Prediction Player Claim 2018: Ben Reid - limbs are temporary, class is permanent

Is it manly for men to cry when they watch a romcom with their main squeeze

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys, Ben Reid re-signed All-Australian Premiership Hero here!

I was worried when Dekka was demoted as list manager. Even though he carried his laptop around it was just for playing Angry Birds. Dekka was great at negotiations. He'd turn to Matt Rendell and say, 'Can we afford to pay him that Matty?' Rendell would close one eye and stare upwards and after an interminable pause say, 'think so Dekka, think so.'

Ned Guy freaked everyone out when he joined. First of all the club had to purchase Excel so all player salaries went into a spreadsheet. Perty had a private spreadsheet dedicated to how much drugs he thought each player took but the club's finances were all done on Ed's whiteboard. Ned also had an RMIT maths professor come in and teach percentages to the the football department.

So the WAG and I re-read Malhotra and Bazerman's 'Negotiation Genius' in preparation for my meeting with Ned. I wasn't worried. Sydney had offered me 3 years and GWS offered me 2 years and a coaching gig at the end (100k bonus if I could get Heater to STFU). Needn't have worried. Alongside Ned was Walshy with a bunch of flowers for my WAG and one of those giant cheques they give you when you win a golf tournament (imagine trying to stuff that f*cker in the ATM deposit slot). The club wanted me for 3 years but I insisted on one - am thinking about studying existentialism at the Sorbonne in 2020.

So just in case you missed Ned's presser, cop this:

“Ben has a role to play in the team that everyone — teammates and coaching staff in particular — recognises. His game sense and forward craft help the attack tick,” and “He also has experience to pass on to the likes of Jaidyn, who is starting out on his football journey."

Pretty clear who Ned identifies as Captain of the Forward Line.

Go Collingwood and watch us smash the Doggies on Friday night!

Well played Ben.......well played. (Very entertaining Walt)

giphy.gif

The best in season thread.

We’re so lucky Ben joined our boards and not that no good campaigner brother of his, Sam.

(Any avatar update there Walt?)

WalterBlaknWhte you must never leave us again.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Hi Guys, Ben Reid re-signed All-Australian Premiership Hero here!

I was worried when Dekka was demoted as list manager. Even though he carried his laptop around it was just for playing Angry Birds. Dekka was great at negotiations. He'd turn to Matt Rendell and say, 'Can we afford to pay him that Matty?' Rendell would close one eye and stare upwards and after an interminable pause say, 'think so Dekka, think so.'

Ned Guy freaked everyone out when he joined. First of all the club had to purchase Excel so all player salaries went into a spreadsheet. Perty had a private spreadsheet dedicated to how much drugs he thought each player took but the club's finances were all done on Ed's whiteboard. Ned also had an RMIT maths professor come in and teach percentages to the the football department.

So the WAG and I re-read Malhotra and Bazerman's 'Negotiation Genius' in preparation for my meeting with Ned. I wasn't worried. Sydney had offered me 3 years and GWS offered me 2 years and a coaching gig at the end (100k bonus if I could get Heater to STFU). Needn't have worried. Alongside Ned was Walshy with a bunch of flowers for my WAG and one of those giant cheques they give you when you win a golf tournament (imagine trying to stuff that f*cker in the ATM deposit slot). The club wanted me for 3 years but I insisted on one - am thinking about studying existentialism at the Sorbonne in 2020.

So just in case you missed Ned's presser, cop this:

“Ben has a role to play in the team that everyone — teammates and coaching staff in particular — recognises. His game sense and forward craft help the attack tick,” and “He also has experience to pass on to the likes of Jaidyn, who is starting out on his football journey."

Pretty clear who Ned identifies as Captain of the Forward Line.

Go Collingwood and watch us smash the Doggies on Friday night!

Welcome back Ben Reid re-signed All-Australian Premiership Hero.

Reid 1.gif

Looking good Ben.
I’m adjusting to ‘upside down hairdo’ - slowly!!! :D
Looks older but.

He’s aged.

But like Walt and a good wine, aged well.

What will come first?

Ben playing ten games in a row

OR?

Walt getting an avatar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys, Ben Reid All-Australian Premiership Hero here,

Lesser men would have been broken by the run of injuries I have had in my career. Daniel Chick sent me a text today saying if he was me he would have both legs amputated. Many of you PM me and ask how I remain such a beacon of resilience? Well, apart from being a student of Marcus Aurelius, I'm a devotee of positive psychology. And one of the things I maintain is a gratitude diary. Today's entries:

* I have a rig carved by Michelangelo

* My smoking hot WAG made me a coffee mug at TAFE (it leaks so I drink over the sink)

* I am the most talented sportsperson in my family

* The Dominator isn't my father

* JDG disinfected the spa

* My whingeing neighbour who hated hard core techno at 2am has moved to assisted care living

Thanks for all your good wishes. Don't forget to send them to Aisho, Broomy, and Goldy - those poor fellas don't have half my talent.

Go Collingwood and watch us smash Freo on Sunday!

Lesser men would have been broken by the run of injuries I have had in my career. Daniel Chick sent me a text today saying if he was me he would have both legs amputated. Many of you PM me and ask how I remain such a beacon of resilience? Well, apart from being a student of Marcus Aurelius, I'm a devotee of positive psychology. And one of the things I maintain is a gratitude diary. Today's entries:

* My smoking hot WAG made me a coffee mug at TAFE (it leaks so I drink over the sink)

* My whingeing neighbour who hated hard core techno at 2am has moved to assisted care living

Thanks for all your good wishes. Don't forget to send them to Aisho, Broomy, and Goldy - those poor fellas don't have half my talent.

So you are the reason they are all injured. Followed your advice, mmmm
Just did not want to be alone in rehab. Where cursed.

And one of the things I maintain is a gratitude diary. Today's entries:

!
Now I know what’s causing all these injuries.

Being carved by Michelangelo all those years ago, the marble is obviously turning to dust.
He is probably is using that cheap stuff not the good marble Pope Julius II gave him.

(I should add David was completed circa 1501 - 1504 and Popes Alexander VI and one if shortest ever reigned Popes being Pius III did reign pre Julius II in the time of David work.
But Julius II commissioned great art including the Sistine Chapel.)

Last edited:

I don’t know if you know Ben but Chicky is quite good with a GoFundMe page. You don’t need it but it might be an idea to set one up for Aisho or Goldy if you still have him on the line.

Dearest Ben,

You always lighten my day.

Thank-you for being you.

*Thursday night (wish it was Friday) hugs.

Another thing to add to your diary:

* my shaved head hides my bald spot

P.S. Say hello to Bruce for me
You really want Sam :D

Marks offspring.

My bad, no you don’t.
Nobody wants a McClure :eek:

Hi Guys, Ben Reid All-Australian, Premiership Hero, Mentor to Jordy, Philosopher, Angel Investor, Interpretive Dancer, and Tantric Lover here!

I am back!

Will kick 3.1 and provide our munchkins with enough space to kick another 15.

No time for haters, doubters, or the NBN guy who had a leopard skin g-banger visible above his Hard Yakkas on Tuesday (no judgment it's just that he was 4 hours late).

Go Collingwood!

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Ben Reid All-Australian, Premiership Hero, Mentor to Jordy, Philosopher, Angel Investor, Interpretive Dancer, and Tantric Lover here!

I am back!

No time for haters, doubters, or the NBN guy who had a leopard skin g-banger visible above his Hard Yakkas on Tuesday.

Go Collingwood!

Love your work Ben.........7 goals 1 and 43 hitouts.......make it happen.

I am back!

No time for haters, doubters, or the NBN guy who had a leopard skin g-banger visible above his Hard Yakkas on Tuesday (no judgment it's just that he was 4 hours late).

Go Collingwood!
Just a cheap “like” seeker.

Back