C Section Premier C 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...we are more liquid than a croc lunch. All moneys will be paid out.
Been smashed on Caul, SKOB (note the S) and earlier Ormond and Carey. Going to make a packet on Carey (thanks Carlton) and Ormond look to have very stiff comp.
I think scruff can start lining up, but I'm sure he's keen to keep the 'top' on any early celebrations. Which is the same as a lid for less scruffy folk..

If Maplebet does Multies put me down for the following

Caulfield into SKOBs into Kew for D1 2018 into Dale Thomas to play 14games.

If Maplebet does Multies put me down for the following

Caulfield into SKOBs into Kew for D1 2018 into Dale Thomas to play 14games.

$1.80 into $1.10 into $1.10 into $2.50
We offer $5.60
Just checked with Carlton2011 and he said there are a lot of kids coming through. Everything's coming up roses not Daisy's...

Combination of factors. Lost 5 quality senior players (three to retirement) who had 13 senior premierships between them as well as a handful of other fringe players and 3 of our good young blokes also made Northern Blues development list so we either get them some or weeks or not at all.

I hate to say it (and it's no excuse - just another contributing factor) but we've had a pretty horrid run with injuries and unavailability to start the season. 2 ACL's in the first week to quality senior players among other injuries, as well as a handful of guys who are unavailable due to work and family. I think in Round 2 there were up to about a dozen or more 'Best 22' (which is obviously subjective) players out, and only 6 players who played in the 2015 Premiership.

We were able to recruit to cover the lost players fairly well but just haven't had the depth to cover all of the other factors. Add to that a new coach and it suddenly becomes very difficult when you've got no continuity and have to start behind the 8-ball.

I said to a friend that asked me how we were shaping up pre-season that I thought it would take us 5-6 weeks to find our feet and it seems to be the way. I have faith that more games together between new/old players and new coach and regaining some more experienced players back will eventually lead to better results.

The last 2 weeks, on paper, look like significant defeats but in reality we were in the game or had the ascendancy for a lot of the time but struggled up forward, and then had off patches where the opposition punished us and we were never really able to get back into the game scoreboard wise. The competition has shown to be pretty even and anyone can beat anyone. I wouldn't write us, or anyone for that matter, off just yet.

So in summary, for those that will wet themselves at the mere mention of his name, no it's not just the loss of Beaser. In fact, that's one of the least contributing factors. I think just about anyone coaching under the same circumstances would be 0-4, unfortunately.
concur completely with the big horse. It is a tough position to be in, and one I haven't experienced during my time at Kew. First season was spent in the lower halves of Division 3 but we hadn't had any success for a long time. This year, after a sustained period of success, it feels quite odd. But Kew fosters a pretty exceptional community of people, as shown by the Beyondblue initiative this Saturday with their ladies' brunch.

Football wise, it is definitely coming. You can feel it in the air, and still enough quality players and inclusions to still be a factor in the shaping of Premier C for the rest of the season. Whether that results in saving our place in the Premier section remains to be seen, but we've got a young and exciting list, with an under 17s team playing for the first time.

Most people might be surprised when the first dubya comes (hopefully this week), but internally we won't. A great learning year, and a real sign that those blocks need to be built just as they have been with sides such as Caulfield, Old Geelong and Mentone, to ensure that we don't fall off a cliff when the inevitability of player turnover, injury and changes within the club hierarchy occurs.

concur completely with the big horse. It is a tough position to be in, and one I haven't experienced during my time at Kew. First season was spent in the lower halves of Division 3 but we hadn't had any success for a long time. This year, after a sustained period of success, it feels quite odd. But Kew fosters a pretty exceptional community of people, as shown by the Beyondblue initiative this Saturday with their ladies' brunch.

Football wise, it is definitely coming. You can feel it in the air, and still enough quality players and inclusions to still be a factor in the shaping of Premier C for the rest of the season. Whether that results in saving our place in the Premier section remains to be seen, but we've got a young and exciting list, with an under 17s team playing for the first time.

Most people might be surprised when the first dubya comes (hopefully this week), but internally we won't. A great learning year, and a real sign that those blocks need to be built just as they have been with sides such as Caulfield, Old Geelong and Mentone, to ensure that we don't fall off a cliff when the inevitability of player turnover, injury and changes within the club hierarchy occurs.

Fair enough ....good luck on the weekend I hope it's a competitive game and I hope your new coach doesn't go negative and let's your young guys play .

$1.80 into $1.10 into $1.10 into $2.50
We offer $5.60
Just checked with Carlton2011 and he said there are a lot of kids coming through. Everything's coming up roses not Daisy's...

Just got on in time with daisy falling on the sword today....

Frankly Scruff, if you gave Maplebet your credit card details I'd have a quick check of my account to ensure it hasn't been cleaned-out.:)

Well AM I take your advice onboard....the credit card has taken a beating over the past year or so....the advanced hair studio bills racking up after inspiration from Warnie in recent times....but always a little spare for a flutter on a sure thing...Yeah Yeah I know there's no such thing as sure thing....now moving on to my tips.

Willy.....Hampton boys will have the Melways out
Old Mentonians .....the second best side in the comp
Old Geelong...although horizontal stripes make them look a little portly
Old Haileybury ....couldn't pick OC after last week
Caulfield...only because I have to having upset a couple of the Kew boys

Well AM I take your advice onboard....the credit card has taken a beating over the past year or so....the advanced hair studio bills racking up after inspiration from Warnie in recent times....but always a little spare for a flutter on a sure thing...Yeah Yeah I know there's no such thing as sure thing....now moving on to my tips.

Willy.....Hampton boys will have the Melways out
Old Mentonians .....the second best side in the comp
Old Geelong...although horizontal stripes make them look a little portly
Old Haileybury ....couldn't pick OC after last week
Caulfield...only because I have to having upset a couple of the Kew boys

Well it's been very quiet here ...if fact so quiet I'm replying to myself.

Caulfield v Kew

It was a slow trip over to Victoria Park the traffic was awful. I don't enjoy Kew At Kew as I have found some of the supporters a little feral and often ignorant of the rules of the game. But it's a nice park and I was confident of a win.
Kew kicked to scoring end (down hill slight breeze) and I must say came to play with a spirited first quarter . The crowd was up and about and all good except for one painful supported who bashed the umpires all day giving his version of the free kick count at the top of his voice every free. I suspect he was missing a finger or two on his right hand because he didn't seem to add when Kew got a free... Caulfield did get a pretty good run but if you play in front and play the ball it's amazing how that works.
The second quarter saw Caulfield totally dominate but missing many shots . The game should have been over at half time which would have been much more pleasant for all as the Kew supporters may have calmed down a little if they weren't kept in touch. The second half saw Caulfield gradually work a larger gap in the scores but Kew certainly kept at it all day.

No Orange boots today ...seems they have been banned from senior football...they were glowing in the Magoos where I suspect they will stay for some time..

Anyone else who would like to contribute to this forum please feel free

Well it's been very quiet here ...if fact so quiet I'm replying to myself.

Caulfield v Kew

It was a slow trip over to Victoria Park the traffic was awful. I don't enjoy Kew At Kew as I have found some of the supporters a little feral and often ignorant of the rules of the game. But it's a nice park and I was confident of a win.
Kew kicked to scoring end (down hill slight breeze) and I must say came to play with a spirited first quarter . The crowd was up and about and all good except for one painful supported who bashed the umpires all day giving his version of the free kick count at the top of his voice every free. I suspect he was missing a finger or two on his right hand because he didn't seem to add when Kew got a free... Caulfield did get a pretty good run but if you play in front and play the ball it's amazing how that works.
The second quarter saw Caulfield totally dominate but missing many shots . The game should have been over at half time which would have been much more pleasant for all as the Kew supporters may have calmed down a little if they weren't kept in touch. The second half saw Caulfield gradually work a larger gap in the scores but Kew certainly kept at it all day.

No Orange boots today ...seems they have been banned from senior football...they were glowing in the Magoos where I suspect they will stay for some time..

Interesting take. It was massive day for the club with a fantastically attending Ladies Brunch and raising money for a great cause in Beyond Blue, the height of which was a very raw and emotional speech from one of our senior players about mental health.

Caulfield are a very strong club and will be top 2 or thereabouts again this season, no doubt. The scoreboard indicates Caulfield dominated but I think it was far from that. The contest was even all day but the Fields had a bit more polish and punished our turnovers better. Didn't see anything wrong with the crowd to be completely honest. If you can comment that the Kew supporters were 'feral' I question whether you were listening to the Caulfield two's and three's players behind the goal, as well. Maybe just from where you standing it seemed that way. From what I heard there was nothing feral or offensive from either side just passionate support and banter which is part on parcel of local footy.

The umpiring, well, again I wouldn't say Caulfield played in front or the ball much more than Kew throughout the whole game, just that one umpire in particular was horrendously inconsistent and perhaps overwhelmed by the pressures of Premier C. Obviously it had no bearing on the result, just very frustrating when it's as inconsistent as it was.

I also noticed a few Caulfield players in particular a couple of their forwards get very chirpy, but only the parts of the game when they had the momentum/had the game won, of course. Most teams have them and again it's all part of the game and it didn't carry on after the game, and I'm sure the leaders of the team are strong enough to keep anything silly under wraps, but as the Fields would know after last years disappointment, flags aren't won in May.

In terms of the comp. Old Haileybury, bar the one hiccup, seem to be where they would have hope to be. Caulfield, as I said, are very strong. Marcellin and Mentone look to be genuine top 4 threats. I'd almost go as far as saying the top 4 now might be the 4 finalists come seasons end. We'll see. Some staggering results every week though.

Interesting take. It was massive day for the club with a fantastically attending Ladies Brunch and raising money for a great cause in Beyond Blue, the height of which was a very raw and emotional speech from one of our senior players about mental health.

Caulfield are a very strong club and will be top 2 or thereabouts again this season, no doubt. The scoreboard indicates Caulfield dominated but I think it was far from that. The contest was even all day but the Fields had a bit more polish and punished our turnovers better. Didn't see anything wrong with the crowd to be completely honest. If you can comment that the Kew supporters were 'feral' I question whether you were listening to the Caulfield two's and three's players behind the goal, as well. Maybe just from where you standing it seemed that way. From what I heard there was nothing feral or offensive from either side just passionate support and banter which is part on parcel of local footy.

The umpiring, well, again I wouldn't say Caulfield played in front or the ball much more than Kew throughout the whole game, just that one umpire in particular was horrendously inconsistent and perhaps overwhelmed by the pressures of Premier C. Obviously it had no bearing on the result, just very frustrating when it's as inconsistent as it was.

I also noticed a few Caulfield players in particular a couple of their forwards get very chirpy, but only the parts of the game when they had the momentum/had the game won, of course. Most teams have them and again it's all part of the game and it didn't carry on after the game, and I'm sure the leaders of the team are strong enough to keep anything silly under wraps, but as the Fields would know after last years disappointment, flags aren't won in May.

In terms of the comp. Old Haileybury, bar the one hiccup, seem to be where they would have hope to be. Caulfield, as I said, are very strong. Marcellin and Mentone look to be genuine top 4 threats. I'd almost go as far as saying the top 4 now might be the 4 finalists come seasons end. We'll see. Some staggering results every week though.

Hi Workhorse

Firstly well done on your clubs contribution to the beyond blue cause ...a very good cause....

Regarding the Ferul comment I did say in the past....only one painful guy with the umpire free count....

The rest was all spirited but nothing untoward...yes our guys behind the goals were at it but again all harmless banter really .

It was testy on field all day. Both sides were hard at it ...and in one another's faces all day.

I do disagree on the result. I think Kew tried hard all day as I said but we missed a heap of sitters and the result should have been more significant.

Your efforts were certainly much better than the practice match effort....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OI versus OM.

Its hard to win when your best ruckman is missing and OM's apparently were in that position. OI were upset by the previous weeks efforts and came out strong, but we had our Old Haileybury boots on. OM capitalised on OI's errors and were at one stage 5 goals to 1 up.

OI wrestled the ascendancy back by half time, going into half time down by 6 points.

After half time, OI got their kicking boots on and took over the game. Ended up winning by 35. Hoes were happy. OM's not so.

Just don't let OM's run freely is my message for those to playing them in coming weeks.

Max "2 and 3" Leader

OI versus OM.

Its hard to win when your best ruckman is missing and OM's apparently were in that position. OI were upset by the previous weeks efforts and came out strong, but we had our Old Haileybury boots on. OM capitalised on OI's errors and were at one stage 5 goals to 1 up.

OI wrestled the ascendancy back by half time, going into half time down by 6 points.

After half time, OI got their kicking boots on and took over the game. Ended up winning by 35. Hoes were happy. OM's not so.

Just don't let OM's run freely is my message for those to playing them in coming weeks.

Max "2 and 3" Leader

If it's the same ruckman that played against us I can't see his absence being that big of a factor. Especially considering Bruno is back for you boys.

Michael Osborne (ex-Hawk) has joined Old Camberwell for those that don't have Facebook or haven't heard. Not sure what happened to OC on the weekend, either:eek:

If it's the same ruckman that played against us I can't see his absence being that big of a factor. Especially considering Bruno is back for you boys.

Michael Osborne (ex-Hawk) has joined Old Camberwell for those that don't have Facebook or haven't heard. Not sure what happened to OC on the weekend, either:eek:
According to Scruffy OH is a seriously good unit. Gave the Fielders a seeing to as well.

Notice their coach Daniel Ward is on Open Mike tomorrow night discussing his addiction issues.

I really don't think anyone could care about OC.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A 35 year old midfielder with dodgy hammies, good luck to them.

Yep I rate them .. but they had 4 or 5 VFL players in when we played them so I think 2nd time round will be a better test ....speaking of tests OM for us this week away will be another test and give an idea of who's who up the top of the ladder.

According to Scruffy OH is a seriously good unit. Gave the Fielders a seeing to as well.

Notice their coach Daniel Ward is on Open Mike tomorrow night discussing his addiction issues.

Yep I rate them .. but they had 4 or 5 VFL players in when we played them so I think 2nd time round will be a better test ....speaking of tests OM for us this week away will be another test and give an idea of who's who up the top of the ladder.
Is that at Highett Scruff ? How were the supporters at Kew last week ?

Is that at Highett Scruff ? How were the supporters at Kew last week ?

Keysborough fields Mr Bedford

Re Kew .. certainly better than their ex coach ... only one bloke who gave me the ships .. it was testy on the field .. they gave one of our blokes plenty but he was vocal also and had the last laugh kicking 5 majors .

They're certainly always passionate there

It's much nicer than the ground in the back of suburban Highett they were playing at a couple of years ago.
The Highett ground has been resurfaced and is very much like the surface at Kew. Much better than the Mentone playing fields which are a bog when it rains and has the bench areas as far away as possible from the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back