Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its 10mins before this monumental PF day which is bound to open wounds from 2014 expectations.

I would like to wish all you in Tigerland a the best of luck..... I hope its not a blow out for either team. It will be scrappy and bloody...

I can only hope and pray that we come out vitorious on our 150th year (some would argue that, but only the footy purerist wouldn't), 2nd time around for Ken possibly secure a 5 year contract should he come away with a Premiership.

Its the old brigrade V the younger boys who have all the makings of a back to back team, 2020-21.

Congrats to Cotchin on his 250th game, wish him all the best!

The team who settles first, wins. It will be won in the coaches box this one....

Good Luck all.....
May the best side win.
And if it's you guys plz wear your traditional Port Jumper to piss Eddie off next week.:thumbsu:

After feeling negative earlier in the week, I’m now feeling quietly confident about our chances tonight.
With the shortened quarters I think the momentum of playing consecutive games over the last few weeks will be an advantage for us, considering it’s allowed Prestia and co more time to get back to their best, and also taking into account the Saints game wasn’t exactly a hard slog. The effect of only two games in a month on Port will be interesting to see, given a strong start to either side will likely be important to the result. We also have the players to match their midfield, which is their greatest strength. Neutralise their midfield, and their forwards won’t get a sniff, and their defence will break.
Port have immense pressure on them to win, this is their most important match for years and their greatest test this season. And they haven’t played us yet at anywhere near our best.
The bottom line is if we get our game going, especially early in the match, they will have to play better than they have all year to beat us.

Agree mate, 1 game in 24 days is huge. Remember last year, we had the same break and cats got the jump. Outside the first 5 minutes which is fueled with nerves the tigers went flat for a quarter which is typical for sides with such a long break. If the cats had of taken there opportunities it could have been larger then a 25 point chase. It was only the second half we snapped back into our real form.

Now with shorten quarters, if we match them early I seriously believe if we take our opportunities we can also go into half time with a 20-35 point lead, do that we win as they dont have longer quarters to catch us.

May the best side win.
And if it's you guys plz wear your traditional Port Jumper to piss Eddie off next week.:thumbsu:

Port fans don't like to admit this, but their original guernsey (before the prison bars) was pink!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans don't like to admit this, but their original guernsey (before the prison bars) was pink!
I think you will find a thread on our jumpers.
Yes, we had a striped purple and pink in one of our first jumpers, however back in the early 1900’s they changed to black and white because the colour was cheaper being black only on white cotton. That’s what I am lead to believe. From there it’s been different versions.
That’s a bit of trivia... I will close the door behind me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back