Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

As we play so well at Marvel Stadium, is it possible to get a full roof at Adelaide Oval.

It should be a big white lid on a hinge that closes from behind the Torrens stand so the stadium can look even more like a toilet seat.

With respect to Hayes, yes it is or was too early. I thought he should've been able to play out the season last year and in my mind I had him ahead of Teakle in the pecking order this year.

But when you have two players at a similar level of experience, as we do now, you need to make a call. Only one player can play AFL and you need to back him in.

The coaching group have gone with Teakle. They have watched him through the entire preseason. They know what his athletic capability is, they know how he has improved. They are in a good position to make that call and in this case I'm fine with it.
They made their final call on Hayes in the middle of last year. It was typically gutless of them to then not just delist him at the end of last season. Our ruck situation is an absolute farce - killing our chance to be genuinely competative. The quality in our midfield is absolutely screaming out for someone who can direct a tap down their throats at least sometimes

So you, in all your wisdom, have written him off after 3 and a half games. When across the history of Australian Rules Football we have seen numerous players take many games and multiple years to become good or great players. Especially so for tall players.

In fact, our Dylan Williams fits neatly in that category. Looked nowhere near it in his first game and now looks every bit of an AFL player. And is now rightly receiving the plaudits.

It's just a stupid conclusion to come to at this point in his career with such little evidence. Imagine all the players that would've been lost if you were in charge of list management...
You're writing this sanctimonious horseshit literally on the same page on which you wrote off Sam Hayes after 7 AFL games (which incidentally were significantly better than the 3 and half games Teakle has played aside from the one against Essendon). Incredible hypocrisy, but not unexpected from you.

As I've said before, I'm going to continue to pay absolutely zero credence to the talent identification opinions of a guy who named himself after a footballer who was dropped to the SANFL reserves by North Adelaide.

They made their final call on Hayes in the middle of last year. It was typically gutless of them to then not just delist him at the end of last season. Our ruck situation is an absolute farce - killing our chance to be genuinely competative. The quality in our midfield is absolutely screaming out for someone who can direct a tap down their throats at least sometimes
They couldn't delist him. He was contracted for this year. They gave him the opportunity to find another club and no one wanted him. I wonder why...?

You're writing this sanctimonious horseshit literally on the same page on which you wrote off Sam Hayes after 7 AFL games (which incidentally were significantly better than the 3 and half games Teakle has played aside from the one against Essendon). Incredible hypocrisy, but not unexpected from you.

As I've said before, I'm going to continue to pay absolutely zero credence to the talent identification opinions of a guy who named himself after a footballer who was dropped to the SANFL reserves by North Adelaide.
Speaking of talent identification, I distinctly remember you hitching your wagon to Fantasia who at this stage may be one of the worst acquisitions we have ever made. And in your spare time you write off first gamers after their first touch of the ball. You might be suited for list management at North Melbourne or Gold Coast.

I didn't write off Hayes. I said in a situation where you have two options and you can only pick one, I can see the reasoning as to why you would pick Teakle over Hayes. I also am aware of my own lack of information, I don't have access to how they train, I don't have access to athletic data. The club does.

I can't think of many situations, if any, where the club has ditched a player and regretted it. Maybe Howard but even then, McKenzie has been a more valuable player than Howard over the journey. And both Bergman and Williams are coming along.

Maybe Ladhams although there is plenty of water to go under the bridge with that one. Snelling potentially.

Speaking of talent identification, I distinctly remember you hitching your wagon to Fantasia who at this stage may be one of the worst acquisitions we have ever made. And in your spare time you write off first gamers after their first touch of the ball.
If you think Fantasia's problems stem from lack of talent then you know even less about football than I thought. And Lord was our worst player by a mile on Friday while Georgiades is missing a year of football because of our decision to play Lord ahead of him last week. Poor quality comebacks from a poor quality poster.

If you think Fantasia's problems stem from lack of talent then you know even less about football than I thought. And Lord was our worst player by a mile on Friday while Georgiades is missing a year of football because of our decision to play Lord ahead of him last week. Poor quality comebacks from a poor quality poster.
This is just a ridiculous statement. Georgiades did his knee in a freak accident which happens in football. Blaming the club is stupid and irresponsible and I reckon you should move past that.

You have stooped to personal insults so you are well aware that you have lost the argument at this point. I'll leave it there.

Umpiring is random. Footy is really bad officiated. It’s ridiculous.
I believe you South Americans have a very effective way of dealing with bad referees GP, but whilst us Aussies would obviously like a permanent solution to the AFL umps, I don't believe most of us would want it to be that permanent! ;)

No use crying over spilt milk I guess but I watched Ladhams yesterday and wish we had sorted out his reported off field issues. Yesterday Ladhams had 24 possesions with 5 marks and 34 hit outs and is developing into the best ruckman we once had on our list. Split milk I guess and we go with what we have.
Right now Ladhams would be our first ruck, is literally the prototype our coaches have decided to put in ruck, and he would be making our side far better. Ah well. That is one trade that the list mgmt team got wrong.

I believe you South Americans have a very effective way of dealing with bad referees GP, but whilst us Aussies would obviously like a permanent solution to the AFL umps, I don't believe most of us would want it to be that permanent! ;)

together pangea gang GIF by nettwerkmusic

One of the North posters “Ferball” just told me he hopes I get cancer and die painfully.

That is the type of person supporting North Melbourne.
Comments like that are so way off the absolutely tasteless scale that one would hope the mods and other posters on the north site would have put that person in his or her place immediately.

Let's hope the clown or a close family member doesn't get a version of that dreadful disease themselves!

They couldn't delist him. He was contracted for this year. They gave him the opportunity to find another club and no one wanted him. I wonder why...?
So was Dylan Williams. They delisted him.

They didn't delist Hayes because they realise another club would've taken him before our rookie picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been playing the lowest tog of our team most weeks

Something is clearly wrong.. playing injured?

The big concern is his clearances are way way down.

Averaging the lowest of his career bar his debut.

Won't be surprised in the slightest if his lack of TOG is due to the heart issue he had last year.

Won't be surprised in the slightest if his lack of TOG is due to the heart issue he had last year.

Brenton Sanderson and Don Pyke had the same thing and it didn’t effect them on an ongoing basis. It’s an acute thing that can come on at any time.

Brenton Sanderson and Don Pyke had the same thing and it didn’t effect them on an ongoing basis. It’s an acute thing that can come on at any time.
Eagleton

We've had a few versions of Willie since the season started. R1 we had a bit of 'Centre clearance Willie' which I don't recall seeing before. And annoyingly we've had 'Where TF were you Willie?' a couple of times. But on Friday we had 'West Coast Willie'. He might as well have been wearing his blue and gold jumper it was such a recognisable performance. Glad you enjoyed it.
Without Willie theres no 2018 for us, we were five goals down and it was looking like 2015 again. Hes something special when he goes.

Their ball movement got worse as the night rolled on and they were exposed for not having a proper KPF. Whereas our main KPF was a liability in the first quarter before working in to the game really well and arguable being a matchwinner, with his actions with and without the footy.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Spot on

Comments like that are so way off the absolutely tasteless scale that one would hope the mods and other posters on the north site would have put that person in his or her place immediately.

Let's hope the clown or a close family member doesn't get a version of that dreadful disease themselves!

Judging from the follow up posts he's got friends with similar health problems. Seems like a bit of a *******.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back