Possible AFL priority pick - mature age Sam Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

ChrisHunt313131

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the AFL award Carlton the first chance at the state wide players first from what I know they could do worse than picking Sam Collins from Box Hill as a defender, hopefully they don’t miss out like they did with Kane Lambert.

If the AFL award Carlton the first chance at the state wide players first from what I know they could do worse than picking Sam Collins from Box Hill as a defender, hopefully they don’t miss out like they did with Kane Lambert.
I reckon I'd prefer Lukosius. Played state league pretty much all year and apparently a few wraps on him.

Collins plays for Werribee, he has been very good in the VFL this season

I was kind of bummed we got rid of him - would have been great depth/push for a first team spot

Especially with Spurr & Johnno both retiring this season

He would have found it hard to hold down a spot with Pearce/Hamling/Wilson/Nhyuis/Logue all fit, however
When he was with Freo he was slower than a wet week, had mediocre disposal and looked below the required fitness level for an AFL footballer imo. Maybe he has improved a hell of a lot over the last year or so but he would want to to make it at the highest level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good as a shutdown back. I like him a lot, but I like old school players. Unfortunately offers very little with ball in hand and doesn't have a heap of pace.
You can afford to have one but at the time we delisted him, we didn't really need that. We've really struggled for a long time with movement out of the backline. I was surprised we didn't keep him for depth though.

I'd retire Rowe and get Collins if the special assistance allowed us to get him. But if there is a more ready made mid with speed in this age range I would get a mid first. Gold Coast may get it too, If that is the case Collins may go there, especially if May goes. I hope these are extra spots on list beyond normal for two years then you hopefully you get back in line with normal list sizes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back