Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that 702 claims out of 60% of the Swedish population?
The probability of developing narcolepsy was determined to be nine times higher in those who received the Pandemrix vaccination than those who didn't. A total of 152 cases of narcolepsy have been found in Finland during 2009–2010, and ninety percent of them had received the Pandemrix vaccination. Authorities believe that the number of cases may still increase.

There were multiple legal cases by individuals who attributed medical conditions to the Pandemrix vaccination. Including the case of Katie Clack, a nurse who committed suicide after developing narcolepsy after receiving a vaccination. Clack was required to be vaccinated against her wishes in order to continue her job as a nurse.
Sound familiar? All we hear is OMG Vaccine conspiracy theorists are crazy shutup and take the vaccine to protect yourself and others - yet the reality says otherwise. This whole s**t show has the makings to be even worse than the Pandemrix debacle considering its new technology and not tested on any sort of lengthy timeline or group of people. What a great idea to vaccinate children and young adults against something that was extremely unlikely to cause any damage or result and death and instead lets give them narcolepsy - well done.

Not many people I’ve seen or heard of have said anything remotely like “just shut up and take the vaccine”. A healthy level of skepticism and consideration about the potential impacts and side effects is a good thing and this vaccine is coming out very quickly (for good reason). Having said that there are always going to be people that ignore the advice of epidemiologists and other experts to support their already held views. I read the same article about the narcolepsy side effects of the swine vaccine and found it pretty concerning but I’m also aware that they will have learned from that.

don't some companies already pressure their employees to get flu shots?
Its 'recommended' - also people who work or travel internationally won't have a choice it seems... Little man Alan seems to think he dictates what people should be injected with. "Sorry miss - your 2 year old child doesn't have COVID vaccine - no holidays overseas" when the chance of the child getting sick or dying from covid is like 1 in a million or close to 0%.. Makes complete sense to inject them with modified DNA that we have NO idea how it will effect them now or 10-20 years down the line or their offspring either. Yep well done - remember its always about everyone else... That old chestnut - yet when you say OK those who are worried can get vaccinated - oh no that doesn't give them full immunity so you still have to get vaccinated to protect others.. lol clown world

If they can force people to get vaccinated then they can force those who are worried or paranoid to wear bags on their heads when in public. Let those who want to live their life with the risk of catching it make that choice - and force those who are scared or at risk get vaccinated, wear 5 masks and put a rubbish bin on their head so they are extra safe.

I trust science more than not. The flu shot changes every year and I still get that. But yeah, if we’re held at ransom to get it to travel I’d be against it. That said, my parents are pushing their 70s and I won’t stay away from my homeland forever.
Are you basically saying “I’ll get the covid vaccine unless I’m told I have to get the covid vaccine to travel internationally”?

Are you basically saying “I’ll get the covid vaccine unless I’m told I have to get the covid vaccine to travel internationally”?

Haha. I had just woken up and didn’t word that well. I’ll get it. I don’t think travel should be totally dependent on it though.

Well QANTAS has already made their stance clear so you might as well get used to it.

They are just one airline. Haven’t flown them in 15 years or so anyway. I could fly to Hawaii now with just a negative test. I think Japan are doing something similar. Rapid testing would allow the travel industry to get on their feet quicker than relying on vaccinations.

Remember guys - when someone dies its always COVID however when someone gets a COVID vaccine and has a severe adverse reaction its always a pre-existing condition and nothing to do with the vaccine lol... clown world

Chennai, Nov 28 (IANS) A city-based 40-year-old business consultant, who was a volunteer for the Covidshield vaccine that is under development at the Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII), has sought Rs 5 crore compensation for the neurological complications he developed after being administered the test dose, said an advocate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A healthy level of skepticism and consideration about the potential impacts and side effects is a good thing

What constitutes a 'healthy level' of skepticism about the vaccine, in your opinion?

Basically just 'look I don't trust Bill Gates and multi billion dollar pharma companies but I'll get the vaccine for the greater good'?

That's 'healthy skepticism' in your books?

What constitutes a 'healthy level' of skepticism about the vaccine, in your opinion?

Basically just 'look I don't trust Bill Gates and multi billion dollar pharma companies but I'll get the vaccine for the greater good'?

That's 'healthy skepticism' in your books?

Personally, has it been trialled, have those trials been successful with minimal adverse side effects. What someones individual threshold is is entirely up to them but you wear the connections and repurcussions of those choices. Im apologise to Xtreme here as our convo is already done and dusted, but my point was "if your threshold for getting the vaccine is no side effects beyond headaches then you are extremely unlikely to be willing to get any vaccine ever" and if thats the case, then you are, really, an anti vaxxer.

They are just one airline. Haven’t flown them in 15 years or so anyway. I could fly to Hawaii now with just a negative test. I think Japan are doing something similar. Rapid testing would allow the travel industry to get on their feet quicker than relying on vaccinations.
I would think that most of the big cartel of airlines will look at making it mandatory.
Still a lot to play out before then though

Personally, has it been trialled, have those trials been successful with minimal adverse side effects. What someones individual threshold is is entirely up to them but you wear the connections and repurcussions of those choices. Im apologise to Xtreme here as our convo is already done and dusted, but my point was "if your threshold for getting the vaccine is no side effects beyond headaches then you are extremely unlikely to be willing to get any vaccine ever" and if thats the case, then you are, really, an anti vaxxer.

I'm likely to never get the covid vaccine simply because the long term effects are unknown and imo much more riskier than not getting the vaccine and possibly contracting covid itself. They need years of testing, not to rush it out in months because of the urgency that a pandemic brings.

Sure side effects that could jeopardise your long term health may be an acceptable consequence for you and most people. It's not ok for me.

This vaccine has a rushed vibe to it for me, I wont be taking it and I'm in a risk category, I'd rather take the chance that my immune system will do what it evolved to do.

Back