Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This type of s**t just needs to be 5 weeks. Player is defenceless on the ground with no way to protect themselves as the dog is driving his elbow into his neck. Just a disgusting look for the game.

I'm sure he will get 1 week though and the AFL will go back to trying to give 10 week penalties for Mackay like incidents.

The Viney incident is the sort of incident where David King should be making one of his "The AFL needs to come out and make an example of this" speeches. Bet he barely comments on it.

let me guess it was more

hahaha, look at how tough he is… hahahaha, just a face massage, it‘s a good part of the game, just sticking up for his team… hahahaha… nothing to see here????

Jeez gws have to front up on Friday night vs catters after playing us in the last game on Sunday.

Bit rough

I guess the Cats need all the help they can get to gift them a flag before the inevitable geriatric crash. 3 straight games at alphabet park leading into a finals series where they could play their finals matches as well. Good one VAFL.

This type of sh*t just needs to be 5 weeks. Player is defenceless on the ground with no way to protect themselves as the dog is driving his elbow into his neck. Just a disgusting look for the game.

I'm sure he will get 1 week though and the AFL will go back to trying to give 10 week penalties for Mackay like incidents.

Precedent

Viney would have to be living under a rock for the past year to not be aware of the dangers of that kind of action on someone’s neck. If he’d done that to an indigenous player it would be the biggest story of the year when it hit the press globally.

The fact his dad is one of the old boys might even be counterbalanced by the optics on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee having a read of the feel of the other boards we are rated less than Sydney, it’s like we are 16th and have a wild card.

I have no idea what we might be capable of.
We don’t rate ourselves. Why would others do?

It's not surprising no one rates us we rarely play cohesive eye catching football, the upside is we are still winning & there's time to tune up.

The perception in Victoria or namely Dunstall is that we play an exciting brand of football when we are going good. I guess he hasn't seen us play too many games since 2014 as all of our games of late are a chore to watch.

I am starting to think that the Richmond differential is due to a tactic they are using as they always seem to at the wrong end of the free kick table. Despite this they have won premierships.
Yeah but the stand rule has stuffed them as they can’t slow the game down like they did previously

Yep. Deliberately grinding his elbow into the side of a face of a player trapped beneath him. Cheap cowardly act.

Deserves games but let's see how the Tribunal handles it.
plays for a vic club, finals just round the corner = fine only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back