News Pies drop Leading Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying what exactly? Its a model like any other?

Surely youre not implying that they didnt win on talent alone...recruiting, coaching, a bit of luck with father sons and Salary cap advantage....etc etc

When Roos has publicly lauded the program and LT continue to be part of the Swans development program, these facts speak for themselves.
They will be playing in their 3rd GF under Longmire - so as hard as you might try, your mumbo jumbo claim is very hollow.

They have a culture that is the envy of the league and if LT were not making a difference they would have been dumped by now.
Pretty simple really.

All depends if you believe whether leaders are MADE ( eg leadership programs like LT or similar) or BORN.
One thing I think people can forget in the latest "let's all get into a frenzy" mode is that "leadership" doesn't just mean the captain. Or even the leadership group. I suspect it goes a bit further as in leadership behaviour. Where everyone contributes by leading by example. For some it might be lead in training of running, always trying to excel. Someone else might lead in how to get a hard ball etc etc.
Anyway let the frenzy continue....

Nope. I wanted Charlie Sheen as our motivational team-bonding guru. I was overruled by Bucks as usual.. and look how it turned out!
yep, Charlie Sheen has ended up with a life long terrible illness. :eek: Good thing this time you were over ruled by Buckley ;)
:D

Last edited:
The list turnover may actually be EXACTLY the reason it is embedded as those not on board were traded - just as Roos did when using LT at the Swans.

You are kidding yourself if you believe that the fundamentals of ACCOUNTABILITY that LT is trying to build in a team, are not a critical pathway to success.

Frankley its irrelevant if the players hated LT - they probably hate weight session too, but that's not a reason to get rid of them.
Let's never forget Wes Fellowes loved weight training.
And a well positioned mirror

One thing I think people can forget in the latest "let's all get into a frenzy" mode is that "leadership" doesn't just mean the captain. Or even the leadership group. I suspect it goes a bit further as in leadership behaviour. Where everyone contributes by leading by example. For some it might be lead in training of running, always trying to excel. Someone else might lead in how to get a hard ball etc etc.
Anyway let the frenzy continue....

It's like a circle pit at a hardcore concert. A whole lot of thrashing about. Best to keep at least one eye on the band instead.

It's like a circle pit at a hardcore concert. A whole lot of thrashing about. Best to keep at least one eye on the band instead.
This is spinal tap.
They went around in circles trying to find a way out of the building

Hmmmm so LT gets the Swans into GF's.....and here I was just assuming it was Buddy, Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker, Heeney, Mitchell, McVeigh, Rowan....pretty ordinary list...I dunno how "Horse" gets em in the finals?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. I wanted Charlie Sheen as our motivational team-bonding guru. I was overruled by Bucks as usual.. and look how it turned out!

image.jpeg

Firstly lets not assume that ending LT, is an admission of failure.
It may simply be the case that their work is done and that their processes have been embedded.

Its ridiculous to suggest you 'either have the cattle or you don't" - LT is about personal accountability in a team environment as a means to success.

Accountability is the responsibility of ALL CATTLE.

It has been a failure just like Balme.......move on it must be really tiring defending everything the Club does all the time whether good or bad.

It has been a failure just like Balme.......move on it must be teally tiring defending everything the Club does all the time whether good or bad.
No doubt.
Equally it must tiring debasing the club about everything the Club does all the time whether good or bad.

(Note: not directed at you or anyone; just noting the similarity which ever side of the aisle.)

No doubt.
Equally it must tiring debasing the club about everything the Club does all the time whether good or bad.

(Note: not directed at you or anyone; just noting the similarity which ever side of the aisle.)

No doubt I have been negative lately S V but No SPIN has been polar opposite.

I totally understand the reason why Bucks brought it in.......but on what I understand it wasn't implemented correctly and that is why I think it a good thing that it is gone.

By the way I am ok if it was directed at me from you, I have no problem with you calling me out.

Can I just share a story about the Swans/Bloods Culture.

Adam Goodes picked up a first year player at the Club from the airport when he arrived.

I prefer not to name the player but you might figure it out after you read this. Anyway his first game was in the seconds. He was rooming with a bloke called Jesse White. They needed to get to Homebush Stadium two hours before the game. They left home very early but encountered Sydney traffic. They were 30 minutes late. Anyway both boys had a good game but as punishment for being late (even though the seniors won that weekend) all players on the list had to be at Bondi Beach at 6.00am Monday morning.

That to me is discipline and team bonding...........do you think they were late ever again??

By the way that player went on to win a Premiership with the Swans.

I totally understand the reason why Bucks brought it in.......but on what I understand it wasn't implemented correctly and that is why I think it a good thing that it is gone.

By the way I am ok if it was directed at me from you, I have no problem with you calling me out.

Adam Goodes picked up a first year player at the Club from the airport when he arrived.

I prefer not to name the player but you might figure it out after you read this. Anyway his first game was in the seconds. He was rooming with a bloke called Jesse White. They needed to get to Homebush Stadium two hours before the game. They left home very early but encountered Sydney traffic. They were 30 minutes late. Anyway both boys had a good game but as punishment for being late (even though the seniors won that weekend) all players on the list had to be at Bondi Beach at 6.00am Monday morning.

That to me is discipline and team bonding...........do you think they were late ever again??

To me that is harsh, reads like something that would happen in the military.
If I was a team-mate it would be daggers for a very long time.

Funny if it is the player I am thinking of.
The new individual at this club was subjected to LT and kept having complete mental breakdowns.
Turns out that he had a proper mental illness and LT were making his problems worse by subjecting him to honesty sessions in front of all of his peers.
LT are not doctors and were out of place in this example.
(Similar to Harry O when he was at our club)
Long story short. Sydney had to send him to a professional.(psych)
Happy ending in a way.
Remember LT are subjective advisors. Not professional doctors

You're fine.
I like the contrasting opinions. We all want the same thing, success at Collingwood.
No spin makes many great points, you do too, others do.
Most are pretty respectful.
A few posters arnt.
Whilst I'm more on the "side" of no spin the other "side" has the contrast. And we are all meant to be "side by side."
I like your story, team disipline is vital.
Hence it stands to reason if our club demands high standards that too should be adhered too.

I'm not sure our club is as bad as sometimes made out, once we start winning again, whenever that may be, it will be amazing how quickly everyone starts copying us.

Funny if it is the player I am thinking of.
The new individual at this club was subjected to LT and kept having complete mental breakdowns.
Turns out that he had a proper mental illness and LT were making his problems worse by subjecting him to honesty sessions in front of all of his peers.
LT are not doctors and were out of place in this example.
(Similar to Harry O when he was at our club)
Long story short. Sydney had to send him to a professional.(psych)
Happy ending in a way.
Remember LT are subjective advisors. Not professional doctors

No sure we are talking about the same player but it wouldn't surprise me that he would have problems with such a program from what I have heard about his character.

By the way I have no idea about his mental illness.

Like you said happy ending by all and he will be a Premiership player forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back