AFLW Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - Round 9 @ Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

Half our side is basically this

200.gif

Tuned in to another pathetic bed shitting in the last quarter. God this team sucks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the selection is unbelievable. Boag last week had 3 possessions for the entire game and 0 tackles and retained her spot. Levicki in minimal game time as a backup ruck had 11 hitouts, 5 clearances and 7 possesions and was dropped. Then Ewings is bought in and clearly still overweight. What message is that sending to the players. Coach is without a plan or standards.

This may be way out of line but when your coach has a wedding during the season, you have to wonder where her mindset is at.

I can't think of a time when a coach or player in the men's game has done that during the season. Again, maybe way out of line, I don't know...

Literally everything that is said about the men’s coach is out of line but that doesn’t seem to bother anyone. Not sure why we need to tip toe around the women’s coach.

This may be way out of line but when your coach has a wedding during the season, you have to wonder where her mindset is at.

I can't think of a time when a coach or player in the men's game has done that during the season. Again, maybe way out of line, I don't know...

Been on the IVF since before she was appointed too.

Literally everything that is said about the men’s coach is out of line but that doesn’t seem to bother anyone. Not sure why we need to tip toe around the women’s coach.

To be fair, in the AFL we have endured 11 years of failure, now extended to 13, with several list overhauls. The coach deserves to be scrutinised.

Our AFLW team was cobbled together last year, and we are very much the second string to the other SA team who have been dominant from the outset. Sure, there are things the coach can and should address but I think it's too early to call time.

We were in trouble at 3/4 time, a few points up with the opposition to come home with the wind. These girls just do not understand what it takes to win and the failure to get the message across rests with the Coach.

I see girls out there who have no idea how to approach getting the ball and they are not getting any better. Anyone who has coached a schoolboys side will know all about the need to get the basics right. to do that you have to focus on skill levels.

If we look at most of the top sides in the AFLW competition they have experienced AFL footballers at the helm not learners like Lauren Arnell. Any coach with a 2.5 to 16 win/ loss ratio should be at risk of losing his or her job.

Next week against GWS at home has to be a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back