AFL Grand Final Now Post Grand Final Feels

Remove this Banner Ad

How is everyone feeling as we get closer to the GF?

I can't even dare to dream and am numb as I wont allow myself to consider the possibility of winning. I am so institutionalised as an MFC supporter!

If this was Richmond, Hawthorn or Geelong in there heyday, I would I'd be telling their supporters 'don't worry it's in the bag' as many oppo supporters are saying about us, but I can't even consider this as a possibility.

How is everyone feeling, numb like me, nervous, confident?

Anyway, just thought we could discuss our journey of GF week on the way to the opening bounce Saturday.

For me personally, this is the most stressed and uncomfortable I have felt as a Demon for a very long time, perhaps ever, even in 2000 I didn't have it this bad.
I've tried exercising, running, lifting weights, meditating(to Pink Floyd's One Of These Days) nothing will allay those nerves which have been getting more and more jangling as the days wears on. And it sucks that the gyms are closed because I would have loved to smash a midnight sesh.

The reality set in when they put up that vid with the emblem getting stamped on. Holy hell.

I was much more nervous before the prelim at this stage, but I'm sure it'll grow as the week goes on. A bit pessimistic but that is pretty natural as a MFC fan I think.

Saturday is going to be hell for us all though, I get why it is a night GF but fu** me it'll be awful for nerves.
Preliminary final was more stressful imo because of the what if factor. By that watching the gf would be depressing because this has been our best chance to win it and not making the gf you would be thinking what if Melbourne were there. Come Saturday though man it's going to long day, it's a shame they had to make it twighlight game which makes us wait even longer. I'm on school holidays perhaps I should be on Perth time to shorten it.

Surely this is our year. All Australian's everywhere. Best ever defensive team. On top for over half the season. Goody coach of the year. Gawn AA captain. Rising Star winner. Oliver. Petracca. May/Lever. Two out of two very comfortable finals games. Amazing injury list. Best structured side in the comp. Doing everything right on and off the field for once. It just feels right. Surely this is our year. Surely the curse gets broken officially this year. Swans had their time a decade or so ago. Dogs 5 years ago. Tiges a few years back. It's our time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think winning a premiership will be a collective weight lifted off every dees supporter out there. I've noticed the past few years I'm more emotional watching us play, and it's just that built up frustration as we get one year further from our last flag, breaking that drought would just mean so much.

Have been feeling calm since our prelim win, nerves will kick in on Friday I think, I just want to try and enjoy the day for what it is though. Go dees!

Ignoring all coverage to stave off the nerves. Everything in the media this week is pure bullshit, there’s nothing worth saying or listening to until teams are selected.

I know we deserve to be narrow favourites but I couldn’t possibly tip us. 35 years of watching us fail to get the job done, no way am I daring to dream until the Leigh Matthew’s rule comes into effect: more goals up than there are minutes left in the game.
If any campaigner dares to go the early crow by declaring us home and hosed when we’re 3 goals up halfway through the third, I’ll bite your ******* head off

My old man keeps telling me be confident.

I keep telling him to STFU.
I have the antithesis old man to you, he is the pessimist I am but has lived through a couple of extra decades of failure.

The bastard did however go to every grand final from ‘54 to ‘70 and witness a heap of Melbourne premierships.

My pregame feels at this point are predominantly anger, as I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch it until Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back