NRL Pre-season games

Remove this Banner Ad

Dragons playing St Helens in Australia.
I'm guessing St Helens are going to stay in Australia for like a month and help the NRL be the 18th team for preseason.
Generally don't need to. Brisbane always plays one of the QLD Cup sides as one of their trials. They're just glorified hit outs.

sucks for may and is a big bloke for panthers who have already lost a bit of strike. St.Helens performance was amazing, they did the right prep and got the rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

Bloody awful for us. I'm basically at the giving up part of my support with Newcastle. We're inept but even outside of that, if the Roosters can afford to give him over $500k with that current side, the salary cap is an absolute joke.

TPA's have killed this sport for so many teams.
NRL doing "salary cap" all wrong.

Yep.

Bloody awful for us. I'm basically at the giving up part of my support with Newcastle. We're inept but even outside of that, if the Roosters can afford to give him over $500k with that current side, the salary cap is an absolute joke.

TPA's have killed this sport for so many teams.

NRL will never get rid of these 3rd party deals as it means they don't need to pay it

Yea, they need to fix the TPA bs. I've thought about NRL introducing some sort of fee for players that leave a club they've been at for a while or if they've been a junior/debut. That fee is a percentage of the players total new contract and get's added to the salary cap for the club losing that player.

e.g. dom young signed a 500k/4yr = 2mil then a certain percent like say 10% needs to be paid to the knights which can be added to the knights salary cap = 200k

Some sort of compo for the team developing that player.

Also hoping there's more activity in the NRL thread this year. I'll try to be more active, I quite enjoy the discussion on BF (apart from the nutters on MB lol). Hoping a few lurkers (like me) get more active too :)

Have you guys found any other forums with decent NRL discussion? I've tried reddit but I hate the layout, FB is a no go and the dragons forum I occasionally post on is also a bit crazy (can't blame em tho)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back