Unraid server.

Nice!

My Unraid server is basically

Plex
Sonarr/Radarr
Qbittorrent (for linux distros)
Grafana,
Bitwarden
Unifi Controller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll definitely be using Sonarr/Radarr but probably with newsgroups rather than torrents so will run Nzbget.

Will most likely set up Plex as well.

May look at playing around with a bit of home automation stuff and other geek stuff.

Need to pick up a HDD (10TB WD elements deal looking good) to back up stuff from an old windows home server that's on its last legs.

And thinking of a 500GB SSD as a cache drive for Docker/VM stuff and repurposing a 250GB SSD as a cache for file transfers.

Have an assortment of 2TB drives I plan on using.

Will get a new case with more HDD bays and may get a new PSU as my current one while working fine is about ten years old.

I'll definitely be using Sonarr/Radarr but probably with newsgroups rather than torrents so will run Nzbget.

May look at playing around with a bit of home automation stuff and other geek stuff.

Need to pick up a HDD (10TB WD elements deal looking good) to back up stuff from an old windows home server that's on its last legs.

And thinking of a 500GB SSD as a cache drive for Docker/VM stuff and repurposing a 250GB SSD as a cache for file transfers.

Will get a new case with more HDD bays and may get a new PSU as my current one while working fine is about ten years old.

Just remember with unraid, your data drives need to be the same size or smaller than your parity drive.
Also, you probably should get a second ssd so unraid can raid the cache. (If you don't unraid will give you a warning that your cache is unprotected from failures). (Your cache is where all your docker/vm settings are stored).

For those interested, Plex Pass is ~$69 AUD for lifetime atm if you use this method:

Lol @ the Steam sale.

F1 2021 base game is $18. Deluxe upgrade is $15. Deluxe edition of the game is $52. Somehow buying the base game and deluxe edition upgrade is $20 cheaper than buying the deluxe version of the game.

Lol @ the Steam sale.

F1 2021 base game is $18. Deluxe upgrade is $15. Deluxe edition of the game is $52. Somehow buying the base game and deluxe edition upgrade is $20 cheaper than buying the deluxe version of the game.

Sometimes you definitely have to dig through those sales to work out the best value. PC Building Sim has been on my wishlist since early access. Will this be the sale I finally pull the trigger? 🤔

Yeah that's great but what about some RGB?

Lol

It's a black ******* box mate.

My new build will have enough rgb bling to rival the sun!

Not sure how much experience you have with unraid, but let me know if you want any help!

Thinking about picking up this.

Don't really have a place to put it, I'm using an ikea rack currently, but I don't know if this is a good idea.

No you're a mod.

Stupid new egg, You can google RSV-L4500U and should bring it up, it's a stupidly large case.
If by "Ikea rack" you mean the standard little Lackrack setup, then this is going to hang out the back a fair way, you'll probably also be wanting to mount it at the bottom of the legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back