1697361400523.png
F8iLScHbkAABai4

Last edited:
  • We’ll play well
  • We’ll have one or two very good quarters
  • We’ll miss lots of shots on goals again
  • We’ll make lots of costly errors
  • We’ll get reamed by the umpires

I’m eyeing off Hawthorn and GWS off as potential wins but a competitive effort here first would be nice.

• We’ll play well
  • We’ll have one or two very good quarters
  • We’ll miss lots of shots on goals again
  • We’ll make lots of costly errors
  • We’ll get reamed by the umpires

I’m eyeing off Hawthorn and GWS off as potential wins but a competitive effort here first would be nice.

I think we lose all of them unfortunately.

OUT: Alex Ballard (omitted)
IN: Olivia Levicki

Not sure it was the right decision to omit Ballard, especially with Janelle Cuthbertson out for the season, and Levicki is hardly like for like.

Backline is going to be in for a very tough day.

Would that be the first spoon at senior level for the club ever?
In the SANFL we won the spoon in 1886 (4 team league), 1896 (5 team league) and 1900 (6 team league).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Alex Ballard (omitted)
IN: Olivia Levicki

Not sure it was the right decision to omit Ballard, especially with Janelle Cuthbertson out for the season, and Levicki is hardly like for like.

Backline is going to be in for a very tough day.
Ballard got towelled up last week and is another who seemed to miss the pre season. She is a good reader of the ball (however this means zoning off your player) and when opposition coaches are smart enough to get their players to kick the ball to her player she is too slow to adjust and struggles. She needs to be fitter and quicker to play intercept roll

As bad as we've been, our draw has been an absolute disgrace.

Sydney have 1 of their 10 games against the current top 7 - and it's by design given they, like us, were a bottom team last season.

By contrast we have 5 of our 10 against the current top 7 including 5 of our first 8.

I know Arnell batted away the question during the week saying we want to play against the best but the reality is it just gives them absolutely no chance to gain any sort of form and confidence and at a point it actually isn't helpful for development to just be chasing some other team around the park the whole time.

Arnell surely has to be under pressure

It’s a great PR exercise but is it really helping our girls progress ?
That'd be so Port. Part company with a new coach taking a completely new team into an established competition after two seasons, but hang on to the worst performing coach in VFL/AFL history for 11, then doubling down for 2 or 3 more.

If anything Arnell needs to be given more autonomy and guidance from, well, I dunno - perhaps there's an experienced coach or professional sportsperson on our board - you know, people like Koch, Cardone, Ransom. At the moment the whole place is bogged down in "Kenny".

She's on a hiding to nothing - we can't even keep our players in match condition. Something bigger than the W coach is wrong here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back