Preview Ports vs. Richmond Tiggers

Remove this Banner Ad

So it was Voss and Lade at fault for our underperformance now?
I just can't wait till you start blaming Choco for our failures post 2014. Interested to see the spin you're gonna put on that

Nicks also copped some share of the blame.

Im very worried about this game. Lynch will clunk everything and kick 5, tigers midfield and small forwards will hunt us all game. If we turn the ball over we'll get exposed by their run and concede goals out the back like every home game we play. Unfortunately I think they will get us with run on the outside and control the play for most the game.

Tigers by 20

Ollie Wines will not play as poorly as last week, though possibly a still below his absolute best.
I cant tell if his kicking has improved as I can only recall his successful goal last week.

im hoping we lose just so another nail is put in Hinkley's coffin, i know its gonna take about 100 nails to see this one through but we have to start somewhere, we cant allow Hinkley to ruin another generation of Port players

im hoping we lose just so another nail is put in Hinkley's coffin, i know its gonna take about 100 nails to see this one through but we have to start somewhere, we cant allow Hinkley to ruin another generation of Port players
About 63 more games to go I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against your mate Clarkson's Hawks in 2017?

View attachment 650765

The game where we had the chance to inflict a record loss on them and some long overdue payback for 2011, only to play like lairising busted arses and get outscored in the second half - epitomised by Toumpas racking up the most pointless 26 touches ever (23 uncontested, 1 behind, 1 tackle, 1 inside50, 1 one-percenter).

When quizzed on the dysfunctional backend of the game, Hinkley said he preferred to focus on the positives of the first half.

Lo and behold, we came out the week after against Essendon, started exactly as we finished against the Hawks and found ourselves 40-1 down after 17 minutes en route to a 70pt loss. Toumpas predictably stank and never played again.

Yeah. ‘Ruthless’.

The game where we had the chance to inflict a record loss on them and some long overdue payback for 2011, only to play like lairising busted arses and get outscored in the second half - epitomised by Toumpas racking up the most pointless 26 touches ever (23 uncontested, 1 behind, 1 tackle, 1 inside50, 1 one-percenter).

When quizzed on the dysfunctional backend of the game, Hinkley said he preferred to focus on the positives of the first half.

Lo and behold, we came out the week after against Essendon, started exactly as we finished against the Hawks and found ourselves 40-1 down after 17 minutes en route to a 70pt loss. Toumpas predictably stank and never played again.

Yeah. ‘Ruthless’.
I never thought I could feel so frustrated after a 51 point victory until that day. Classic Hinkley.

I never thought I could feel so frustrated after a 51 point victory until that day. Classic Hinkley.

The sequel was just as maddening.

From a 4-goal QT lead to a goalless quarter, to an eventual trademark narrow defeat from a leading position.

How good was that first half two years ago though? Mmm-mmm.

Yeah. ‘Ruthless’.
Second half was:
Port 4.12:36
Hawks 7.2:44

It wasn't anything like what happened in the Docklands right after.

We won the scoring shots total in the second half against Hawthorn by almost the double: 16-9.

We kick 12.4, instead of 4.12, or they kick 2.7, instead of 7.2, and you would have had your historic win.

Second half was:

We won the scoring shots total in the second half against Hawthorn by almost the double: 16-9.

We kick 12.4, instead of 4.12, or they kick 2.7, instead of 7.2, and you would have had your historic win.
"Spewing we didn't kick straight"

Second half was:

It was sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football, at home against an opponent who were on their knees at halftime.

We carried that same brand into the Essendon game and got utterly destroyed.

It was sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football, at home against an opponent who were on their knees at halftime.

We carried that same brand into the Essendon game and got utterly destroyed.

"It was sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football," that dominated most of the stats but goal-scoring efficiency. In the last quarter, we even had more disposals, more clearances, more marks, and more scores than them. We even had the last scores of the game. Take a look, if you will: https://www.flashscore.com.au/match/z5irqTX2/#match-summary

The whole problem were those SEVEN CONSECUTIVES BEHINDS in Q3. However, the fact is that we weren't kicking well even before then:
Q1, 6.5:41 - 0.0:0
Q2, 3.3:21 - 0.3:3
Q3, 1.7:9 - 3.1:19
Q4, 3.5:23 - 4.1:25
FT, 13.20:98 - 7.5:47

In brief, if the only difference in that game was us kicking 17.16:118 (just a bit over 50.0%), this conversation wouldn't exist. We would be joking that we avoided scoring 119 points. Moreover, if we had played such "sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football" against Essendon the week after, that game would have been different.

Looking forward to a decent feed and a couple of lazy reds at Tasting Australia before the game, expecting to see lots of Port supporters there.

Hoping we can actually play to our potential and give some players some confidence.

"It was sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football," that dominated most of the stats but goal-scoring efficiency. In the last quarter, we even had more disposals, more clearances, more marks, and more scores than them. We even had the last scores of the game. Take a look, if you will: https://www.flashscore.com.au/match/z5irqTX2/#match-summary

The whole problem were those SEVEN CONSECUTIVES BEHINDS in Q3. However, the fact is that we weren't kicking well even before then:
Q1, 6.5:41 - 0.0:0
Q2, 3.3:21 - 0.3:3
Q3, 1.7:9 - 3.1:19
Q4, 3.5:23 - 4.1:25
FT, 13.20:98 - 7.5:47

In brief, if the only difference in that game was us kicking 17.16:118 (just a bit over 50.0%), this conversation wouldn't exist. We would be joking that we avoided scoring 119 points. Moreover, if we had played such "sloppy, disjointed, inefficient, loose, unaccountable, lairising football" against Essendon the week after, that game would have been different.
The umpires created their first 3 goals for them using a series of free kicks and 50 metre penalties that were barely there or not there at all as well.

We weren’t as ruthless as Geelong 07, but we also weren’t doping.

Great post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back