Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive noticed this past week or so quite a lot of ALP electronic advertising be it free to air tv or on every YouTube video you run.

Yet hardly heard a peep from the Libs

Is state labors war chest $$$ simply far greater than Liberals?
Liberals may be using robospam website “vote4change “. However there isn’t any attribution or contact or “authorised by” so could also be random spam. One message had a hyperlink so could also be a phishing. When I complained to vec they said it wasn’t a breach but I will mention the lack of “authorised by”

Can not like this enough! Take the time, show your own initiative and put a number in any box. Yes it's a pain in the a** (will be interesting to see how large the ballot paper is!) but it's the way it should be done!
Can also choose to flake out by numbering only 5 boxes below line to be valid then you are truly saying none of the rest

For the first time in living memory I'll actually be glad when one of the 2 major parties wins government. I was sceptical about the Andrews government as I am of all governments but he has really won me over in the last 12 months. His government actually has runs on the board with developing infrastructure and services instead of just lip service and spending money on commissions to develop findings. He has a long term vision for the state which is the first time I think I've ever been able to say that (well, I guess Kennett had a long term vision too but it was in the other direction). He seems like a guy who just wants to get things done. All this construction creates jobs too.

I'll still vote a minor party or independent as first preference as I'm in a safe ALP seat but will be happy when Andrews is announced for a second term about 7pm.

It's really surprising how much effort the Liberals waste in safe seats unless their internal polling for Bass shows they're ******. Come to think of it could Guy's planning fiasco on Phillip Island have poisoned the well?

I'm not a long term resident so I don't know what to go is down here. Andrews/Labor were down here recently talking about a hospital in Cowes and a public secondary school for the island, that's good enough for me. I really don't care about what goes on in Melbourne.

I just went "all loco baby" and numbered the 5 labor senators with my 5 votes.

I want to see what an unrestrained Andrews government can do. A different approach to my usual PC shitstorm. I'm hoping the greens don't stop any of his projects and he spends all the money he can on the public before the liberals get back in

I just went "all loco baby" and numbered the 5 labor senators with my 5 votes.

I want to see what an unrestrained Andrews government can do. A different approach to my usual PC shitstorm. I'm hoping the greens don't stop any of his projects and he spends all the money he can on the public before the liberals get back in
Reason then Labor (in my own order) then Greens to round out at least 10 for me.

It's really surprising how much effort the Liberals waste in safe seats unless their internal polling for Bass shows they're ******. Come to think of it could Guy's planning fiasco on Phillip Island have poisoned the well?
The 4.6% margin is deceptive. An extra 14,000 voters since 2014, almost all would live in or around Pakenham. The change in demographic favour, so it will take a relative minor swing amongst existing voters to flip the seat.

The 4.6% margin is deceptive. An extra 14,000 voters since 2014, almost all would live in or around Pakenham. The change in demographic favour, so it will take a relative minor swing amongst existing voters to flip the seat.
I do wonder how this years "Festival of the railway bus" affects the vote. People are getting quite fed up over it.

I do wonder how this years "Festival of the railway bus" affects the vote. People are getting quite fed up over it.
If anything it should increase the Labor vote given that it they're actually making major upgrades unlike the usual "Festival of the railway bus" caused by the system breaking down cause somebody looked at it funny or some reject tried to beat the train at a level crossing.

Short term pain for long term pain. Labor was smart / lucky enough to have the majority of works completed by August, with the next round not to commence until after the election. This gives people sometime to forget the distributions and sometime to appreciate the progress that has already been made.

Five and a half hour shift at a booth. Finally finish, and go to grab a snag...

No onion

No mustard

Really cheap below Coles cheapy snags grade

Disappointed :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No onion

No mustard

No onion provided at the sausage sizzle or had they just run out?

Neither are an appropriate situation but if they weren't available at all that is just madness pure and simple

No onion provided at the sausage sizzle or had they just run out?

Neither are an appropriate situation but if they weren't available at all that is just madness pure and simple

Never offered it, onion makes a cheap snag tasty - why go cheap arse?!?!?

No onion

No mustard

My booth were sweating on if the mum they sent off to get more sausages would be back before they ran out.

If anything it should increase the Labor vote given that it they're actually making major upgrades unlike the usual "Festival of the railway bus" caused by the system breaking down cause somebody looked at it funny or some reject tried to beat the train at a level crossing.
This time is a little different. There is something like over 100 days of disruption. Something thats never happened.
The footy season alone there were less weeks with train running than not .
People only have so much tolerance for it. Its part why theyre throwing in free travel for Decembers shutdown.
Short term pain for long term pain. Labor was smart / lucky enough to have the majority of works completed by August, with the next round not to commence until after the election. This gives people sometime to forget the distributions and sometime to appreciate the progress that has already been made.
We wont really know if its worth it until 2024 when the tunnel opens. That work starts up soon. Then theres the level crossing removals of South Gippsland Hwy, Clyde Road, Hallam Road and if Labor get in Webster Steet, Cardina Road, McGregor Road and Racecourse road.

A lot of disruption and a lot of waste given very new signalling/overhead and track will have to be ripped out and replaced that had a lot of disruption to put it all in in the first place.

East Melbourne Booth

Sausage: Glorious Meatsmith(!) snag and full of flavour
Onions: Plentiful and cooked to translucent perfection
Bread: Bakery bread. Fresh crisp crust with a pillowy soft centre
Sauces: Full suite of Master Foods accoutrements
OH&S: Fully compliant

14/10. Would vote again

This time is a little different. There is something like over 100 days of disruption. Something thats never happened.
The footy season alone there were less weeks with train running than not .
People only have so much tolerance for it. Its part why theyre throwing in free travel for Decembers shutdown.

We wont really know if its worth it until 2024 when the tunnel opens. That work starts up soon. Then theres the level crossing removals of South Gippsland Hwy, Clyde Road, Hallam Road and if Labor get in Webster Steet, Cardina Road, McGregor Road and Racecourse road.

A lot of disruption and a lot of waste given very new signalling/overhead and track will have to be ripped out and replaced that had a lot of disruption to put it all in in the first place.
All the Dandenong line works included signalling upgrades so shouldn't need to be done again when the tunnel opens.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

All the Dandenong line works included signalling upgrades so shouldn't need to be done again when the tunnel opens.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Im talking between Dandenong-Pakenham.

The shutdown next month is to comission new signalling and track. You can see all the new signalling equipment(new signals on tilt masts, axle counters for signals and level crossings and relay huts) ready to be switched on.
All of that will have to be tinkered with every time they remove a level crossing.

Pretty low effort by the Labor candidates here in Bendigo in today's paper... Front page has a very moving speech from the UN Executive Director for Women as part of White Ribbon day and there is a bloody "Vote Labor" sticker plastered over the top of it (with the 2 candidates names in Bendigo East and Bendigo West, who both just happen to be women). To try and politicise a serious topic like domestic violence ON ELECTION DAY is up there with Mediscare in terms of low blows... The sticker actually covers up part of the text from the speech FFS!!!

Is there a picture of the front page? I wouldn't be surprised if White Ribbon Day was factored in to setting the date of the election in the first place, but on the surface that sounds like it could be a coincidence to me. There's people who probably know more about this than me, but wouldn't the ALP have locked in that advertising space weeks ago? It is election day, after all.

My voting center was 50 meters from my house. So I ignored all the cheap sausages (which are mostly ligaments and sinew) and came home to a wonderfully cooked rib eye steak with butterfriache sauce

Im talking between Dandenong-Pakenham.

The shutdown next month is to comission new signalling and track. You can see all the new signalling equipment(new signals on tilt masts, axle counters for signals and level crossings and relay huts) ready to be switched on.
All of that will have to be tinkered with every time they remove a level crossing.

I live in Beaconsfield and have come to the conclusion we shouldn't even have trains or be considered part of Melbourne. They should end at Dandenong. If we want to work in the city we drive or use vlines.

The whole area is full of low-middle class tradies/jims dog wash franchises who usually inherit daddy's franchise and vote nats or whatever. Improving rail between Narre Warren and Pakenham will only benefit 0.5% of people here who actually work in the city. It will mainly benefit a shitload of 15 year olds who want to go to the city and get trashed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back