Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If your board is planning a rebranding process, my hunch is that you would expect it to be announced/launched when they think you're about to begin your move up the ladder. Could be later this season or next.

FWIW, I'd be recommending an evolution of the current 'raptor' head logo. Get it redrawn so it's more crow like and not as derivative. Coupled with new lettering for the main brand mark, and a custom typeface for marketing activities. Keep the structure more or less the same, just tighten everything. i also reckon there's room for Claude Crow to make a return in someway shape or form.

Regardless of the team I support, it would be a dream job to take the Crows brand and knock it into shape. Only downside would be the power politics involved, and the inevitable backlash against the change.

If your board is planning a rebranding process, my hunch is that you would expect it to be announced/launched when they think you're about to begin your move up the ladder. Could be later this season or next.

FWIW, I'd be recommending an evolution of the current 'raptor' head logo. Get it redrawn so it's more crow like and not as derivative. Coupled with new lettering for the main brand mark, and a custom typeface for marketing activities. Keep the structure more or less the same, just tighten everything. i also reckon there's room for Claude Crow to make a return in someway shape or form.

Regardless of the team I support, it would be a dream job to take the Crows brand and knock it into shape. Only downside would be the power politics involved, and the inevitable backlash against the change.
I don't think it needs to be complicated.
Just look like a strong logo that is the equal or the rest of the competition.

Gold Coast is probably the only other logo worse than ours.

I don't think it needs to be complicated.
Just look like a strong logo that is the equal or the rest of the competition.

Gold Coast is probably the only other logo worse than ours.

The logo is only one small part of a larger system. There's no value in just changing the logo without reviewing the entire visual identity.

I tried to get one of those AI things to make one. I’m guessing English isn’t its first language. Just imagine it says Adelaide Crows instead of whatever that says.
AAD0BEBE-85C7-4EA6-A359-7FDDC7E5B492.png

How about a bit like how Sydney have the silhouette of the bridge in there

In our logo we incorporate Adelaide Oval somehow

You know being our home and heartland as the Adelaide crows and all
I can’t remember where I saw it, someone did one with the Cathedral incorporated into it. Kind of a good idea but that one looked too ‘churchy’.

View attachment 1607950A couple more AI generated ones.
If a robot can do better than our current one for free, couldn’t be that hard to pay a couple dollars to someone to do it properly.

View attachment 1607949

Those bottom ones could be used as a based to draw a logo that's less illustrative. They're quite good proportionally and they look more like a crow than your current one. I'd also flip it so it's facing right.

Would be a good evolution.

Last edited:
Those bottom ones could be used as a based to draw a logo that's less illustrative. They're quote good proportionally and they look more like a crow than your current one. I'd also flip it so it's facing right.

Would be a good evolution.
Yeah I agree, they’re a bit too busy to be logos as they are, but It’s not bad considering it took less than a minute to spit it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still like the (basically) symmetrical ones that show the crow in action as a logo and would look good enlarged in the centre chest area on an away jumper.View attachment 1608092
View attachment 1608095View attachment 1608097
I like the Austin Crows one. A while back I stole it and made this. As much as I like it though, I'm not sure it would look good printed on clothing. I think removing the shield was probably a mistake.

yXJvEAT.jpg

I like the Austin Crows one. A while back I stole it and made this. As much as I like it though, I'm not sure it would look good printed on clothing. I think removing the shield was probably a mistake.

yXJvEAT.jpg
I like it a lot but you could be right. Maybe needs some red and gold shape behind the crow so that it reflects the Crows even if the text isn’t used.
Maybe gold (and red?) instead of the white profile around the crow in the Austin version?

Last edited:
I have not purchased any new Crows merch in over 5 years. I won't be buying any new merch until we have a new logo. A new logo is a must. it must be strong with a traditional footy logo look to it. Last thing we want is a cartoon Americanized looking piece of crapola. Go back to the 90s logo and give it a facelift

Back