Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be 18th. Like i said, i won' t sign blindly. Show me there's a better alternative. It's not an unreasonable request.
I’m not a big fan of the whole petition thing, but I put this back to you.......

Is continuing with Brad Scott down this path a viable alternative?

Who knows what happens in the next 20 weeks, but it’s worrying that the same issues that have plagued his tenure continue to surface. 10 years and there has been no growth or improvement. We still are one of the worst skilled sides in the competition, our development is atrocious and our coach still hasn’t come up with a solution to make change when things aren’t going well.

So the alternative is to continue down this path for another two years or take the risk on something new? There are no guarantees in footy and the alternative may be worse, but are you truly happy with our current direction?

If you aren’t happy, then the alternative is change, for better or worse. We have seen the best and worst of Brad and let’s be honest, after 10 years what we have now is what we get, he isn’t going to change.

Greg Miller always returned my phone calls. I'd love being called out of meetings because "Greg Miller is on the phone ". A straight talker and genuine. 😊 He also sent out regular Post scripts to members updating on club news.

We now have a media department to send out carefully prepared/groomed content.

It worked for A-League fans in November 2015. Footage ended up on the TV and every newspaper, video went mad online.

It's got strong optics. If it ever got as dire as 0-7 or 1-9 and no one looks like budging, it should absolutely be on the table as an option.

I recall a penalty being handed out to a baseball club in Japan where they had to play a home game in a locked stadium with no one watching.

Just sit back and ask yourselves, no really I mean it, really look deep inside your souls and ask yourself ..........

Do I really think the club will sack the coach.

I think you will find you wont like the reply.

Of course we won't.

We are probably paying him way more than what he is worth and given current salary cap restraints these days, it means we are pretty much locked in to a contract or at least that's my perception. Happy to be proved wrong here.

I honestly don't think anything will happen until close to the end of 2020 but that won't stop me from beating the drum and banging doors down every week until it hopefully and rightfully eventuates.

I want my club back!

I want my club back!

[IMG='align:left;']https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuzlgRfLWSPCMnKiV0PUz_qgzM6np87tPiAjrUp8sOgLmGu0Ux[/IMG]​

"We speak all the time of legacy and contribution, of knowing we are mere custodians of this great football club. All our people from the club leaders down to the mortgage brokers recognise the truly privileged position we're in. We're all working really hard and I know this group are of the highest character and will respond and make you proud."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Brad just spoken to the media and said: "Its not a lack of buy in, its just a lack of execution"...... I think tackles isn't a bad measure of effort (buy in). Even if things aren't going your way and you can't fiind the ball, you can always get into the game buy laying tackles.

Well our leading tackler this season is Hall, who averages 4.3 tackles a game! Any the criticism of him at his previous club was a lack of defensive effort.

Leading tacklers at other clubs: Sloanne 8.3, Omeara, 7.7, Zorko 6.0, Cripps 7.0, Andy Brayshaw 6.3, Dalhaus 8.0, Mcpherson (suns) 6.3, Melbourne has a few on 6.0, Boak 7.0, Richmond has a handful on 5.0, Steele saints, 8.0, Swans have 5 players averaging more than 5.3, WCE 4.7 (but hey they're the reigning premiers ,,,,not a luxury we have), Bulldogs have 5 players averaging more than Hall.

So that says to me in a team that is 0-3 there is a lack of effort/buy in. It is little wonder we have been heavily scored against.

Going to jump in now against the grain (including my own musings) while the Adelaide game and beyond is still an unwritten future.

I really would not take any pleasure from Brad being sacked. For all the malarkey we throw around here at some level I'm fond of him and haven't heard a bad word about him from those who know him better than most of us.

However I don't think he should be our coach anymore (derr). Hope he steps aside sooner than later just like his predecessor did so that he can walk back through our doors one day and be loved and respected for his role in the club's history and future.

Going to jump in now against the grain (including my own musings) while the Adelaide game and beyond is still an unwritten future.

I really would not take any pleasure from Brad being sacked. For all the malarkey we throw around here at some level I'm fond of him and haven't heard a bad word about him from those who know him better than most of us.

However I don't think he should be our coach anymore (derr). Hope he steps aside sooner than later just like his predecessor did so that he can walk back through our doors one day and be loved and respected for his role in the club's history and future.

+1 for me. FWIW though not sure what impact any petition will have. The club flat out didn't give a toss what supporters thought about moving more games to Tasmania - not sure why that would be different to anything else they do.

+1 for me. FWIW though not sure what impact any petition will have. The club flat out didn't give a toss what supporters thought about moving more games to Tasmania - not sure why that would be different to anything else they do.

Agree I'm speaking purely on the notion of sacking him vs him resigning. There's no way a petition would carry any weight unless it included the signatures of Spirit of Tasmania board members.

Brad is doing the same as he did when we're were competitive.

It's not like he wants to lose games of football.

However this issue as I see it is this:
Brad has a game plan/style that he completely believes will win football. It is reliant upon players playing the role he set them. We have cycled through players to find this. However this places limitations on what players can do.

It's why our players look confused had the time.

If you contrast to the noises being made out of West Coast, Simmo creates a situation where a players natural skill and talent is the most important thing. Don't take creative on baller and shove him into a pocket because of some misguided attempt to shoehorn him into the side. Don't take a defensive mid and turn him into a defensive HBF come HFF come HBF.
Sure Simmos team all have roles to play, and each player will sacrifice parts of their game for others. In our team it seem players are asked to sacrifice their games to the game plan and to guarding grass. It's gotta be demoralizing. I mean imagine walking off after losing feeling you may have been able to give more. I'm sure players feel like that.

This ties into why we like senior players so much. They know the role, they may not be as good at football, but they are better at the plan.

Coaching to me seems to be part science part art. Brad is full science, always has been. It's why he hangs on stats.

The players have loved him. He's been a decent media face for the club (some pressers notwithstanding). However it's time. The administration made a mistake in re-signing him ahead of time.

I see what you mean, and I wouldn't take pleasure in a vindictive, personal way either, but I would take pleasure in the fact that the club will have been brave, willing to take a risk, and content to not just be mediocre. I'd be excited about the freshness that a new guy at the helm would bring. Truthfully, no matter how it happens, I would be pleased he's gone, and honestly I wouldn't be sympathetic, knowing that he's had his time, done well out of us financially, and he'll have a plum media gig available to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back