Players under 24 to have a breakout season.

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't think liam will have a break out year as he will have a fe senior mids above him but i expect him to consistently churn out more games like he did in 2015 that won us fans over. Dom Sheed is the one i rekon could really break out, while jack redden could return to his best form.

Charlie curnow and Blaine boekhurst.

Charlie is full of potential. First fuller season, elite runner who plays forward midfield who should get a lot more time around the ball this year. He probably des himself on his running ability just like his brother.

A controversial player even amongst Carlton people, boekhurst has the tools to pair up with Cripps on the outside very well. Excellent kick with a lot of outside speed. Another preseason, third year, mature player who will be expected to play bigger midfield minutes with our lack of depth through there. He's also on his last contractual leg, if he gets 18-20 games up in 2017 he keeps his Afl gig. If he spends the year fluffing about at VFL or injured then it's curtains.

Despite recent driving issues I think J. Impey will have a ripping year.
Also D. Byrne-Jones, J. Hombsch and expecting good things from L. Austin (all injuries pending).

Wines and Wingard are both guns already but I'm thinking they'll both go to the next level in 2017.

As for slightly older farts, I expect J. Polec and H. Hartlett to have their best seasons thus far.

Jack ( Im as good as the bont) Billings. Paddy ( Glass jaw Mc Cartin). Blake (Brownlow) Acres. All three will be all Australian. St Kilda will win the flag,anything is possible after what the dogs done. Finally St.Kilda fans will get to watch a replay of the GF that is in colour and not Black and White. Ha Ha.

0t7zX6Q.png

This isn't based on any real stat other than hope and bias, but I have a feeling Oleg Markov will surprise a few next season.

I really liked what I saw from Markov this year, always seemed to be on the move and taking the game on rather than taking the conservative options that a few of his teammates around him seemed to favour. Just outside perception but he's probably my favourite young player on your list (along with Rioli).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For us? I'm banking on Charlie Cameron to elevate his disposal count to 18-20 a game. Has the tools to be one of the most damaging wingmen in the league. Also reckon Rory Atkins will start to have a dominant, consistent impact off a wing and get 25 disposals a game (maybe even more), and that Wayne Milera will make his presence more felt.

For other clubs, I reckon a couple of 2015 draftees will have the two biggest breakout years - Clayton Oliver and Callum Ah Chee. Oliver I reckon will really start to dominate in the guts, and I reckon Ah Chee could well have a Wingard-like second year. Also expect Blake Acres, Darcy Moore, Brayden Fiorini and Connor Blakely to go to the next level.

JONORAWK needs a consistent year and there's some positive stuff coming out of the club about him going up a level, so I have my fingers crossed for the kid.

We've got a blond haired forward with great talent named Stone Carpenter that is going to take the league by storm this coming season.

We've got a blond haired forward with great talent named Stone Carpenter that is going to take the league by storm this coming season.

Sounds better than that Mason Wood s**t truck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back