Training Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it's more he's not enough of a natural footballer to make it at AFL level. IMO he's done well to get this many games and he'll get more this season due to circumstance, but if we want to become a serious club we need to move on guys that are great athletes but can't perform in a football sense.

Yeah, this.

He's an athlete, not a footballer.

From this morning's intra-club match:
Ryan Crowley will no longer be used just in a tagging role at Essendon, with the Bombers planning for him to spend time up forward at his new club in 2016.

The former Docker proved himself dangerous in attack in Essendon's intra-club practice match at the True Value Solar Centre on Friday.

Crowley presented well on the lead as a mid-sized forward and he also took a big grab over the top of a pack early in the game, made up of three stanzas of around 25 minutes, before slotting his set shot from directly in front.

He wasn't the only top-up player to impress, with former-Cat James Kelly showing his class.

AFL.com.au's Ben Guthrie was also impressed with the pick 5 in last year's NAB AFL Draft Darcy Parish, as well as 25-year-old David Zaharakis.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-12/fridays-intraclubs-live-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went and watch today. They played an intra club. Didn't look too serious.

Things i noticed, ambrose is absolutely rubbish. Turned it over many times. Not an afl footballer.

Gach Nyuon was really good, got such a good leap. Follows up his own ruck work. He was up against the Berger. Jamar didn't take part. Will struggle with throws up and ins. But can definitely hold his own.

Zakka was good. Looks a lot fitter moved much better than last year already.

Pretty certain michael hartley and mitch brown will 110 percent play rd one. Both looked superfit and strong.

Seriously though, this seems like the first report of him even training, let alone taking part in match practice. So how did he move?

Has Leuy been doing all the training sessions or been held back a bit?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back