AFLW Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to admit to only watching the Power v tingles AFLW game very briefly and I assume this may have already been mentioned in the game thread, but the back of the Port guernsey looks like it could have been designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad.

I can understand the need for a difference from the jumpers used in the men's comp, but a contrasting number panel would have to look better than that very bland white numbers on a light blue background.

I have to admit to only watching the Power v tingles AFLW game very briefly and I assume this may have already been mentioned in the game thread, but the back of the Port guernsey looks like it could have been designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad.

I can understand the need for a difference from the jumpers used in the men's comp, but a contrasting number panel would have to look better than that very bland white numbers on a light blue background.
Screenshot_2023-09-03-19-36-57-42_06f55460662fbd2a0e57859aeb4099f0.jpg
Um like this contrasting number panel?

View attachment 1793301
Um like this contrasting number panel?
I could say I'm glad someone spotted my deliberate error ;), but even though I only watched very briefly I have to admit I must have had a senior's moment and somehow missed the `contrasting panel,' and the black numbers as well, but I did lose interest very quickly and flicked channels after no more than a minute or two and then just checked the scores occasionally.

That aside I'm staying with the `designed by a member of the sturt cheer squad' bit, but I will add they must still be going to primary school as that design is in my opinion absolutely dreadful, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks the same, but someone had to put it out there and take the heat.

IN: S Syme
OUT: O Levicki

Round 2 Team Selection

B: A Borg 21, C Hammond 28
HB: M MacLachlan 16, H Dunn 24, J Cuthbertson 25
C: A Foley 3, E Phillips 1-C, E Boag 17
HF: J Mules 14, A Saint 8, G Houghton 27
F: J Teakle 15, H Ewings 12
Foll: M Scholz 29, A Dowrick 5, J Stewart 13
I/C: E O’Dea 2, Y Duursma 7, I Tahau 10, A Ballard 19, S Syme 20

Emergencies: M Keryk 26, J Simmons 32, K Pope 44

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: S.Syme
Out: O.Levicki (omitted)

Brisbane got done by Richmond last week who got utterly belted by the Crows last night, could we be a sneaky chance here, or will Brisbane have a point to prove?

Our pre-season form looks good and our draw opens up after this one, but it would be good to put up a good fight here and set up a day of wins against Brisbane.

Last edited:
Like last week, there will be times when we’re dominating possessions and i50s. We need to put it on the scoreboard at these times.

Is this why Ewings is named at FF?

Lol at Hammond scared of the ball.

Lots of early chasing, but leaving outside players loose. Far too many trying to win it at the coal face.

*in Dowrick wins the centre clearance free, goes sideways and backwards. Biggest kick in the teams and wasting it like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back