Preview Preliminary Final: Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - 7:50 PM Friday the 16th of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I really get banned?

Seriously!?
Hope you don't get banned beardancer - i quite like your posts. Perhaps be a bit more positive about Joe from time to time and maybe the criticism from time to time wont be so bad. I agree tho, he can be frustrating b/c he is a tall afterall that wants to play small and when hes bad, he's bad, but then he has those magic moments that only Joe is capable of and you kinda ignore everything else.

I think he needs his shoulder fixed tho, hasn't been quite the same since that injury, but he'll be back in 23 better than ever.:thumbsu:

I say let him go.
His foot skills are too good to just let him roam free up the ground, he would cut us up. I think he is too athletic for Andrews so Payne gets first go I guess. Very concerning match up as im not sure any of our defenders can physically go with him (aside from Starcevich but he's too small).
Andrews deep on Hawkins probably suits the way we want Andrews to play.

What were the comments?

Coleman is great, seeing him live, the way he commands the field and is so composed coming out of the back line, future captain material that kid

Cant find the link for the article but:

Lions to stay brave against Cats​

Keidean Coleman has signalled Brisbane's intent to remain brave with its ball use against Geelong after the risks were rewarded against Melbourne.

The Lions surged from behind to beat the Demons in last Friday's semi-final, lifting their defensive pressure and backing themselves to move through the middle of the ground rather than bomb to the flanks.

On a 14-game winning streak, the Cats will be favourites to win Friday's preliminary final.

But Coleman said his side's approach in wins over Richmond and Melbourne had built confidence.

"If we don't take it up in this game we'd be second guessing ourselves (in the off-season) about why we didn't," he said of the thinking behind aggressive ball use in the second half against the Demons.

"It's finals footy; you might as well take the risk to get the reward. And we took the risks and it helped us in the end."

Coleman admitted it would take all their courage to continue from the first bounce at the MCG on Friday.

"Every finals game in the first five or 10 minutes the heat's going to be there. But we need to try and, if it's there, we take it on," he said. - AAP

Triple M Midweek rub tips.

Leigh Montagna- Brisbane are no chance, this is a blow out.
Dale Thomas- Yer Cats by 8 or more goals.
Ross Lyon- Cats will be steeled they will get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this, just adds to the underdog status we have loved these past couple of weeks. Honestly the team has not look as energised all season as in the finals, and I think this group is hungry as to go all the way. It's not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog. We got plenty of fight so bring on Friday night! 🦁🦁🦁

I'm getting the vibe, though it blackens my tongue to say it, of Port 2004 about us.

A few years of finals experience, some chastening failures, but overall a more youthful side than their older, wiser battle-hardened opponents. Admittedly we were battered and bruised that day beyond what I suspect Geelong's in-house injury list might report on them now. That being said, with Cameron apparently being 100% right, having had 1 game of footy in the past fortnight and when most recently training doesn't do any running, I get conflicting messages. Its a footy truism to not play injured players, but even Matthews admits you have faith in the older, wiser players because they've proven time and again they can get the job done - until they can't.

Eventually, even the old bull must fall to the younger, hungrier challenger.

If it is wet, Payne needs to be replaced by Lester or McStay playing in defence. Payne’s work on the deck and his physical presence do not warrant selection.

Ooo spicy, based on this I wonder if if we win we might get treated to a trademark “David King and Leigh Montagna visibly holding back tears” moment like we did a couple weeks ago

I'm getting the vibe, though it blackens my tongue to say it, of Port 2004 about us.

A few years of finals experience, some chastening failures, but overall a more youthful side than their older, wiser battle-hardened opponents. Admittedly we were battered and bruised that day beyond what I suspect Geelong's in-house injury list might report on them now. That being said, with Cameron apparently being 100% right, having had 1 game of footy in the past fortnight and when most recently training doesn't do any running, I get conflicting messages. Its a footy truism to not play injured players, but even Matthews admits you have faith in the older, wiser players because they've proven time and again they can get the job done - until they can't.

Eventually, even the old bull must fall to the younger, hungrier challenger.
Someone needs to get Fages a Lion's Tie to wear on GF day so he can do an updated chokers routine for us ;)

Dunno if you guys know this but Berry's had his one match ban quashed, so he's free to play this Friday. Good luck Lions!!:thumbsu:

Wow! Awesome news. Thanks for sharing mate.

Genuinely curious.

There were a lot of posters on here saying we desperately need some more speed, in particular around the midfield. And that Lyons and Mathieson should make way to make that happen.

Would you say that was a fair thing to agitate for? And that Lyons played for too long, particularly given he apparently had OP?
I think the team always needs to evolve at times in each season and in each year. When that time is should be determined by many situations & circmstances that is deemed by coach's, players & people high up in the administration of the club. We as supporters always have hindsight that our club doesn't and with that comes the "told you so" smart cookies that knew it before Fagan or anyone else thought of it. Bahahahaha.
I have said all along, The Brisbane Lions are extremely lucky to have Fagan, Daly, Swan & Wellington as the people who represent the club we all love. I also have said that more gratitude & respect should be given to these guys and sometimes it's easy to forget the joy & excitement these guys (along with the players) have brought us. They have changed the club in a significantly positive way and we should all recognize that.

Go Lions.

You again.

Why don't you go the other 4 lines.

Still nice to see you back.

I was worried you'd thrown the towel in.

A couple of wins has sparked you up nicely.
You repeatedly again with the same negative comments whenever you unjustifiably want to kick the club.

I have always been "sparked up" by our club whether they win or lose...... and always respect our "brains trust."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back