Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those collingwood players did not want it enough. Four of them almost stood completely still in the middle of the ground while treloar waited desperately for an option. Disgraceful effort.

my god the Bulldogs get the rub of the green week in week out. It makes me sick.
You talking about the Darcy Moore mark? That was a crap decision, Any other time it is paid. Umpires will often not pay those at the end of the game but will pay them earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, there looks to be a reason Collingwood have the #1 midfield in the league according to CD.

Adams. 33 touches (60%), 12 clearances, 12 tackles, 1 goal assist
Pendlebury. 35 touches (83%), 10 clearances, 6 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 2 goals
Treloar. 33 touches (72.7), 8 marks, 6 clearances, 10 inside 50s, 1 goal.
Sidebottom. 35 touches (83%), 8 marks, 6 clearances, 4 inside 50s 2 goals.

136 touches (75%), 21 marks, 29 clearances, 24 tackles, 24 inside 50s, 5 goals, 1 goal assist between the four against the reigning premiers.

Collingwood's midfield is great.

Their defence and forward line is so, so s**t. So much pressure but they're just not clean and don't setup properly.

Dominated every single stat and couldn't get it done because they weren't clinical enough.

Dogs won't make top four - but it doesn't matter really anymore because the advantage of the week rest has been diminished. Will still be a contender at the pointy end.

Also, there looks to be a reason Collingwood have the #1 midfield in the league according to CD.

Adams. 33 touches (60%), 12 clearances, 12 tackles, 1 goal assist
Pendlebury. 35 touches (83%), 10 clearances, 6 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 2 goals
Treloar. 33 touches (72.7), 8 marks, 6 clearances, 10 inside 50s, 1 goal.
Sidebottom. 35 touches (83%), 8 marks, 6 clearances, 4 inside 50s 2 goals.

136 touches (75%), 21 marks, 29 clearances, 24 tackles, 24 inside 50s, 5 goals, 1 goal assist between the four against the reigning premiers.

Yet champion data thought Treloar's game wasn't worthy of 100pts.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought the dog's defender clearly got first touch of the ball, and actually punched it sideways, before Moore `marked ' it, so in my opinion the scumps got that one right. ;)

Re Moore, if he isn't the biggest figjam I have seen since Bucks then I will go he for chasey, but at least Bucks had the runs on the board, if Moore could get any further up himself he would turn inside out! :rolleyes:

Collingwood's transition into the forward line is poo.

42% converting inside 50s (62) to score (20% of collingwood's inside 50s were goals)

Collingwood's defence is also a s**t show.

56% of bulldogs inside 50s (44) resulted in a score and (34% of inside 50s ended up as goals).

But why ? Whats the difference
I guess the game is corrupt
Some umpires don't like to give 50/50 decisions at the end of the game that lead directly to a goal that may change the result. It often seems that they are expecting that the alternative, that the leading team will take minutes off the clock will be forgotten.

Dogs won't make top four - but it doesn't matter really anymore because the advantage of the week rest has been diminished. Will still be a contender at the pointy end.

What do you mean the week rest has been diminished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back