Game Day Pies vs Dogs AKA the Travis Cloke Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was literally a perfect day for dogs fans. Jamarra kicked his first bag of goals in the VFL. And our senior boys beat a very good pies team. It wasn’t pretty, but what a way to start season 2021.

I can’t believe how important the Martin signing has been . We need to remember he’s 35 this year. Is it off the cards to think that every 4 weeks we give him a week off to rest and keep himself fresh when we play against a team without a dominant ruck? I realise he’s made of granite and looks after himself really well but I think we need to take the long term approach.

It was bloody good to see Williams, Lipinksi and Dale take the next step in their development. If we are to become a serious contender, it’s the growth in these types of players that will push us into the next level. I thought Lipinksi and Williams in particular were fantastic last night. That’s a massive win for the footy club.

In regards to Jamarra, it’s fantastic we are in a position where we can continue to play him in the VFL and develop him from there. Bevo saidlast night he was super impressed but there’s no reason to throw him to the wolves. Particularly against a physical defensive unit like McGovern and Barrass.There’s no need for it. Let him build his tank and continue to build his confidence. He has played 3 games in 18 months now. Riley Thilthorpe and Granger-Barrass haven’t even been picked for a mediocre Adelaide and Hawthorn to start the year. And they played senior WAFL and SANFL footy for all of last year.
Martin said he was cooked by three quarter time ☺️

At the game there were two clear issues that prevented the team from scoring. Not being aggressive enough with the ball through the middle of the ground which allowed Collingwood time to set up. Along with poor decision making going inside 50 more so than skill errors. The forward 50 setup I thought was better last night than against Melbourne and the issues were primarily up the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

might have been the spray I gave him at the WO back in the day

he really does hate us. The whole pre season game he would not shut up about what Melbourne were doing wrong. And people have a go at Stevo for his Doggies bias

Not sure. Did one of our players steal Billy Brownless's wife off him...? 😉

Is Gardner a former premiership player and Norm Smith medalist?
Has Gardner reliably finished top ten in our best and fairest in all but one of the last six years?
Seriously? No other player in our side with his resume gets as much hate. I'm starting to wonder why.

Well, there is a reason Bevo isn't picking him. Maybe Bevo is racist?

Treloar usually gets 30 possessions a game and was well down at 18 last night. I’m guessing the occasion was a bit much for him and we’ll see the real Adz in the coming weeks

Treloar was poor last night. Will be much better for the run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen Josh Schache and Bailey Dale both called pea hearts, implied they're scared/cowards etc on this board. Do they have some sort of POC background I'm unaware of?

I've seen Josh Schache and Bailey Dale both called pea hearts, implied they're scared/cowards etc on this board. Do they have some sort of POC background I'm unaware of?

Bresker literally just made a thread to discuss the over-the-top criticism about many of our players. There's no doubt that it's a problem on this board. I also think there's a fair bit of toxic maculinity in some of the comments about putting players in boxing matches to harden them up etc.
But you'd have to be pretty woke to try to turn it into a race thing...

Dale uses the ball so well. Part of that is he is using it in space, but also he is a magnificent kick, and at speed. Plus he is able to make space for himself pretty well. Would be great if he could consolidate a position.

Takes a good grab as well. He's got all the attributes to nail down a spot.

Bresker literally just made a thread to discuss the over-the-top criticism about many of our players. There's no doubt that it's a problem on this board. I also think there's a fair bit of toxic maculinity in some of the comments about putting players in boxing matches to harden them up etc.
But you'd have to be pretty woke to try to turn it into a race thing...

Yeah, don't disagree.

Should add I was a fan of Lipinski’s game. I’ve always liked him but his tackling sucked, which was apparently the feedback he was given last year when dropped.

Was obvious he had bulked up a bit from preseason footage. Looks much more like an AFL footballer now. Super quick hands and he looked on edge.

At the game there were two clear issues that prevented the team from scoring. Not being aggressive enough with the ball through the middle of the ground which allowed Collingwood time to set up. Along with poor decision making going inside 50 more so than skill errors. The forward 50 setup I thought was better last night than against Melbourne and the issues were primarily up the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
With the new man on the mark rule, I wonder if more focus will be put on finding a target on the 50m arc rather than deeper inside 50 for a shot at goal. The player taking the set shot can start to run around to gain a few meters and kick more or less on the run. Might be another way of countering a deep flood like Collingwood employed last night in addition to moving the ball faster which always helps.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back