Preview PF Fremantle v Hawthorn (Hawks are welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah a few nerves but they are nerves of excitement knowing the games just 24 hrs away and me and the kids will be there. Daughter said she can't wait to see the friggin' lights on at night:D. My nephew's a full on Eagle and the son but they're f!@#in pumped for this!!!!!!

C'MON FREO!!!!

For you guys too win, i reckon you must kick more goals than you usually do.To beat the piss and poo, youd want to kick around 14 snags at least, and hopefully keep them to around 12. you have a great back line, but your forwards must step up too the plate. Its time Pav put in a real big one, for him and big unit sandilands, this could be their last tilt at a Gf, so they should both put in big ones. If they do, you are halfway home, at least.

I'm not sure having a cry is going to change anything, especially on an internet forum. It's been happening since footy was first played, sometimes teams get a good break, sometimes they don't.
Fremantle's last 11 losses now have all been in games where Freo ended on the wrong side of the Free Kick tally. ... That's a little more than just a team not getting a good break.

Again, it's very easy to take comfort in dismissing the evidence and to just paint the publisher of such evidence as a ridiculous crying conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't bother me, you are not my target audience. My information is intended towards the supporters who currently have a belief that Freo are hard done by, but they don't have any data supporting such beliefs. They're not going to get that data via the media. An internet forum is the perfect place to find such data.
Hopefully, a few more fans, armed with knowledge of supporting data of umpiring bias, may be yelling and supporting the loudest tomorrow night when Rosebury decides to make another shocking decision against Freo. One thing I do know, those fans being extra vocal will help more than you will, by simply dismissing it as sooking, irrelevant of whether I'm right or wrong about umpiring bias.

Obviously luke and possibly MJ will be out. I think even with a fully fit team if we let hawks have 40 plus inside 50s we will lose the game.

The key is in the middle and i dont want to see sandi try to finess 1m from his feet where the hawks shark his taps. Equally from memory we tend to win clearances and stoppages but our disposal out of congestion leads to turnovers which puts too much pressure on our backs.

Pardon?

Fremantle's last 11 losses now have all been in games where Freo ended on the wrong side of the Free Kick tally. ... That's a little more than just a team not getting a good break.

Again, it's very easy to take comfort in dismissing the evidence and to just paint the publisher of such evidence as a ridiculous crying conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't bother me, you are not my target audience. My information is intended towards the supporters who currently have a belief that Freo are hard done by, but they don't have any data supporting such beliefs. They're not going to get that data via the media. An internet forum is the perfect place to find such data.
Hopefully, a few more fans, armed with knowledge of supporting data of umpiring bias, may be yelling and supporting the loudest tomorrow night when Rosebury decides to make another shocking decision against Freo. One thing I do know, those fans being extra vocal will help more than you will, by simply dismissing it as sooking, irrelevant of whether I'm right or wrong about umpiring bias.
Teams often lose the free kick count when they lose the game. It means they were second to the ball and undisciplined.
I'm not one of those supporters who sits at the footy and screams bloody murder every time there is a free kick against us, even though it was a blatant high tackle or the opposition clearly disposed of the ball. More often than not teams are deservedly penalised, or not as the case may be. We have got a really good ride from the umps at home this year, im not sure why you're complaining.

Don't just look at the free kick tally, look at the free kicks paid and whether they were justified. Anything other than that is very poor analysis.

Not just the free kicks. There was a 12 point play where A. Pearce was not paid a clear mark against Norf and the ball went down the other end for a goal.
They won by 11 points.

Similar was Sandi's mark not paid against Sydney.

Does anyway won't to talk again the game (not the umpiring, the players, match ups etc) :confused:

The English is that poor in this post I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Teams often lose the free kick count when they lose the game. It means they were second to the ball and undisciplined.
I'm not one of those supporters who sits at the footy and screams bloody murder every time there is a free kick against us, even though it was a blatant high tackle or the opposition clearly disposed of the ball. More often than not teams are deservedly penalised, or not as the case may be. We have got a really good ride from the umps at home this year, im not sure why you're complaining.

Don't just look at the free kick tally, look at the free kicks paid and whether they were justified. Anything other than that is very poor analysis.
Again, you are not my target audience, but to those willing to have a proper look at the data I present, I have watched the majority of the Freo games from recordings. Every Free Kick I slow down and zoom in if required. I record a great deal of information that I am unable to obtain from anywhere other than from the recordings. I also watch West Coast matches and do the same (but not as often) to allow some comparison.
When I say that Jeff Dalgleish is biased in favour of West Coast and biased against Fremantle, I say it with some conviction given the many hours of recordings I have seen. I regularly see video footage of him standing right in front of infringements against Fremantle and he chooses to ignore them. Conversely he is very quick on the whistle for Eagles' players. Now I welcome you to dismiss what I have just said about Dalgleish as subjective because it is just what I claim to have seen, but when I state that Fremantle have only won the Free Kick tally in 2015 when he has umpired, once in 6 games while West Coast have won the Free Kick tally in 7 of 8 games, then that is objective factual statistics and it supports what I see. That should not be so easily dismissed.

Theories of second to the ball and undisciplined acts are further uneducated and unsupported dismissive attempts of comfort. I could present plenty of data to discredit this theory, but I would be wasting both of our time. For others, I would show them Pav's 2015 Free stats and how this is the first year since 2004 he is in the red for Frees. That is, in 2015, even veteran players like Pav and Sandi have a sudden swing of Frees against them. I struggle to understand why such players would all of a sudden become undisciplined this year, in a year when they have lost less games than any other season.

Since Freo R6 Freo's combined Free Kick Tally at Subi for 2015 is 154 Frees For vs 184 Frees Against. So NO, we have not had a good run at Subi. I did cherry pick from R6 because I believe the umpiring became worse against Fremantle after we were seen to be successful (unbeaten). We had favourable umpiring up until and including R6. But just in case you don't like my cherry picking, it would be 240 vs 252 = -12 Free Kicks for all Subi games for 2015 ... again NO we have not had a good run at home. It's easy to be dismissive by posting unsupported off the cuff replies isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, you are not my target audience, but to those willing to have a proper look at the data I present, I have watched the majority of the Freo games from recordings. Every Free Kick I slow down and zoom in if required. I record a great deal of information that I am unable to obtain from anywhere other than from the recordings. I also watch West Coast matches and do the same (but not as often) to allow some comparison.
When I say that Jeff Dalgleish is biased in favour of West Coast and biased against Fremantle, I say it with some conviction given the many hours of recordings I have seen. I regularly see video footage of him standing right in front of infringements against Fremantle and he chooses to ignore them. Conversely he is very quick on the whistle for Eagles' players. Now I welcome you to dismiss what I have just said about Dalgleish as subjective because it is just what I claim to have seen, but when I state that Fremantle have only won the Free Kick tally in 2015 when he has umpired, once in 6 games while West Coast have won the Free Kick tally in 7 of 8 games, then that is objective factual statistics and it supports what I see. That should not be so easily dismissed.

Theories of second to the ball and undisciplined acts are further uneducated and unsupported dismissive attempts of comfort. I could present plenty of data to discredit this theory, but I would be wasting both of our time. For others, I would show them Pav's 2015 Free stats and how this is the first year since 2004 he is in the red for Frees. That is, in 2015, even veteran players like Pav and Sandi have a sudden swing of Frees against them. I struggle to understand why such players would all of a sudden become undisciplined this year, in a year when they have lost less games than any other season.

Since Freo R6 Freo's combined Free Kick Tally at Subi for 2015 is 154 Frees For vs 184 Frees Against. So NO, we have not had a good run at Subi. I did cherry pick from R6 because I believe the umpiring became worse against Fremantle after we were seen to be successful (unbeaten). We had favourable umpiring up until and including R6. But just in case you don't like my cherry picking, it would be 240 vs 252 = -12 Free Kicks for all Subi games for 2015 ... again NO we have not had a good run at home. It's easy to be dismissive by posting unsupported off the cuff replies isn't it?
Yes its very easy to be dismissive - but all your stats are still subjective.

To your point on Pav and Sandi, often as players age they get slower and thus have to resort to other tactics to stay in the contest. I would've thought this is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they may have given away a few more free kicks this year. Every year is different anyway - why should statistical trends in free kicks awarded hold true every year. This is not the class room, its a real game of sport with infinite variables.

What exactly are you expecting with the umpiring - that we win the free kick count every week? Just because we lose the free kick count does not mean the kick didn't deserve to be awarded. You talk about going over hours of footage in slow motion, but you are biased in your views- of course you're going to say we were hard done by. Free kick tally's do not tell the whole story of the way the game was played and they do not serve as objective factual statistics as you claim.

I'm not saying umpires don't make mistakes but what you are claiming by the umpires is essentially cheating.

I'm not saying umpires don't make mistakes but what you are claiming by the umpires is essentially cheating.
Don't forget the conspiracy within the AFL to select these known cheaters for Fremantle games. Or does the AFL tell them to pay frees against Freo? I'm not sure which is more insane to be honest.

Don't forget the conspiracy within the AFL to select these known cheaters for Fremantle games. Or does the AFL tell them to pay frees against Freo? I'm not sure which is more insane to be honest.
I just have to shake my head and remember its only the internet sometimes...

How long have you been following footy? Vlad most definitely pushed an agenda in 2013 - hence the comments about resting before the St Kilda game and the bizarre decision (that backfired) to punish Fremantle by sending them to a regional ground for a final.

An ex-AFL player has been selected to officiate in games coached by the man who ended his career. The perceived conflict of interest is enough to question the integrity of the umpiring department. The different performances of individual umpires depending on who they are officiating is a cause for great concern: the stats have been presented here, and should not be hidden.

Incorrect or unbalanced umpiring decisions early in a game can have a significant effect on the way a game develops. George Grjlusich was very big on this in his day, and while he could overstate it, he had a point.

Even Hodge (so brave!) recognises some players get favoured treatment -remember his comments about Gazza, ironic really considering the s**t he's got away with this year. There have always been star struck player worshipping umpires who let certain players get away with things more than others. For a while this year I thought that Fyfe might become one of the favoured few, but it hasn't happened.

You might call it a conspiracy. Nah, it's using evidence to make a case.

How long have you been following footy? Vlad most definitely pushed an agenda in 2013 - hence the comments about resting before the St Kilda game and the bizarre decision (that backfired) to punish Fremantle by sending them to a regional ground for a final.

An ex-AFL player has been selected to officiate in games coached by the man who ended his career. The perceived conflict of interest is enough to question the integrity of the umpiring department. The different performances of individual umpires depending on who they are officiating is a cause for great concern: the stats have been presented here, and should not be hidden.

Incorrect or unbalanced umpiring decisions early in a game can have a significant effect on the way a game develops. George Grjlusich was very big on this in his day, and while he could overstate it, he had a point.

Even Hodge (so brave!) recognises some players get favoured treatment -remember his comments about Gazza, ironic really considering the s**t he's got away with this year. There have always been star struck player worshipping umpires who let certain players get away with things more than others. For a while this year I thought that Fyfe might become one of the favoured few, but it hasn't happened.

You might call it a conspiracy. Nah, it's using evidence to make a case.
What you are suggesting is a conspiracy and the evidence presented so far is pretty weak for such a big claim.

The stat regarding number of wins and losses in games umpired by some or none of Stevic, Rosebury and Dalgleish is a good one though. If you can find a statistician at UWA who's a Dockers supporter they might be interested in having a look and could maybe tell you if it's significant.

What you are suggesting is a conspiracy and the evidence presented so far is pretty weak for such a big claim.

The stat regarding number of wins and losses in games umpired by some or none of Stevic, Rosebury and Dalgleish is a good one though. If you can find a statistician at UWA who's a Dockers supporter they might be interested in having a look and could maybe tell you if it's significant.

wow 100 posts a year - you must make an irregular visit out of the woodwork when WCE are in with a chance

Not always, but people who are quick to throw the "conspiracy" label out there tend not to question mainstream. Again, you are not the target audience and there is little use trying to tell you, a West Coast supporter something about umpiring when your team currently has a Free Kick differential (Frees For - Frees Against) for 2015 of (424-324) positive 80, while Freo have (394-446) negative 52, that is a 132 Free Kick difference. Who can blame you for arguing a case for the current umpiring status quo.

Not always, but people who are quick to throw the "conspiracy" label out there tend not to question mainstream. Again, you are not the target audience and there is little use trying to tell you, a West Coast supporter something about umpiring when your team currently has a Free Kick differential (Frees For - Frees Against) for 2015 of (424-324) positive 80, while Freo have (394-446) negative 52, that is a 132 Free Kick difference. Who can blame you for arguing a case for the current umpiring status quo.
Believing that umpires and the AFL don't deliberately cheat or favour teams is not "mainstream", it's just sensible in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary.

If you do what I suggested and get someone suitably qualified to take a proper look at the data then I'm sure many people (myself included) would be interested.

Believing that umpires and the AFL don't deliberately cheat or favour teams is not "mainstream", it's just sensible in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary.

If you do what I suggested and get someone suitably qualified to take a proper look at the data then I'm sure many people (myself included) would be interested.
And your thoughts on a delisted former player umpiring against the man who ended his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back