Autopsy Post game Vs West Coast Eagles Round 11, 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

How can West Coast have a free kick differential of almost double the next team over a fifteen year period? That's incredible, and they've never had a minus free kick count in all those years.
It boggles the mind!

How can West Coast have a free kick differential of almost double the next team over a fifteen year period? That's incredible, and they've never had a minus free kick count in all those years.

And they've had wooden spoon seasons and premiership seasons in all of that so there's no "continued excellence" it differs wildly.

i was really impressed by Rice... he shows a lot of maturity in the way he plays you would swear he was a 28 year old with 200 games experiance the way he go's very very good leadership shown as well by him
28s a bit flattering campaigner looks at least 30.

This would be a big project for someone, how about a matrix of all the individual umpires involved and which clubs they favour? Either all the umpires that go to Perth are on the take, or just a few. That's an astronomical and criminal differential.
Eagles fans are defending it by saying it's only a +2.61 difference per game which is true, but that's not the issue. Issue is that it happens in every game of every season of the last 16 years.

I was going to tell you to get a life George.....but wow!
How about the difference between 1 and 2?

This whole thing is as corrupt as. Surely this cannot be swept under the carpet.

Edit: Looks like #freekickhawthorn wasn't such a thing after all. ;)

Last edited:
I was going to tell you to get a life George.....but wow!
How about the difference between 1 and 2?

This whole thing is as corrupt as. Surely this cannot be swept under the carpet.

Edit: Looks like # freekickhawthorn wasn't such a thing after all. ;)
I tell you working in an office has it's perks!

So I'm belatedly coming to this thread. Watched the first half on my phone then took one for the team and watched some Handmaid's Tale with my wife, then watched the second half on the computer on Sunday. By which I mean the last quarter. I'm not a sadist.

My main observation was that our use of forward handball was fantastic. I posted a month or so back about how the vast majority of our handballs were under pressure to a bloke at the back of the pack who was forced to kick off a step. We really broke the game open with the forward handballs, and we have a lot of blokes in the team capable of doing it. Let's face it, a 7m forward handball is easier than most kicks. All of a sudden our small, skilful brigade comes into the game - Gresh, Sinclair, even Billings. And it's a style that less skilful guys like McKenzie can execute. It also opens up the angles, and we saw a lot more cutting back into the corridor, because once you handpass forward of a group of players, the centring kick has to go over less heads and is therefore less dangerous.

We were once again victims of intercept marks, but as someone else noted, not that many of them were from slow, high bombs. WC are just unbelievable at picking off forward entries. Yes, we'll take McGovern. Hurn too if he was a few years younger.

We have Carlisle, we win that game. And, I know, Carlisle was stiffer than Mandela, but the truth is that it was a stupid spoil and he needs to cut that s**t out of his game.

We seem to match up well on the Weagles and Tiges over the last two seasons. The Swans, not so much. But at least we're running into some form. Maybe I'll see a win when I pop up to the Goldy in a fortnight...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post Fehring. You are spot on about us trying to go through the corridor more, instead of the longer route via the Cape circumnavigating the boundary line. This is very encouraging as it indicates we are trying to play brave football and not the conservative tripe we dished up early in the year.

I think a lot of praise must go to Jimmy Webster, who is not afraid to cut the angles and roll the dice with his daredevil passing. We may look silly when we turn it over, but when it comes off it is very entertaining to watch and can breed confidence in our young group. Brisbane are doing something similar which is why they have kicked some big scores this year, although only chalking up one win like us.

Fortune favours the brave and it gives something for us fans to get excited about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back