Competitions Pieman Round 23 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dickson for banker pls
Mike, am I having a senior moment or what?
1. Did you change your name? Weren't you Mike2009? I must have missed that.
2. You traded Dickson out - way back in the first trade period after Rd 3. Your current team is
Dahlhaus​
Stringer​
Griffen-T1​
Macrae-T2​
Giansiracusa-T2​

So you can't have Dickson. Gia is currently your banker. If I don't hear back it will stay as Gia.

Mike, am I having a senior moment or what?
1. Did you change your name? Weren't you Mike2009? I must have missed that.
2. You traded Dickson out - way back in the first trade period after Rd 3. Your current team is
Dahlhaus​
Stringer​
Griffen-T1​
Macrae-T2​
Giansiracusa-T2​

So you can't have Dickson. Gia is currently your banker. If I don't hear back it will stay as Gia.

Yes mate, I dropped the 2009 in favour of the _ cult

Ok, gia it remains

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN 2013 FINAL RESULTS

I kid you not. It really did come down to a DRS.

I thought I had the scores right as the game finished - grassman75 hanging on to win by 9 points - so imagine my surprise when I double-checked the WB and AFL web sites and read the match report which said Liam Jones kicked two goals not one:

WESTERN BULLDOGS 4.3 13.6 14.8 16.11 (107) 

MELBOURNE 4.5 6.5 9.7 13.9 (87)
GOALS

Western Bulldogs: Dickson 3, Hunter 2, Cooney 2, Giansiracusa 2, Jones 2, Wallis, Grant, Cross, Liberatore, Minson

Melbourne: Watts 4, Kent 2, N. Jones, Garland, Howe, Sellar, Viney, M.Jones, Dunn
StringyDog had Jones as his banker so the extra goal gave him 10 points and meant he got home by 1 point - 721 to 720!

I also double-checked the rules of the comp which say:
Goal scorers will be as listed on the WB/AFL websites.

Could Stringydog have stolen the Pieman title? Would the AFL get sacked as the official scorekeeper for the AFL? This was when the DRS was called in to play. I went to the match stats section of the AFL website which said Jones had kicked only one goal (and Campbell kicked the other). I then watched the match highlights which confirmed what I thought I had seen earlier in the day - Campbell kicking one of those goals - so that's the way I'm calling it.

Congratulations! You can break out the bubbly grassman75
You are The Pieman for 2013!!

Full details to be posted soon.

If I may say a few words.....
First of all, I'd like to thank dogwatch for all the effort he put in running the comp.
Secondly I'd like to thank my team, well done lads, lukey d gave me a case of heartburn today, but we got the job done.
Remember there is no "I" in team, nor in cooney, but there is in Dixon, and we traded him out, so we thank him for his service and move on. The last 7 weeks on top and the reward is a tasty little pie for 12 months on my account.
Finally thanks to all my competitors for a great, fun, exciting season.....except you stringydog, you can go and get.... :p
And remember....winners are grinners....and losers can...well you know

Lol

This comp does do bad things, When Dahl's goal went up to review I was sort of hoping for a point :eek: and with Jones playing poorly at about the half way through third quarter I kept looking over at him - don't go to bench you might get subbed, don't go to bench you might get subbed.

Well done to grassman75 or assman75 I should say with my utensil, I mean Dick-son ups.

Thanks to dogwatch for organising it, I am sure it takes a fair bit of work and time to do :thumbsu:

From third last year to second this year, just gotta keep going up, but as back to back placegetter I shall have to settle with being the Party Pieman for now.

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 23

Pieman Player of the Week
Lachie Hunter (32) was the best this week, from Daniel Cross (25) :( and Tom Campbell (16).
No way you'll get those handicaps on Campbell and Hunter next year!

Pieman Team of the Year
If you had these five:
Campbell (144)
Giansiracusa (144)
Dahlhaus (140)
Addison (132)
Markovic (125)
you would have racked up 685 points* - enough to get you third place without a banker.

* based on pre-season handicaps

The PIEMAN
As posted above grassman75 (720) held on for a 9 point win over StringyDog (711) with maddog37 (679) snatching third place from cecil (672).

The hard luck stories belong to StringyDog who didn't learn his lesson about Dickson (if Dickson was his banker Stringy would have won the comp) and Nath09. Jones only needed to have kicked that early goal and StringyDog would have been the Pieman 2013.

I've mentioned it before but if Nath09 (651) had got up it would have been a great story. He traded in his whole team in the last trade period and it didn't seem to be doing him much good. That was until Tom Campbell started playing in the seniors. The commentators were saying that Tom Campbell should probably have had four goals today because he kicked one but missed three very gettable set shots. After Rd 18 Nath09 was languishing in 44th spot but he came home with a wet sail. If Campbell had converted just one of those missed shots today nath would have finished third on 683. If Campbell had kicked all four, nath would have won the comp!

Anyway congrats to grassman75 for the win and to stringydog for another very competitive season. Bad luck mate, but maybe you can go one better in 2014.

The KELVIN
This award goes to the best team score of the week and this week it went to timtamWB (58) ahead of Nath09 (54) and dogz (42).

The most Kelvins for 2013 were won by stefoid who won two Kelvins outright and shared a third.

The COLLINS
This award goes to the team that scored the most goals for the season (no handicaps). It was won by Fossie 32 (112) from cecil (104) with doggy3 (96) in third.

Just by comparison, grassman75 had 83 team goals this year and StringyDog only 71.

So that's almost it for 2013. Thanks to the 54:) contestants and congrats to the winners. I will put up a feedback thread shortly so I can get your ideas for how best to run it in 2014.

Here's the final leaderboard:

Whoohoo! Thanks for doing this comp dogwatch, it has been fun and looks like you had fun doing it, though it looks complicated and a lot of work!

Maybe you could publish a form guide for next year :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back