Put on your superman cape, its wharfie time!

Remove this Banner Ad

cheers for the video Silk,

i like what he said, "It's Wharfie Time!" should be made into a banner for the next game, and be made into our moto for our membership dive next year :)

also interesting he says that the three tier stand is our end, must be why Pav chooses that end everytime he wins the toss, to try and get the boys started with the crowd. but i would prefer it, if we went three tier stand in the last quarter, so the crowd can get the boys over the line in close games, such as in the St Kilda game in 2004 (whispers in the sky game)(Justin Longmuir goal after the siren)

Particularly early in the season the wind can be easterly early the change to a strengthening souwester by the end of the game. Thats my take on it anyway.
I reckon that "Wharfie Time" is a goer though.:p

Just love this quote so much.
I'm with you.

Whatever the context, reason, meaning or sublime message I reckon it will pop up forever and a day.
Pav if nothing else will be remembered for saying " Put on your superman cape, its wharfie time!" We have own Oscar Wilde. :)

I have a feeling McPharlin was in on it, he had a silly grin on his face in the huddle and kept looking down to try and hide it.

It is brilliant stuff, exactly the kind of reason why I love Freo, we're not your average club.

Apparently Pav said something along those lines before the game.

Along with the usual crap; head over the ball etc.

Its a bit out there. But if it fires up the boys, why not.
I heard it before the game. Thought it was a classic comment. Good on him for getting the team feeling good to hit the packs early on.

Has Pav been questioned to the meaning of that statement . id like to know what was actually meant or is it an inside joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Pav been questioned to the meaning of that statement . id like to know what was actually meant or is it an inside joke

I reckon it's a bit of the later. Clearly he was trying to get the guys up and relax them at the same time (talking about fun etc.) It clearly wasn't meant to be taken too seriously ... at first I was WTF (confused not embarrassed or annoyed) but now I love it.

Pav has proved himself an absolute cracker captain so far this season so frankly he can say whatever he wants pre-game. Heck, he can give us a rendition of "The Hills are Alive" from the Sound of Music for all I care, as long as it works. :D

Onya Pav :thumbsu:.

Mundy was on 6PR this morning and said it's to do with their core values.

At a guess, I'd say the 'Superman capes' was Pav's addition, the 'Wharfie Time' would probably tie into the team trademark. Rather than repeating all the values, you say the team motto/trademark and every knows wtf you're talking about and what's expected.

Yep, this was funny and gross. The amount the Fremantle Ports mooring gangs get paid compared to the minuscule amount of energy they expend throughout the day is pretty amazing. If you were to pair this with the incredibly low level of intelligence required to complement their role requirements and the sickening, incestuous, nepotistic nature of recruitment/promotion within it's ranks you'd honestly be dumbfounded enough to seriously consider backing Mr Sheen's bid to represent Earth as a member of the Galactic Senate. If Pav knew real modern Australian "wharfies", rather than the idea inspired by genuine turn of the century maritime cowboys, he would surely have re-phrased this. Yes, I am rather jealous.

Yep, this was funny and gross. The amount the Fremantle Ports mooring gangs get paid compared to the minuscule amount of energy they expend throughout the day is pretty amazing. If you were to pair this with the incredibly low level of intelligence required to complement their role requirements and the sickening, incestuous, nepotistic nature of recruitment/promotion within it's ranks you'd honestly be dumbfounded enough to seriously consider backing Mr Sheen's bid to represent Earth as a member of the Galactic Senate. If Pav knew real modern Australian "wharfies", rather than the idea inspired by genuine turn of the century maritime cowboys, he would surely have re-phrased this. Yes, I am rather jealous.
Interesting post.

How can no one realise he's saying "it's MORPHING time" a power rangers reference. As in, 'morph' into a power ranger. It was a young side at the time and I'm sure most of them knew what it meant. Facepalmed at everyone who thought it was wharfie time.

Meh.....I wouldn't get out of bed for the pocket change the they get paid.;)

murdochs uneducated potilcal grooming of the gullible public finally reaches bigfooty
take your political opinion and piss off to a news limited comment page
clown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back