• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
It does have a purpose, Presti gave up his spot in the granny and this was the way the club chose to remember him for that decision, but I think that it should be scrapped when Nick Daicos get drafted.
The idea of honoring the number is not a bad one. Giving it to the highest draft pick however may not have been the best idea. Some seasons we don't even get to see then number out on the paddock.

That's true. The more I watched of his highlights, the more effective his long kicking appeared, although I'd still question his shorter kicking.

Would not be the Worst Kicking Action Collingwood has ever had;)

The idea of honoring the number is not a bad one. Giving it to the highest draft pick however may not have been the best idea. Some seasons we don't even get to see then number out on the paddock.

Like Last Season

Since I shifted away from the idea of a key position i've pretty consistently liked Coffield for us.

I think Coffield is off our Radar now. Earliest he might go is 8 to Saints

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whose idea was the number 35 going to the first player selected? It is ridiculous and now we have a junior Daicos, the club should end it.

One of the worst ideas I've seen with absolutely no purpose.

Here we go again..every year... It does have a purpose, you may not like that purpose but one exists... I reckon young Daicos would have had rocks in his head to accept the immense burden of wearing his Dad's number...

No. But the best likely at 6 and considering other risks (Bonar and injury for e.g.) Unless Cerra falls.

What you like about Coffield over higher Rated Talents in Brayshaw,Naughton and Fogarty who else bee Linked to us?

Going by the poll, Fogarty is the runaway winner for pick 6, yet as you imply, this is not reflected by the discussion. What's the point of a poll that so inaccurately reflects the feelings of posters? Three times more people voted for Fogarty than Naughton, and 6 times more for Fogarty than Cerra. Coffield is a clear number 2 in the poll, but not going by the comments. It's the last time I put any faith in a poll. It seems people just do something deliberately obtuse when they complete a poll.
Suspect Swooop is right and it’s who people want rather than who they think we’ll take/will be available.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
What you like about Coffield over higher Rated Talents in Brayshaw,Naughton and Fogarty who else bee Linked to us?

Coffield is a very balanced player. One of the best kicks in the draft including the very damaging diagonal kick that opens up the ground. He has pace and is good 1vs1. A good height. Positional scope for midfield. Good spatial awareness and agility to use it. I really like him as a prospect.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Herald Sun think Stephenson could slip as low as pick 20 due to his heart issue. Meaning North will take Cerra unless Brisbane take Brayshaw at 1

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
So is there a list of all the gurus phantom drafts and who do these gurus list at 6 and 38?

Be interesting too see and compare Friday night.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The poll is more likely a greater reflection of who people hope we select than who we expect the club will take.

The discussion now in the thread is more focused on the latter.

I'm still hoping for Stephenson.;)
Who is your avatar, I feel I know here from somewhere - she'd be a good pick up at 6

(Joking ofcourse)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back