NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 4. Woohoo!

The final series has just become interesting.

Going into the final round the bookies would have had Penrith as short priced favourites for the title and Melbourne as clear second favourites, but with Parramatta's win tonight, along with the wins over Penrith and the Storm earlier in the season, the bookies would have to have them as third or perhaps even equal second favourites and perhaps the only team capable of stopping a Penrith/Melbourne Grand Final.

Surely we are now the dark horse for the premiership and Penrith would be under extra pressure going into the first week of the finals knowing they are playing a team that can match them and outmuscle them. And I'm sure there are some Rugby League fans would love to see a Penrith defeat next week because it will mean that the two favourites have to go the elimination route to a Grand Final although for Cronulla and North Queensland it will mean that both are on their side of finals bracket.

yeah that first final between parra and penrith gona be interesting. if Penrith win that I reakon they go on and win easy. But anything can happen.

After tonight's result, the first week of finals are basically set.

Panthers v Eels
Sharks v Cowboys in Sydney
Storm v Raiders/Broncos
Roosters v Rabbitohs

Sharks would have to lose to Knights for their game vs Cowboys to be in Townsville instead

With Rabbitohs v Roosters to play friday night and then again first week of finals, expecting a war of attrition -- whoever comes out healthier friday night will have the leg up following week.

After tonight's result, the first week of finals are basically set.

Panthers v Eels
Sharks v Cowboys in Sydney
Storm v Raiders/Broncos
Roosters v Rabbitohs

Sharks would have to lose to Knights for their game vs Cowboys to be in Townsville instead

With Rabbitohs v Roosters to play friday night and then again first week of finals, expecting a war of attrition -- whoever comes out healthier friday night will have the leg up following week.

Panthers
Sharks
Storm
Roosters

Panthers
Sharks
Storm
Roosters
Storm been in a funk on offense the last few weeks, but the way they finished that game vs Eels should give hope they can shake it off in time for the finals.

But i wouldnt be surprised if the Raiders beat them. Broncos been real bad for a month now so maybe they wouldnt, tho they do have weapons and playmakers if they sneak in and fix themselves.

Storm been in a funk on offense the last few weeks, but the way they finished that game vs Eels should give hope they can shake it off in time for the finals.

But i wouldnt be surprised if the Raiders beat them. Broncos been real bad for a month now so maybe they wouldnt, tho they do have weapons and playmakers if they sneak in and fix themselves.

Raiders have won 5 games in a row and still look s**t, if that´s possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’ll be interesting as you’ll probably play them again in 2 weeks in a knockout final!
If parramatta lose week 1 they will play winner of Melbourne v Canberra/Brisbane in week 2 so avoid souths at that stage.

The earliest we could play Souths is the prelim is if parra win next week and souths get to week 3.

We're the Roosters bitch too.
Any time we play the Bunnies, Eagles or Rooters, I know we're in trouble.
Nobody troubles parra like souths.

Parra have knocked Roosters off last couple of years but long term record isn't great not as bad souths though.

Manly/Parra rivalry is pretty even these days got them twice this year and won with Jake Arthur at Halfback who is as useless as **** on a bull.

If Munster isn't there I just don't know where there points come from. He didn't play well last night but it wasn't through a lack of trying things.

There champion forward pack is ageing and just can't keep up with the youth of panthers and power of Eels.

If Munster isn't there I just don't know where there points come from. He didn't play well last night but it wasn't through a lack of trying things.

There champion forward pack is ageing and just can't keep up with the youth of panthers and power of Eels.
They were on fire thru the season, just last few weeks the offensive imagination/flair was in a rut. Then it looked like it was starting to come together late vs Eels. Maybe they went into their shell, playing too safe and defensive. They need to let their hair out more

If parramatta lose week 1 they will play winner of Melbourne v Canberra/Brisbane in week 2 so avoid souths at that stage.

The earliest we could play Souths is the prelim is if parra win next week and souths get to week 3.

I was talking about Melbourne in relation to the comment that Parra dominate them in regular season but don’t win the finals.

One of my best mates is a Souths fan, he's like "you better not see us in finals lad".
I totally agree. I want the Storm and Penrith. The Cowboys/Sharks are a hard match up for us.
Well since 2006 only 3 occasions has the team who has knocked Melbourne out not won the comp.

2011 - NZ Warriors
2013 - Newcastle
2014 - Canterbury

Everyone else who has knocked Melbourne out or beaten them in GF has won the comp.

2006 - Brisbane
2008 - Manly
2015 - North Queensland
2016 - Cronulla
2018 & 2019 - Sydney Roosters
2021 - Penrith

So history shows if you knock Melbourne out you should win the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back