AFLW Port Adelaide AFLW (Team to enter in 2022 season)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're going to modify our branding at all...

Just go in as the Port Adelaide Pirates. Then we can change the men's team branding to come in line with the more engaging women's team branding after a few seasons. Everybody wins.

Moving away from teal for the AFLW team is a no brainer IMO.

It is the perfect answer to the "Port are teal now deal with it" knobs.

Use magenta and have the only 2 colours common across all our teams as black and white.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
From Power Of Optimism:

PJ3U8vM.png

The Magentas would look awesome!

Are you only incorporating magenta because it's the women's team? I understand the colour is heritage, but just because it's a women's team, doesn't mean we need a full magenta kit. Hard pass
No. I’m suggesting moving away from teal and silver to strength black and white as our main colours.

I picked magenta and blue due their historic connections. There is no need to bring colours that are unrelated to the club.

The nickname “Magentas” would reinforce such a link with the club’s past. It would also allow the team to be known as “Maggies” — another historic connection.

The magenta [away] jumper, I brought it precisely because it is not new. We have already played in both magenta and pink.

It is a jumper I think the Power should have as well — if not only for training or preseason. I have no clue why our AFLW couldn’t have it.

The club could launch both together, even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be crazy to think the women's side is going to come in with anything different than what is already worn at AFL level.

Like we need any further help muddying the waters regarding identity.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
As if it wouldn’t make our identity actually stronger...

Unless, of course, you want to take the full Power-teal route alongside with Cardone and McGuire. I love the Power and I am a member of the Teal Party, but that’s not something I would like to do.

There’s a limit.

As if it wouldn’t make our identity actually stronger...

Unless, of course, you want to take the full Power-teal route alongside with Cardone and McGuire. I love the Power and I am a member of the Teal Party, but that’s not something I would like to do.

There’s a limit.

Why is that our only option? We wear what we wear in the men's side. Its really simple. Why the women should be any different is beyond me.

I would absolutely have our women's team wearing the exact same guernsey design as our mens team.

IMO, the addition of 'pink' to denote a women's team is contrary to the spirit of why the women's league was created in the first place.

Last edited:
I also reckon we should go with the exact designs throughout the club - which will include losing the bars if and when we Jon the national reserves competition in the near future.

BUT, if we were looking to differentiate the AFLW guernsey whilst still being able to identify it immediately as a PAFC design - I would love to see a BiB with the teal replaced with magenta.
I generally disagree with the whole “pink is for girls” mentality, but in this instance I think it would be a great addition to our jumper family!

Black and pink prison bars is a hard no vote for me!

Last edited:
I also reckon we should go with the exact designs throughout the club - which will include losing the bars if and when we Jon the national reserves competition in the near future.

BUT, if we were looking to differentiate the AFLW guernsey whilst still being able to identify it immediately as a PAFC design - I would love to see a BiB with the teal replaced with magenta.
I generally disagree with the whole “pink is for girls” mentality, but in this instance I think it would be a great addition to our jumper family!

This exactly why we shouldn't do it. The only compromise I would consider (big MAYBE) is black and teal PBs. Just to see how it looks and what level of acceptance it gets.

Me MUST use black, white and 1-2 tertiary colours.

Anything else is a massive mistake and a massive blow to the prison bars campaign.

We need black and white to be the ONLY common colours across all our teams (I dont even want Silver to be reused, it would look good but from a black and white campaign perspective its a fail).

Magenta seems to be the one of our already used colours that is least likely to clash and would look great IMO.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would absolutely have our women's team wearing the exact same guernsey design as our mens team.

IMO, the addition of 'pink' to denote a women's team is contrary to the spirit of why the women's league was created in the first place.
Could we stop with the strawman argument? It gets tiresome after the tenth time.

Why is that our only option? We wear what we wear in the men's side. Its really simple. Why the women should be any different is beyond me.

Simple can be wrong. Something isn’t necessarily right or good just because it is simple.

Our reserves don’t need to be distinct either. And yet, they are. Even after the One Club, Port Adelaide SANFL’s team has its own nickname, colours, and song.

Why our AFLW team should be any different is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back