Prediction Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Who would you choose in the Mis-Season Draft: Multiple selections allowed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

* players must have previously nominated for the NAB AFL Draft, or had previously been on the list of an AFL club

im sure they nominated for the draft.
2018 nominations is what I saw, think Bull and Brolic don't meet the criteria based on that

Also think if we'd wanted Gasper we'd have him already.

It's great to throw up names but are they actually eligible, if not may as well leave them off the list

Can't we do that anyway without listing them (like we are doing with Reeves)
You need permission for them to train

And as we've seen training and match day are different things, they can't play if they aren't on the list

If we are thinking about adding a rookie or 2 to fill the spots left by Langford and Mitchell this year we should do it now, not mid season

Forgot the GOAT Mitchell spent a year running around the VFL after being overlooked, find the next Sam Mitchell simples.

Our midfield has always had its detractors. See Mitchell even last year, every reason under the sun given that he shouldn’t be the medalist.

Then as soon as they retire bam irreplaceable.

Sam Mitchell. Moved to west coast and all of a sudden he’s in the best 50 players in the last 25 years. Where’d that come from?

Key defender and inside mid please.

Definitely Ned Reeves, please.
Not because we particularly need him right now, but because, if we don't take this opportunity under the SSP to grab him, we'll lose him to another club in the 2019 draft - because he's got so much freaking potential.
Someone will correct me if I've misunderstood the situation.

I'd like someone to compare him with Max Gawn at the same age - Houdinihuddo?

No doubt Reeves is being considered as a project player because of his size. Not too many blokes 208cm available so there is no harm taking a medium term view and rookieing him if they think he can develop.
I wouldn’t expect too much in the short term unless you are. City Oval regular.
Good luck to the kid.

You need permission for them to train

And as we've seen training and match day are different things, they can't play if they aren't on the list

If we are thinking about adding a rookie or 2 to fill the spots left by Langford and Mitchell this year we should do it now, not mid season

Yep. Bring 'em in now.

Mitch Grigg looks impressive, though I've only seen the highlight reel.

I think Mitch Grigg is an absolute no brainer - he was going ok at the crows when delisted & has been smashing it at SANFL level since

Adelaide Hawk would have seen a lot of him as a Norwood tragic

Not a Norwood tragic but a fan that has watched a heap of his games over the last 2 years since i moved here. Would certainly love to have him at Hawthorn, especially for a year. Would be a solid contributor. As long as he can still fly back and play for Norwood when not playing for Hawthorn ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Grigg if the coaches believe we have a chance to compete in september.

Always thought the knock on Grigg was that his disposal is fairly average and that he is a better player at state level due to the slower pace. He physically also looks like he's been in a good paddock (yes yes I remember Dew). But Dew had the huge left boot. Grigg doesn't have a standout attribute and I have doubts that he's up to the top level now or surely another of the 17 clubs would have taken him as a rookie by now?

From what I remember, Grigg has a big left boot but he's pretty slow and lacks agility. But I think the biggest knock was that he's a fair way up himself and lazy, especially when it comes to training standards. If that is the case, I'd imagine that's why no one has taken a look despite dominating the SANFL.

From what I remember, Grigg has a big left boot but he's pretty slow and lacks agility. But I think the biggest knock was that he's a fair way up himself and lazy, especially when it comes to training standards. If that is the case, I'd imagine that's why no one has taken a look despite dominating the SANFL.

Could be. Word gets around about players like that, and might explain why he's still at state level. There are plenty of naturally talented players who aren't in the big leagues as they lacked the right attitude, whilst there are plenty who aren't naturally gifted, but have the right stuff in the attitude department.

I'm sure Hawthorn will pass on him, if this is the case. He's old enough to be passed that.

His kicking didn't look great in the games I saw on TV last year, many times scrubbing kicks and not hitting up targets on the move. He did get a lot of the ball though so the casual observer sees the stat line and thinks it was a sound performance. It also helps having Paddy, Joel, Mitch and Junior in the team to take the focus away but by mid year, he was getting the 2nd inside Mid position with Joel of the HBF and Gary HFF and Mitch on the Wing.

Could Cousins perform the same role if given the chance now TOM is out? I'd like to see the brains trust give him the opportunity

Mitch Grigg if the coaches believe we have a chance to compete in september.
Said to not have a very strong defensive side I've since read. Can't see Clarkson signing off on someone who runs one way, in fact I doubt he'd even contemplate him(like all other clubs).

Said to not have a very strong defensive side I've since read. Can't see Clarkson signing off on someone who runs one way, in fact I doubt he'd even contemplate him(like all other clubs).

Agree tbh, I have read multiple reports that he is aerobically poor also as well as having suspect attitude. All points to a no

Back