Pre Season and Rookie draft thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

in the rookie draft i'd like sydney to consider sproule, cunningham, morrish and lebois. i don't think we are using our preseason draft picks. we are also taking a cat b rookie from academy and jake brown is the obvious contender...

I like LeBois and Sproule. Wouldn't mind if we picked up one of them.

The following (AFAIK) would:

Adelaide - 1 pick
Collingwood - 1 pick
Fremantle - 2 picks
Geelong - 1 pick
Greater Western Sydney - 2 picks
Hawthorn - 1 pick
Port Adelaide - 2 picks
Sydney - 2 picks
West Coast - 1 pick

Whether any will use any of them is another question.....

EDIT: Forgot about Richmond, they have an extra pick left too.

It should look like this then

1. Fremantle -
2. Richmond -
3. Collingwood -
4. Port Adelaide -
5. West Coast -
6. Adelaide -
7. Hawthorn -
8. Geelong -
9. GWS -
10. Sydney -
------------------------------------------------
11. Fremantle -
12. Port Adelaide -
13. GWS -
14. Sydney Swans -

Really hoping we take LeBois after seeing him in action a fair bit.
Hopefully the Essendon connections help

A friend of Scharenberg has just told me they think he wasn't selected because he doesn't give a stuff about his schooling.
Doesn't like school at all.

in the rookie draft i'd like sydney to consider sproule, cunningham, morrish and lebois. i don't think we are using our preseason draft picks. we are also taking a cat b rookie from academy and jake brown is the obvious contender...
As a swans fan, what role does Brown play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How may DFA are looking for a new home anyway? 10ish?

Would he be rated at all if he wasn't Matts brother?
Yes I think so. He's a decent size, excellent tackler and clearance winner, played very well in the SANFL reserves and a bit of seniors. He's not perfect but he's got enough to have made a name for himself without his brother. I wonder if his brother has actually hurt his chances given the number of serious injuries he's had. You'd want to check Jonty pretty carefully to see if his knees or feet have any signs of the same predisposition to injury as Matt's.

Yes I think so. He's a decent size, excellent tackler and clearance winner, played very well in the SANFL reserves and a bit of seniors. He's not perfect but he's got enough to have made a name for himself without his brother. I wonder if his brother has actually hurt his chances given the number of serious injuries he's had. You'd want to check Jonty pretty carefully to see if his knees or feet have any signs of the same predisposition to injury as Matt's.
There's no problem with Matt's knees, both recos were accidental, just got his leg caught and got twisted in the tackle.

There's no problem with Matt's knees, both recos were accidental, just got his leg caught and got twisted in the tackle.
So freak occurrence both times despite players been caught in tackles all the time? Surely many pies players have been tackled like that and very few of them have done 1 yet alone 2 ACL's.

Recruiting is a risk adverse profession and even if there's no obvious anatomical predisposition there's still the chance recruiters feel that risk even if there's no science behind it.

It should look like this then

1. Fremantle - PASS
2. Richmond - PASS
3. Collingwood - PASS
4. Port Adelaide - PASS
5. West Coast - PASS
6. Adelaide - PASS
7. Hawthorn - PASS
8. Geelong - PASS
9. GWS - PASS
10. Sydney - PASS
------------------------------------------------
11. Fremantle - PASS
12. Port Adelaide - PASS
13. GWS - PASS
14. Sydney Swans - PASS
FTFY

Nah but seriously everyone will probably pass, they can just use DFA if they want and if they wanted anyone from the draft they could have taken them at the very end, a lot of teams like using the extras on the rookie list nowadays

So freak occurrence both times despite players been caught in tackles all the time? Surely many pies players have been tackled like that and very few of them have done 1 yet alone 2 ACL's.

Recruiting is a risk adverse profession and even if there's no obvious anatomical predisposition there's still the chance recruiters feel that risk even if there's no science behind it.
Hard to believe maybe, but s**t happens sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back