Competitions Pieman Round 23 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours abound that stringydog was taking performance enhancing substances when he picked his team.

Well you could certainly argue I was taking some type of substances when I traded Cordy into team at T2

PIEMAN FORM GUIDE FOR ROUND 23
OK, as promised, here for a bit of fun, is a form guide and some scenarios that could see grassman75 lose the Pieman race within the shadows of the post. Although the verbal jousting this week has been between grassman75 and stringydog there are others who could still win.

Firstly, here's the team selections for the top 12 on the leaderboard:
I have shaded in grey the players who are injured and won't play on Sunday (Stringer and Smith).

Now here's how any of the above might still win the comp. I have avoided use of bankers here (so as not to give away too many clues) but clearly a well-chosen banker could make a big difference and make it a whole lot easier to bridge the gap! Remember we are playing Melbourne so it's quite possible we could kick 20 goals or more.

grassman75 - steady as she goes. Grassman75 has held the lead for quite a few weeks so if nothing much changes he's got it in the bag.

For all the following, let's assume grassman75's players don't kick any goals: Murphy, Dahl, Cooney and Stevens. The margin they have to make up on grassman75 is shown in brackets.

StringyDog (22) - you would only need a couple of goals from Addison to draw level and a goal from Dickson to hit the lead.

cecil (49) - Jones to kick 4, Gia to kick 3, Macrae to kick a couple.

maddog37 (52) - McCartney experiments with Campbell in the ruck all game with Minson playing at FF. Minson kicks 4 and Dickson 2.

fitzroybulldog (60) - as above but Minson kicks 5 and Griffen gets one (Dickson goalless)

Palace03 (64) - sorry Palace ol' pal but I don't think it's possible without an astute banker selection and a lotta luck. You've got too many of the same players as those ahead of you.

Fossie 32 (67) - same as Palace03, Fossie. That's what happens when you pick all the favs. You may have to be content with the Collins Award.

doggy3 (83) - Addison kicks 8 (to get you in front of grassman75) and Dahlhaus kicks 13 (gets you in front of stringydog). Naah, I think you're better off concentrating on your picks for 2014...

Dannnnnnnnnn (95) - Cordy gets an unexpected recall and kicks 7. Macrae kicks 4.

QPRangers (102) - Grant goes berserk and kicks 9 plus a whole lot of assists to Griffen who kicks 7. Yeah, maybe just a bit fanciful but you gotta be able to dream ...

Nath09 (111) - not beyond the realms of possibility here - Campbell kicks 5, Minson kicks 2 and Libba one. Even easier if Roberts gets a call up. He has a handicap of 16. Nath09's a bit of a smoky ...

Buckingham (115) - pretty tough when you're 115 pts down and you only have three fit players. But if Wallis just happened to kick 7 and Griff kicked 6 ... naah, I guess it's not gonna happen.

And finally for Interloper 's sake, here's a notional market allowing for some discerning use of bankers (and no, I'm not taking any bets):

$1.60 grassman75
$2.10 stringydog
$9 - nath09
$16 - cecil
$51 - maddog37, fitzroybulldog

Write your own ticket the rest.
(Naturally this could change once the final teams are announced).

For all the following, let's assume grassman75's players don't kick any goals: Murphy, Dahl, Cooney and Stevens. The margin they have to make up on grassman75 is shown in brackets.

Great write up DW....the suspense!

Now back to business....if we assume the above statement is true, then we must also assume that we have been totally and utterly outplayed by Melbourne for the second time in a season. I would then call bulldust, and declare that we tanked

My weakness is Stevens as he may get dropped and he is my highest handicapper so hope he doesn't and would like Murph to bob (pun intended) up for a goal if possible.

What to do Stringydog????

Keep Addison as banker and hope that Dahl has a shocker or Go with Dicko and see if he can repay you.......

No secrets from me....Dahl will be banker again unless he doesn't suit up which is unlikely

Sheesh, this is like the build up to a GF (well I guess that's what it feels like)

Stevens dropped, Murphy backline, Dahlhaus to get more experience playing further up ground and I'm gonna steal Cooney's cold and flu tablets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I made Marko the banker how many would he need to kick for me to win?
Not many Fossie - maybe two. There's only three things wrong with this very cunning plan, Baldric:
  1. He's not in your team
  2. I wasn't born yesterday
  3. He won't be playing in the seniors
Apart from that it was pretty clever thinking.

Not many Fossie - maybe two. There's only three things wrong with this very cunning plan, Baldric:
  1. He's not in your team
  2. I wasn't born yesterday
  3. He won't be playing in the seniors
Apart from that it was pretty clever thinking.
8.jpg

omg... missed that Jones came in

BANKER TO JONES please!
Congrats DD, you now hold the record for the most banker changes in one week (and maybe not finished yet ... what if Jones doesn't make the cut?:eek: )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back