Discussion Preliminary Final: St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

And let Hudson carry all the ruckwork against King and Gardiner??? Surely not. IF it turns out to be true id expect Skipper to come in.

Fev also gave a fair bit of credit to Max. If he was playing he would rather play Dawson.
Guess thats why Zac is in. we're not playing carlton

the dogs don't have a power forward, hence why zac stays

minson out for skipper it seems..

I feel sick and i can't sleep. And we're what still 20 hrs away. Le sigh.
And im moving tommorow, no internet, no live footy, no bigfooty. At least if we lose i can do the dog thing and not come back until it settles. :(
Vomit.

And a royal STFU to Channel 7, arseholes.

Seriously? :)
Are you sure you wouldn't mind?

Anyone else finding it hard to concentrate at school/work. Impossible. Like during my English SAC all i could think about was the pure awsomeness if we win tommorow night. Then the hype and the parade and the hype of GF week. And the grand final, what im going to do, where etc. Images of the confetti machine thingo spraying out red white and black paper.... Im way too far ahead of myself. Like geez we still have to win tomorrow night first. But Im way too condfident this week, and that's defintley NOT a good thing. It's like a jinx. Normally when i get confident we play like a heap of s**t. So tense and im rambling.

Guess thats why Zac is in. we're not playing carlton

the dogs don't have a power forward, hence why zac stays

minson out for skipper it seems..

Well I reckon Brad Johnson would be a relieved man too without Max in the team, he's shut him down a few times. Anyway the selectors have shown faith in Zac so let's hope he is up to the job tomorrow night.

Interesting one with Minson, could be a bit of a blow for the Dogs if he's out. He's no superstar but he still plays a pretty important 2nd ruck/forward role. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play though, they'll jab him up if they have to.

I have heard that Minson has missed both Tuesday's and Thursday's training sessions this week due to his painful "stubbed" toe.

I wonder how much his selection is mind games

Well I reckon Brad Johnson would be a relieved man too without Max in the team, he's shut him down a few times. Anyway the selectors have shown faith in Zac so let's hope he is up to the job tomorrow night.

Interesting one with Minson, could be a bit of a blow for the Dogs if he's out. He's no superstar but he still plays a pretty important 2nd ruck/forward role. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play though, they'll jab him up if they have to.

Johnson is playing further up the ground these days, so Max probably wouldn't have got him.

I'm surprised Skipper has been named as an emergency. Has played on only one game in the past 2 seasons (none this year), and named as an emergency twice this year. The Dogs obviously feel that Everitt (who rucked against the Pies in Rnd 22) would be giving away too much in height and weight and won't be able to make it up around the ground. Given all of this, I'm thinking it's more likely Minson won't play than will play simply because of the listing of Skipper.

Johnson is playing further up the ground these days, so Max probably wouldn't have got him.

I'm surprised Skipper has been named as an emergency. Has played on only one game in the past 2 seasons (none this year), and named as an emergency twice this year. The Dogs obviously feel that Everitt (who rucked against the Pies in Rnd 22) would be giving away too much in height and weight and won't be able to make it up around the ground. Given all of this, I'm thinking it's more likely Minson won't play than will play simply because of the listing of Skipper.

it could be that Eade is trying to play games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its official nervs are in, also are going to game tonight and had some scaffold fall from under my feet through the week and did a bit of damage to the nether region so will have probably stay seated the whole game.

No mutual feelings towards the bulldogs, stuff em.
Stuff Brad Johnson i hope somebody wipes that stupid smile off his face.

No mutual feelings towards the bulldogs, stuff em.
Stuff Brad Johnson i hope somebody wipes that stupid smile off his face.

Well at least you know if someone does wipe the smile off his face - he will go down like a ton of bricks. He seems to do that at least once a match these days :rolleyes:

Either way it's a plus, and a huge advantage for our midfield.

If Minson plays, he plays while not being right, and he's not a superstar anyway.

If Skipper plays, he's played one AFL game in two years, and now gets thrown into a Preliminary Final against King and Gardiner.

If Williams plays, then Hudson rucks at least 75% of the game, probably more like 85%, while King and Gardiner will play probably just over 100% between them (some Kosi spelling by Gardiner will surely happen).

Haha, if you really want some random kid on the internet to know your phone number, I'm fine with it. :thumbsu:

PM me your number if sooo.

And please don't be on 3, cos I can't guarantee I won't call you tomorrow night. :D
I'll live. Even though my stranger danger is going off the charts.
See how desperate i am, willing to hand it out to a random interwebz stranger.
If you really are some 37yo man with 18 cats as companionship, i can just put out $2. Sim cards are cheap now days. :)

Considering you know what my facebook username is, I'm pretty sure you can check that I am...err...not*. ;)

Lol I'll delete your number after the game, unless you wanna catch up for a coffee...?

:D

Why don't you two hook up, you both support StKilda, the rest of it dosn't matter so much, ie looks personality.:thumbsu:

Loosen the sinews, summon the blood
Disguise fair nature with hard favoured rage!
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect,
Let it pry through the portage of the head
Like a brass cannon. let the brow overwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
Now set the teeth, and stretch the nostril wide
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height Oh you noblest Saints!
Fathers, that like so many Baldocks
Dishonor not your mothers: now attest
And teacth them how to ROAR.
The game's afoot
Follow your spirit and upon this charge
Cry Rage for Rossy, Victory and St Kilda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only hours until ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

See proof that i haven't looked at it. How nice am i? :)
You can do whatever you like with my number, just don't use it as the token prank number. That would be great. :thumbsu:

Back onto the game. Pressure needs to be on from the get go. If the Dogs get out to a lead early, they're almost impossible to peg back. Once again will need to man up the loose man that will sit infront of Riewoldt and Kosi. Maxwell played it quite well early on 2 weeks ago. Keep Gilbee, Cooney and Aker on a tight leash. Their run is vital to the dogs run and carry.
And would help if Milne actually did something this week. He's done jackall the past 5/6 weeks.
Pumped and scared. A big ape will be on the back for the team that loses tonight... *plz don't be us ><*

Why don't you two hook up, you both support StKilda, the rest of it dosn't matter so much, ie looks personality.:thumbsu:

Just for the sake of it I'll chime in with a "I'll fight him for her" so benchy can show some Sunbury love for once in her life or I can make her wail like a banshee for stepping foot here. Take that A2R! :p And you as well Mr matchmaker.:D

On the game, it's rather simple, we just need to do what we did the other two times in limiting what the Doggies can do with the ball when they have it. That loose man in defense I'm largely expecting to be Welsh, which isn't an issue for mine and would play into our hands considering Chips' Qualifying final as an orchestrated loose man. The forwards will need to be on song considering the Dogs are a running side from half back, which is largely where we've had them once we've gotten it and in agreeing with benchy this is Milneys lead up game to kick 5 and seal the win before kicking 10 in the GF and winning the Normy!

or faceplanting and breaking his nose in several places and pulling a Judd, either one with Milney, hopefully the former.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back