NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Both teams have *ed themselves really. So many injuries for both teams, whoever wins next week will be hard pressed to go further.
I wouldn't rule out any of the teams in the bottom half of the top 8. I'm not expecting any of them, other than the Storm, to go much further than the first or second week but I'm not underestimating them either.

The Storm are more than capable of winning the Premiership from outside the 4, the Roosters have won 8 straight and can't be discounted, even with a few injuries, the Rabbits are a little inconsistent but can embarrass the best teams when on song and the Raiders are the least likely, but they have come from a long way back and have been playing good footy over the last month or so.

I wouldn't rule out any of the teams in the bottom half of the top 8. I'm not expecting any of them, other than the Storm, to go much further than the first or second week but I'm not underestimating them either.

The Storm are more than capable of winning the Premiership from outside the 4, the Roosters have won 8 straight and can't be discounted, even with a few injuries, the Rabbits are a little inconsistent but can embarrass the best teams when on song and the Raiders are the least likely, but they have come from a long way back and have been playing good footy over the last month or so.
Miracles and upsets do happen often enough you can't ever be certain. Like we talked about a few months ago, Manly lost only 1 game all year in 95 and then lost the GF to the Dogs who limped into the six. That Manly team far more dominant than the Panthers today. Or how many times the Storm ran laps on everyone, winning minor premierships, but either fell over the line in a GF or lost, even walloped. Underdogs galore everywhere.

I wouldnt even rule out Raiders. They made the GF a few years ago, so aren't strangers.

The Sharks look mighty good tho as a genuine threat. The Roosters are so well run too, like the Storm, they are dangers, can rise in adversity.

All i meant was just it was a war of attrition and it cost both teams heavily, then they gotta go back and do it again, elimination game, it will be even more carnage for both. Whoever wins will end up the walking wounded and end up thrashed. Thats what i envision.

I guess they had to batter each tonight for the spectacle, the occasion of the opening of the new stadium.

Also I thought it was weird that after not seeing a pen for a deliberate forward pass/knock on in, well, forever, (and thinking it had gone out of the game), to see two in consecutive weeks was quite a thing.

And no complaints from me there either, and I think we have the balance right compared to the crazy situation in Union. Always seems to me, it should only be a pen in the most blatent of cases, as opposed to just competing for the ball.

Yeah Warriors fans must just be used to it now.

After watching my AFL team show grit, guts, determination, and fight all year, it just makes me wonder why my Rugby league team seems just so incapable of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Broncos. Though it would have been more fun if they won and had to sweat on the Raiders losing.

Watching the NRLW at the moment and I think I'm seeing the most one-sided refereeing display in history, even the bunker are biased towards the Knights.

The rules are obviously different in the NRLW. In the NRL the player with the ball is responsible for securing the ball but in the NRLW the slightest touch by an opponent and it's a penalty.

Jeepers. Wests are nowhere near good enough to get away with apathy as well.

We could raise the bat for 100 here.

Anyone else watching this on 9? Freddy has spent most of the last hour doing his sporties gear. It’s been strangely entertaining when the contest was over within 20 minutes.

I really hope the Storm/Raiders game is on Sunday, I’m busy on Saturday :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back