Pies/GWS pick trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy will be 28 early in the 2022 season. At that age it would not be wise to be shelling out such a high pick.
normally yes I'd agree but this is GC and they have gone to the draft for so long and a player like Grundy would solve their ruck for the next 5-6 years and offer a deal of extra run through the middle. GC have got plenty of high end picked kids on their list and need the experience and quality of player now to trade in to compliment the youth they have. I just think if Grundy could be talked into it, he would be a good player for GC to land

normally yes I'd agree but this is GC and they have gone to the draft for so long and a player like Grundy would solve their ruck for the next 5-6 years and offer a deal of extra run through the middle. GC have got plenty of high end picked kids on their list and need the experience and quality of player now to trade in to compliment the youth they have. I just think if Grundy could be talked into it, he would be a good player for GC to land

Even 5 years would be generous. Plus Gold Coast don't necessarily need to go to the draft. They could pick up a very talented 24 year old player with pick 5 if they are willing to part with said pick.

It's seriously beyond belief
The media doesn't want to upset the (large) pies fan base so goes easy on them.
We had a focus on Buckley's "classy" final press conference.
Now we've moved on to the new coach discussion .
But the list management is utterly mind blowing.
Giving away Treloar and Stepho for nothing.
Stepho will play another ten years for North
Then giving away a top 3 pick for NO REASON blows my mind.
They could have pick 1 or 2 AND Daicos.
It's disgraceful
Buckley/Eddie and whoever else was there should be utterly shamed.

Last edited:
We had a focus on Buckley's "classy" fi Al press conference.
Then giving away a top 3 pick for NO REASON blow my mind.
It's disgraceful
The media did go over the trade and draft period back when it happened, with plenty saying at the time it was the worst trade period many can remember.

Unsurprisingly everyone in any major role - footy boss, list manager, coach, president - are all gone.

It ain't news that anybody who traded with us last year made out like bandits.

Long term, our future will be depend on the crop of kids we selected this year - Henry, Reef, Poulter, Macrae, McMahon - 5 top 30 picks

And based on form this year, it wouldn't surprise if the Pies come out and beat WC this week and jump up to 14th anyway and then the whole premise of the thread doesn't matter anyway.

The media did go over the trade and draft period back when it happened, with plenty saying at the time it was the worst trade period many can remember.

Unsurprisingly everyone in any major role - footy boss, list manager, coach, president - are all gone.

It ain't news that anybody who traded with us last year made out like bandits.

Long term, our future will be depend on the crop of kids we selected this year - Henry, Reef, Poulter, Macrae, McMahon - 5 top 30 picks

And based on form this year, it wouldn't surprise if the Pies come out and beat WC this week and jump up to 14th anyway and then the whole premise of the thread doesn't matter anyway.

But several of those not gone because of the trade period but other factors. Honestly Buckley should have been sacked for his treatment of Treloar. He showed himself to be a sociopath with those actions.

There was still a bit of a wink wink nudge nudge initially that Stepho and Treloar were no good.

It's propaganda. It's crazy. It's trying to discredit two people they get rid of. It's cult like. It's very poor form.

Both are very good and walk into Pies best 22 and both seem very professional. More choir boy than trouble makers.

Last edited:
There was still a bit of a wink wink nudge nudge initially that Stepho and Treloar were no good.

It's propaganda. It's crazy. It's trying to discredit two people they get rid of. It's cult like. It's very poor form.
This was all covered by the media last November when the fire sale occurred.

It was a balls up and was correctly reported as such.

And lol if you think the media doesn't love a Collingwood pile on!! The only thing better than a positive Pies article is when their is a Collingwood scandal.

Why the feck do you expect the media to continue to focus on old news??

We ****ed up our cap, we had to tip out some quality, handled it horribly and we are picking up the pieces and dealing with s**t off and on field as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth be told I am not even sure what Collingwood got out of this deal. Even in bad deals you sort of see where the other club is coming from, where they at the time thought they would benefit from the trade. I don't get that with this one, I don't see what Collingwood thought they would get out of this trade.
Having botched trade period sooooo badly, they thought they could save face by drafting a heap of players in the 20s and 30s who the Pies said were all top 20 on their draft board.

Those 2020 draftees had better turn out very good or these two off seasons will become the stuff of infamy. Really hope they do finish last, just for the laughs!

Having botched trade period sooooo badly, they thought they could save face by drafting a heap of players in the 20s and 30s who the Pies said were all top 20 on their draft board.

Those 2020 draftees had better turn out very good or these two off seasons will become the stuff of infamy. Really hope they do finish last, just for the laughs!
The propaganda at the time was that Henry, Poulter, Macrae and McInnes were the greatest 4 young players ever assembled.
Just embarrassing stuff.

We had a focus on Buckley's "classy" final press conference.
Then giving away a top 3 pick for NO REASON blows my mind.
It's disgraceful

I love it. This just makes me smile. If my club did it I would be furious. But it's not so schadenfreude

I feel a bit dirty. But still it's a nice dirty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back