Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Trent play an internal trial a few years back & thought he was a talent. But others said he was simply too small to ever make it afl level.
Now a number of the same posters are frothing over Hill/ Pickett. The irony is not lost on me

I saw Trent play an internal trial a few years back & thought he was a talent. But others said he was simply too small to ever make it afl level.
Now a number of the same posters are frothing over Hill/ Pickett. The irony is not lost on me
From memory, Trent also had a run of bad hamstring injuries that didn’t help.

Where is trent playing?

I was just thinking I wouldn't mind him or Wanganeen on the list as a fast small forward given our lack of depth in that area.

Mallee Park in the Port Lincoln league.

That's looking pretty good if Rome is better than Jase.

It's a family year for the draft.

Maybe pick up a players with 34 and then cash in the Father Sons and NGA.
Not sure if I wrote it in this thread, or another one, but my mate who knows Peter Snr very well, told me at the internal trial or the next trial game, that grandad told him Rome is by far the best of his 3 grandsons.

After watching Jase play so well against St Kilda on Friday night, I am excited at the prospect of Rome playing for Port.

Last edited:
Would be awesome to finally get some decent father/ sons
Old mate at pub (pub talk warning so no legal responsibilities) reckoned Geelongs 2007 team had 7 or 8 father son players? Not sure of the claim, I recall Ablett x 2, Hawkins
Also (pub talk) claimed Hawkins & a few vic boys with oddly large misshapen heads were given human growth hormones from a young age, hence their gigantic melons.
Hope they get cruetzfeldt-Jakob disease if true.

My tactic

My tactic would be to line our boys up with the female Russian Olympic volleyball team & encourage them to have lots of babies. Natural way is always best

Same old mate in pub claimed his mum in law was allegedly secretary at Geelong and said dodgy doc in vic was doling out growth hormones like candy to any normal height vic lad who wanted to be the next Carey/ Lockett et al back in the day but those Russian cadavers weren’t real clean.

Would be awesome to finally get some decent father/ sons
Old mate at pub (pub talk warning so no legal responsibilities) reckoned Geelongs 2007 team had 7 or 8 father son players? Not sure of the claim, I recall Ablett x 2, Hawkins
Also (pub talk) claimed Hawkins & a few vic boys with oddly large misshapen heads were given human growth hormones from a young age, hence their gigantic melons.
Hope they get cruetzfeldt-Jakob disease if true.

My tactic
Wake Up What GIF by Laff

Not sure if I wrote it in this thread, or another one, but my mate who knows Peter Snr very well, told me at the internal trial or the next trial game, that grandad told him Rome is by far the best of his 3 grandsons.

After watching Jase play so well against St Kilda on Friday night, I am excited at the prospect of Rome playing for Port.

I was thinking the same thing, Jase isn't even meant to be the best Burgoyne!

Ky Burgoyne, son of Shaun Burgoyne, on loan to the Port Magpies for 4 games from West Adelaide Under 18s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ky Burgoyne isnt in line to get drafted at this point. Hes not in the u18s state squad with Rome, Montgomery and I think Barrett has snuck in as well.

We had a Montgomery f/s playing for the magpies last year who went undrafted as well
Ryan Borlace at 197cm.

Please tell that's the correct surname spelling and not the sibling of James Borlase Crows academy player:mad:

How is Wakelins boy tracking?
Only 17 (2025 draft) and big boy playing under 18 for Sturt. Figures look good so far. Primarily a tall defender, like his dad, but also capable of playing forward, Gill has impressed at Sturt due to his exceptional ability to read the ball in flight and his strong marking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back