AFLW Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - Round 9 @ Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

Get stabbed?
Nah, but was in some rather dicey situations. Luckily I was young and fit at the time (1970's) and always with a group of similar blokes when out and about. Looking back I was pretty naive as it was my first time as an adult in a capital city other than Adelaide.

Nah, but was in some rather dicey situations. Luckily I was young and fit at the time (1970's) and always with a group of similar blokes when out and about. Looking back I was pretty naive as it was my first time as an adult in a capital city other than Adelaide.
I was similar with the naive bit, in 1968 a mate and myself decided at very short notice to drive to Melbourne for Easter.

We were out and about on the Sunday night and at around 9 ish when we got a bit hungry I pulled up near a takeaway type place of the era in a side street in Richmond.

There were 4 young blokes playing pinball inside, and my mate who pumped iron 3 or 4 times a week, was solidly built and much more street wise than me said **** that we are not going in there.
I said something along the lines of what's the problem ignored his advice and wandered into the shop, the 4 blokes were so engrossed in their pin ball games they took virtually no notice of me and I bought the stuff we wanted and left.

I dined out on that one with him for a while, but on subsequent visits in the early 70's we too had a few dicey moments and I realised then that I probably got very lucky that first time.

You're not supposed to welcome criticism Lauren, you're supposed to get all defensive and then call people up and tell them not to criticise you.
Needs to hire Eddie Cornes as a coach to end all criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back