Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

The rushing TD's don't count. Even when Lamar was MVP in regular season he was 1 and done in playoffs because running QB's don't win in playoffs.

He's not including rushing td's in those numbers. He's thrown for 11 & rushed for 5 in 9 games so extend that out & it's ~ 21 & 10ish. Those would be reasonable numbers for a first full season. Improve his accuracy down the stretch & there's a strong case to be made he has earned another go around.

yet Jones gets mostly positive projections, Hurts mostly negative

Yeah there is a bit of a weird agenda going on in some quarters, maybe it's the 1st round pick bias, maybe because it's a 'Howie pick', dunno.

I have no problem with the criticism when it's warranted & Hurts does have to improve his passing, but where's the recognition when his passing is on point, like in the 2nd half of the Chargers game? That just doesn't fit the agenda I guess.

Last edited:
Jalen Hurts has joined Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, and Robert Griffin III as the only quarterbacks with more than 2,000 passing yards, more than 500 rushing yards, and five rushing touchdowns in his team's first ten games.
Hurts through ten games has exceeded the expectations of his most ardent backers. In the Eagles' Week 10 win over Denver, Hurts threw for 178 yards and two touchdowns, tacking on 53 yards on the ground. He's now fantasy's QB3 behind Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen, and has a decent shot to finish the year as the top-scoring quarterback in fantasy this season. His 547 rushing yards through Week 10 ranks second only to Lamar Jackson, and his five rushing touchdowns are tied for the most among QBs. Hurts is a prime example of the power of fantasy football's Konami Code. He'll once again be an elite option in Week 11 against the Saints.
... See More
SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
Nov 15, 2021, 8:56 AM ET

Well the 3 top 10 picks fantasy was fun while it lasted :D Carson still well on track to give us a first but looking like it will be something around picks 5(miami)/13(ours)/18(colts) at guess

Still a decent haul esp if Hurts can keep improving & QB isn't a draft priority.

Use 2 1sts on the D & trade one for a following years 1st would be my Madden strategy;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time IMO Hurts actually looked good in the first half yesterday. 2nd half he was pretty ordinary and if the fumble recovery for TD didn't occur I wonder if Eagles win the game.

There was a deliberate shift in game plan in the 2nd half away from passing though so there wasn't much chance for Hurts to add to his stats. We definitely see a different game if not for that turnover TD but given they couldn't stop the Eagles run, I doubt the result changes, Broncos were outplayed all day.

Some stats to expose the Hurts 'garbage time' myth.

that really doesn't prove anything, hes using a final score to say X isn't garbage time when against the Bucs for example, there was a whole heap of garbage time in a one score game.

that really doesn't prove anything, hes using a final score to say X isn't garbage time when against the Bucs for example, there was a whole heap of garbage time in a one score game.

fair enough point but that is one game & given plenty keep blabbing on about garbage time (not here btw), it's a valid response for Roob to make.

fair enough point but that is one game & given plenty keep blabbing on about garbage time (not here btw), it's a valid response for Roob to make.

That game was just one off the top of my head, havent looked into any of the others.

I think Hurts has been pretty good this year in regards to expectation. Id certainly be sticking with him for another year over wasting a good pick on this years trash QB draft class.

Eagles signed CB Avonte Maddox to a three-year, $22.5 million extension.
Maddox, who was in the final year of his rookie contract, lands $13.3 million guaranteed. It's the second extension from GM Howie Roseman this week after signing TE Dallas Goedert to a four-year, $59 million deal. The Eagles' slot corner, Maddox is having a breakout 2021, posting 45 tackles, an interception, and two forced fumbles while allowing just 33 catches. Maddox's extension keeps him in Philly through his age-28 season.
SOURCE: NFL Network
Nov 20, 2021, 11:31 AM E

The 5th one : Round 6, No. 206 Overall: G Matt Pryor, TCU
4/5 aint bad :D

& even with Pryor they got like a 5th or 6th for him iirc.

Howie shows he can get it right now & then but he'll never live down the JJAW/Reagor picks given what they could/should have been. JJAW is a nice 2nd round special teamer ( :huh: ) but at least he's something - I dont know what Reagor is anymore, offers nothing that I can see in any aspect of the game, a true disappointment.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back