Game Day Pies vs Dogs AKA the Travis Cloke Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve really really liked Bruce’s work up the ground too, been quite impressive. Both Naughty and him looked much more comfortable together. They didn’t get into each other’s way, usually had one working up the ground and one deeper.

Still lacked that one deepest forward. Too many times Bruce and Naughty were up the ground and we then had no one deep.

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game - I didn't post these last season, so if you haven't seen these before, these are a summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids (inside + wings) at bounces.

Overall Summary - 20 Bounces

Macrae 16
Liberatore 15
B.Smith 14 wing
Bontempelli 14
Dunkley 13
Lipinski 12 wing
Treloar 8 (6w, 2i)
Hunter 6 wing
Williams 1 wing
Vandermeer 1 wing

Rucks

Martin 16
English 4

Centre Clearances (11-8)

Martin 3
Bont 2
Libba 2
Treloar 2
English 1
Macrae 1

By Quarter - Q1

B.Smith 5 wing
Bont 5
Macrae 4
Libba 3
Dunkley 3
Lipinski 3 wing
Treloar 2 wing

Q2

Macrae 6
B.Smith 6 wing
Libba 4
Bont 4
Dunkley 4
Treloar 4 wing
Lipinski 2 wing

Q3

Libba 5
Macrae 3
B.Smith 3 wing
Lipinski 3 wing
Dunkley 3
Bont 2
Treloar 2
Hunter 2 wing
Williams 1 wing
Vandermeer 1 wing

Q4

Lipinski 4 wing
Hunter 4 wing
Macrae 3
Libba 3
Bont 3
Dunkley 3

Anonymous. But good enough for a debutant.
It was and we're clearly desperate for a small lockdown defender but... He's still got a lot of work to do. Duryea is the blueprint but he is nowhere near as good overhead yet nor sure he offer rebound, although some of that is composure.

I'd get Wood back there next week. I think one of Scott or Mcneill go out next week, although the harsh (but potentially correct) call would be Wallis. With English forward as well as Bruce and Naughton he just doesn't really have a role anymore which is tough as I love his loyalty and willingness to sacrifice his game.

Found this posted by Oliver Gigacz on twitter so credit to him for this stat:

Josh Dunkley had 5 smothers on Friday night the equal second-most on record.

Recorded since 2002 the overall record is 6.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The besmirching of JJs ability and heart is bordering on racist. He's a gun and was sorely needed last night. Hope he finds fitness and form quickly.

Those laying into Bruce are genuinely perplexing me. He took 11 marks and had 15 touches. He kicks straight he'd also have had 3 goals.
JJ will be back at some point I’m sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back