Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ours sounds like the wiggles are singing it with a few casio keyboards from the mid-2000s D:

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/listen-to-every-afl-clubs-new-theme-song-for-season-2018

What have they done? Every time where your voice should be raised i.e. "We're the Alberton crowd, PORT ADELAIDE PROUD!" and the heroes are those who've earnt the right to wear the SILVER, TEAL AND BLACK AND WHITE! And the Port supporters, standing tall, true believers ONE AND ALL!" are just sung like the numbers. The line ONE AND ALL should also be more like ONE AND AAAAAAAAALLLLLL. This version is like elevator music.

Although if everyone sings it in their own key, which is how football songs should be sung, we will drown out this parody of our song and all will be OK.

So the club doesn't get a choice in this?

Get ******. this is atrocious.

Carn KT and Kochie fix this up
Apparently yes, we had a choice...
ttp://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/afl-clarifies-decision-to-rerecord-club-songs
"The AFL was approached by a number of clubs to provide minor updates to their songs," Auld said in a statement to SEN.

"In doing so, we offered all the clubs the ability to have a new recording, to offer stronger digital sound quality. A number of the club songs are old recordings of diminishing quality. Minor lyric changes were only made following requests from respective football clubs."

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/16/we'll-be-using-the-old-song-promises-eddie/
WE’LL BE USING THE OLD SONG PROMISES EDDIE

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has promised Collingwood fans that their side will run out to the classic club theme song recording in Round 1 against Hawthorn and not the newly recorded version.

The AFL today have confirmed that 15 of the League’s 18 clubs have had their song re-recorded, with the new digital recordings including slight musical and lyrical changes, including the Magpies' famous ‘Good Old Collingwood Forever’.

“In the end it is a pretty straight-forward decision for us. We listened to them and the original is the best. It’s been sung more times in triumph than any other song in sports history in Australia and we’ll stick with it.

"In doing so, we offered all the clubs the ability to have a new recording, to offer stronger digital sound quality. A number of the club songs are old recordings of diminishing quality. Minor lyric changes were only made following requests from respective football clubs."

I notice that WCE are now "flyin' high instead of "flying high", so that will give them a much harder edge.

And now it's Geelong's "flags are" instead of "flag is" flying high down at GMHBA Stadium.

Richmond are now risking head and shin instead of skin, which is what it was always supposed to have been according to KB.

Just listened, and was pmsl. Which is exactly the opposite of what I should be doing when listening to our club song. Please KT and Kochie, just say no.

And the Crows' new version makes me feel like I'm at a circus. It actually sounds like a circus. I wholeheartedly endorse them running with this. It suits them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the AFL is taking the piss. Its like what the club song would sound like if it was decided by committee and sung by a choir on Mogadon or playing a 45 at 33 (for those old enough to remember).

Surely we couldn't have signed off on this.Will be disappointed if the club doesn't come out and say stick it up your jacksie.

Apparently yes, we had a choice...
ttp://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-16/afl-clarifies-decision-to-rerecord-club-songs
"The AFL was approached by a number of clubs to provide minor updates to their songs," Auld said in a statement to SEN.

Probably gave the opportunity to all the clubs in the same way Arthur Dent was given an opportunity to object to having his house knocked down in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".

W A R R I O R
A
R
R
I
O
R

2868670-3x2-940x627.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back