Game Day Port v Swans at Adelaide Oval - The Glory of Brynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrate good times, come on!

286053883_365909838942870_8863107631105378277_n-jpg.1422203
water lights GIF

These are the games that kill me…against a well drilled, well coached team with a discernible game plan that makes sense vs our rabble of a coaching box.

Duck contested ball differential:

Talent Differential Port +5
Game plan differential Syd +30
IQ differential Syd +20

Swans by 45pts

Swans playing for a top 4 berth to collapse under the weight of expectation.

John Longmire to praise Ken and Port Adelaide for Ken's tactical mouse and the manner in which Port carried out their game plan.

Swans playing for a top 4 berth to collapse under the weight of expectation.

John Longmire to praise Ken and Port Adelaide for Ken's tactical mouse and the manner in which Port carried out their game plan.
And the name of that mouse, Kenatouille

I’ve decided to end my home game exile today (first game since round 2), but mainly going to see some friends. Hope Brynn plays well but if we lose, then hopefully Ladhams will go forward & kick a bag, & afterwards when being interviewed he’ll say something like: “put that up ya pipe & smoke it ken you fraud”.

The club is in real dire straights at the moment. They just can't afford for Hinkley to continue on.

Last week I chose to do something other than clear my schedule to watch Port for the first time in possibly 20 years. This week I'm voluntarily not attending the first home game I am capable of attending for the first time since we entered the AFL.

My whole family who occupies 10 tickets aren't attending, all for varying small reasons.

We are the die hards, if we arent going then the club is in crazy trouble. If we're a microcosm of the supporter base don't only expect today to be a low crowd, but a crowd devoid of any atmosphere or hope as our current administration fails to grow some balls and make the tough call that should've been made a long time ago.

I hope we win, I always do, but I really don't care anymore. We're no good, our list is full of B grade talent with some really shitty players in the bottom end. And our coaching staff are stale, unable to develop talent and putting out a boring unsuccessful gameplan.

Sydney will win easily, probably by about 23 points, our finals chances will be 100% cooked and Hinkley should be sacked. That is what a ruthless well run club would do, but I have little faith anymore.

#sackhinkley

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On paper this would be a 5+ goal win to Sydney. When you add in the respective teams' form this year and the enormous advantage they have in the coaching box, it should be an 8-10 goal blow-out their way.

Sydney have fantastic key position players, who are playing to potential and reputation. Then the midfield combination of Parker, Heeney, Mills, Florent, Warner, Wicks etc is tough, skilled and has enough speed and run. Their massive, massive advantage over us though is in their ability to score from numerous sources, including small-medium small forward:

- Tall forwards - they have the big advantage, especially given that Reid and McDonald are looking pretty good of late. We know what Buddy will do to us.

- Small forwards - we have nothing in this department that is dangerous or proven. Let's face it, we're relying on Frederick (!), Mead, Jones. Maybe SPP and Farrell can get on the scoreboard. Butters and Rozee are needed in the midfield, but even if forward they haven't kicked goals this year. They have Papley, Hayward, Gulden, Heeney and their mids also kick goals.

McCartin x2 and Rampe - I can't see how any of our tall forwards get away. Hence the need to play an extra fourth tall forward to have at least one target that can outsize and outstrength their immediate opponent.

This really is a lop-sided matchup on paper and form.

Prediction - Sydney 52 points

Lad playing ball if we hurried and moved things around could probably get there for the bounce.

Years past it would be no question he would miss a week and off we go.

Now I may not even watch the first quarter.

Like coob said we are the die hards and they are losing us.

Do something Ports.

Don't mind Sydney hate them less than most.

Could be a good game. ... but it won't.

Still hope we win despite it all. Go Ports.

On paper this would be a 5+ goal win to Sydney. When you add in the respective teams' form this year and the enormous advantage they have in the coaching box, it should be an 8-10 goal blow-out their way.

Sydney have fantastic key position players, who are playing to potential and reputation. Then the midfield combination of Parker, Heeney, Mills, Florent, Warner, Wicks etc is tough, skilled and has enough speed and run. Their massive, massive advantage over us though is in their ability to score from numerous sources, including small-medium small forward:

- Tall forwards - they have the big advantage, especially given that Reid and McDonald are looking pretty good of late. We know what Buddy will do to us.

- Small forwards - we have nothing in this department that is dangerous or proven. Let's face it, we're relying on Frederick (!), Mead, Jones. Maybe SPP and Farrell can get on the scoreboard. Butters and Rozee are needed in the midfield, but even if forward they haven't kicked goals this year. They have Papley, Hayward, Gulden, Heeney and their mids also kick goals.

McCartin x2 and Rampe - I can't see how any of our tall forwards get away. Hence the need to play an extra fourth tall forward to have at least one target that can outsize and outstrength their immediate opponent.

This really is a lop-sided matchup on paper and form.

Prediction - Sydney 52 points

It's hard to lose by 52 points when you play the dour, defensive football we play. Of the 7 losses thus far, the only game we really got crunched in was the Hawthorn game which played out in an odd way with us dominating all stats but them getting out the back and scoring easily (incidentally, this game was the death of Hinkleyball, the moment he truly realised the 2017-2021 game plan would never work and decided to go back to what he knows best - defence).

Hinkley will park the bus today. It will be similar to the Melbourne game, we won't even be trying to win. Get ready for boring kick to kick in the back half and all inside 50s to be directed to the boundary line. Sydney will win 68-38 or something ridiculous like that.

As good a day as you could get for the game I'm trying to avoid going but we just don't get better days for a game and you want to get behind the players anyway so off we go.
Would think around 25 thousand would be a great crowd.

Lil Pisty to kick a goal and celebrate by pulling out a bag of coke, doing a line off Dan Houston's boot and copping the two week suspension because he just doesn't give a *.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back