precieved favouritism of umpiring Bulldogs games

Remove this Banner Ad

let me re-phrase the fact that you've been posting incessantly on the topic since last year, carrying the argument of lopsided free kick counts and bolstering your argument using the rationale & commentary of other bigfooty posters from opposition groups to repeat the same ideology that everything was rigged to ensure we won a grand final.

There is no mass conspiracy theory on the contrary to your innuendo. But as I said in a round about way opinions are like backsides to which everyone has one, as do you.

You've used a lot of big words to say very little again.

What happened today against Brisbane just backed up what I said about the GF, the umpires carried you over the line as they have a boner for the Bulldogs.

I know it hurts to admit that I'm right but I am in this case.

You've used a lot of big words to say very little again.

What happened today against Brisbane just backed up what I said about the GF, the umpires carried you over the line as they have a boner for the Bulldogs.

I know it hurts to admit that I'm right but I am in this case.

You know very little about football.

You know very little about football.

Why do I know very little about football?

It seems to be Bulldogs supporters stock response when they can't argue against facts like free kick statistics along with "so salty lol".

I'm yet to see a Bulldogs supporter or Hawks or West Coast supporter give a rational argument for why they have been kissed on the dick by the umpires.

It seems to be Bulldogs supporters stock response when they can't argue against facts like free kick statistics along with "so salty lol".

I'm yet to see a Bulldogs supporter or Hawks or West Coast supporter give a rational argument for why they have been kissed on the dick by the umpires.
Eagles have a big different between for/against because they tackle weakly so they don't give away many. Don't have stats but I'm sure someone does

Why do I know very little about football?.
Because you've never produced a single rational argument to support your opinion. You don't produce examples of bad decisions when asked. You rely on a free kick differential in one quarter but ignore it in the next. You ignore other reasons for Brisbane losing the game such as fatigue and players suffering some knocks during the game. You ignore that Brisbane was incredibly efficient in the first half to the point of being unsustainable and the Dogs were extremely inefficient so that gap was always going to close. In the 3rd quarter the game was played in the Dogs half for 2/3 of the time with the Dogs having over 30 more possessions but you want to attribute that to umpiring. In short you know very little about football because you demonstrate that you do by showing a complete inability to analyse anything and only just say 'but the free kick count'. Put up some genuine analysis or just shut up on this topic. 118 posts without a single rational point.

Because you've never produced a single rational argument to support your opinion. You don't produce examples of bad decisions when asked. You rely on a free kick differential in one quarter but ignore it in the next. You ignore other reasons for Brisbane losing the game such as fatigue and players suffering some knocks during the game. You ignore that Brisbane was incredibly efficient in the first half to the point of being unsustainable and the Dogs were extremely inefficient so that gap was always going to close. In the 3rd quarter the game was played in the Dogs half for 2/3 of the time with the Dogs having over 30 more possessions but you want to attribute that to umpiring. In short you know very little about football because you demonstrate that you do by showing a complete inability to analyse anything and only just say 'but the free kick count'. Put up some genuine analysis or just shut up on this topic. 118 posts without a single rational point.

So I'm supposed to rate the opinion of someone that doesn't understand the importance of paragraphs?

I don't think so.

You know nothing at all if you think umpiring is the be all and end all in footy.

Nothing.

No. Bulldogs do it worse than any other team by far. Teams hold 'sightly' in marking contests all the time, however Bulldogs do it at stoppages and aren't being pulled up for it when they should be.

So you are saying we hold "slightly" worse than all other teams by far?

Man, this is getting weird.

Plugger spent a Saturday night bitching about the umpiring in a game not involving his team. Like he has most nights and days since he joined Bigfooty.

Is there any joy in your life plugger?

That's a bit rich coming from a guy that sticks his nose into every St Kilda thread, including our match threads, just to sink the boots in to us.

I get joy from watching St Kilda win, hopefully we have a win against Geelong today but we can't rely on being carried to a win by the umpires like your mob.

You know nothing at all if you think umpiring is the be all and end all in footy.

Nothing.

I don't think the umpiring is the be all and end all in footy but it's a big factor in AFL games, moreso than any other sport I watch which is why I and other people complain so much about it.

I also watch WAFL games, EPL games and Super Rugby games and very rarely complain about the umpiring or refereeing or think it decided results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit rich coming from a guy that sticks his nose into every St Kilda thread, including our match threads, just to sink the boots in to us.

If it is not the Saints you can back it in it will be a Patrick Cripps rant!

Yet he labels others as having agendas on here..... :rolleyes:

Pots and Kettles and all that i suppose.

If it is not the Saints you can back it in it will be a Patrick Cripps rant!

Yet he labels others as having agendas on here..... :rolleyes:

Pots and Kettles and all that i suppose.

It's funny how anal you are on any board you mod yet you post such puerile personal rubbish here.

It's funny how anal you are on any board you mod yet you post such puerile personal rubbish here.

They are your own posts for all to see so no use crying wolf playing the personal attack card.

Nothing wrong with being called out for what you post on here when you lay the boots into others.

They are your own posts for all to see so no use crying wolf playing the personal attack card.

Nothing wrong with being called out for what you post on here when you lay the boots into others.

Look at you turning this into a bigger shitfight than it already was.

I guess you don't have the power to just shut down any discussion you don't like here (fortunately for you no precious Carlton player is being talked about) so this is all you can do

Don't bother replying, I'd have you on ignore if that hall monitor badge you have didn't prevent me. I'm not derailing this thread any further than the mess it already was

I don't think the umpiring is the be all and end all in footy but it's a big factor in AFL games, moreso than any other sport I watch which is why I and other people complain so much about it.

I also watch WAFL games, EPL games and Super Rugby games and very rarely complain about the umpiring or refereeing or think it decided results.

No it's not.

It's mitigated by dozens of other incidents in a game. To blame frees for a loss, or to think there's an umpiring agenda within any game, when decisions are made in a split second, is completely ridiculous.

In my 200+ games, not once in any game - as player, captain or coach - did I know the free kick count. Not once did I care.
It's a minor part of any game and when rolled in with things like shepherds, tap ons, running patterns, tackles, hit outs, positioning at stoppages, kicking accuracy, human error, relative marking abilities, second third and fourth efforts, the bounce of an oval shaped ball, aggression at contests and at opponents, the number of scrimmages, relatives speeds of the players and coaching decisions, to name a few, it is just part of a very intricate tapestry. Much more intricate than any other football code, given the speed at which it's played.

If you want to single out one factor like free kicks, go right ahead.

But under no circumstances should you ever claim to know anything about football if you do.

Blaming results on umpiring decisions is what salty supporters do when they try to justify their team's loss.

It's nothing more than an excuse for their team's deficiencies.

Last edited:
No it's not.

It's mitigated by dozens of other incidents in a game. To blame frees for a loss, or to think there's an umpiring agenda within any game, when decisions are made in a split second, is completely ridiculous.

In my 200+ games, not once in any game - as player, captain or coach - did I know the free kick count. Not once did I care.
It's a minor part of any game and when rolled in with things like shepherds, tap ons, running patterns, tackles, hit outs, positioning at stoppages, kicking accuracy, human error, relative marking abilities, second third and fourth efforts, the bounce of an oval shaped ball, aggression at contests and at opponents, the number of scrimmages, relatives speeds of the players and coaching decisions, to name a few, it is just part of a very intricate tapestry. Much more intricate than any other football code, given the speed at which it's played.

If you want to single out one factor like free kicks, go right ahead.

But under no circumstances should you ever claim to know anything about football if you do.

Blaming results on umpiring decisions is what salty supporters do when they try to justify their team's loss.

It's nothing more than an excuse for their team's deficiencies.

So Bulldogs supporters never blamed losing the 2009 prelim final against us on umpiring?

Oh wait, hang on, yes they did for about 7 years before they became the umpires pets and started to defend the umpiring.

Get off your high horse FFS, you and your Bulldogs supporter base are no better or more knowledgeable than anyone else just because your team won a flag.

You got more free kicks when it mattered in the 3rd quarter to get you back in the game and then the umpires evened it up a bit in the last quarter once you had a win in the bag.
How many times did Brisbane kick the ball OOF in the 3rd qtr? I counted 4 times (might have been more), so there goes the lopsided free kick differential for that qtr and your flimsy argument goes puff in smoke. Last week against North we got 8 frees for OOF, so in real terms removing OOF the free kick differential was 19-7 North's way, but this doesn't suit your narrative. As such your argument on this topic is completely baseless and without any foundation whatsoever because your representation of facts and stats are selective so as to only highlight your distorted narrative.

It is incredibly dull listening to the same drivel time and again about number of frees without any discussion about any specific incidents of conjecture. The number of frees as a stat means absolutely nothing. Players play to the whistle and very quickly move on - be nice if supporters did as well.

Last edited:
So Bulldogs supporters never blamed losing the 2009 prelim final against us on umpiring?

Oh wait, hang on, yes they did for about 7 years before they became the umpires pets and started to defend the umpiring.

Get off your high horse FFS, you and your Bulldogs supporter base are no better or more knowledgeable than anyone else just because your team won a flag.

Not all Bulldog supporters. Stupid statement.

Ever thought of taking your own advice?

You know nothing about football.

Absolutely nothing.

That or their salty line, guilt i guess

Its a rort week after week, still cant draw a crowd despite all this assistance

I don't know who the bulldogs have head*ed more, plugger, the swans or your good self.

Dogs top three in the league for attendance this year.

I don't know who the bulldogs have head****ed more, plugger, the swans or your good self.

That will change after the remaining teams play there Round 5 games, but still way more than Sydney.

How many times did Brisbane kick the ball OOF in the 3rd qtr? I counted 4 times (might have been more), so there goes the lopsided free kick differential for that qtr and your flimsy argument goes puff in smoke. Last week against North we got 8 frees for OOF, so in real terms removing OOF the free kick differential was 19-7 North's way, but this doesn't suit your narrative. As such your argument on this topic is completely baseless and without any foundation whatsoever because your representation of facts and stats are selective so as to only highlight your distorted narrative.

It is incredibly dull listening to the same drivel time and again about number of frees without any discussion about any specific incidents of conjecture. The number of frees as a stat means absolutely nothing. Players play to the whistle and very quickly move on - be nice if supporters did as well.

Pretty sure out on the full free kicks don't count in the free kick stats but even if they do it still doesn't account for the lopsided free kick count in your favour.

You got given another armchair ride to ensure Bob Murphy had a win for his 300th and the media could continue with their Bulldogs and Bob circle jerk.

I don't know who the bulldogs have head****ed more, plugger, the swans or your good self.

I guess all the Hawthorn bandwagoners of the past few years have swapped their Hawthorn jumpers and scarves for Bulldogs ones now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back