Society/Culture Q&A 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Was boring. Tehan waffled on and on, would not answer the questions directly especially with the 100 million going to France for a memorial while our veterans here suffer and commit suicide.

Danni Anderson seemed to be a bit overawed especially with her first question she answered and Mark Leibler had some good points but being a corporate tax expert, it was understandable that he agreed with Tehan on many points.

Lisa Singh did ok, but could have performed better. I thought she allowed herself to be put back in her box. Hughesy was funny, without him the show would have been worse than what it was.

Prefer when Jones is the presenter.

Why do you say that? Is your new member any better?
I didn't change my electorate when I moved to Melbourne. Before the last election, I changed to Batman because it could've gone against Labor and wanted to save Feeney :$. It was also nice to feel as if my vote mattered, which it never did in Wannon.

Truth be told, I only dislike Tehan because I hate the Liberals in Warrnambool.

I didn't change my electorate when I moved to Melbourne. Before the last election, I changed to Batman because it could've gone against Labor and wanted to save Feeney :$. It was also nice to feel as if my vote mattered, which it never did in Wannon.

Truth be told, I only dislike Tehan because I hate the Liberals in Warrnambool.
Feeney, yuk!

Climate change on the agenda tonight from Melbourne

• Alan Finkel - Chief Scientist
  • Mark Butler - ALP
  • Josh Frydenberg - Lib
  • Rosemary Sinclair - Energy consumers
  • Amanda McKenzie - Climate Council

So much better with just serious parties (lib and lab) and experts

No media and No crackpot pollies

The good thing is this discussion and policy framework is happening in the centre an although the extremists on all sides will try to drown it out and discredit it. It will prevail and you never know the electorate might reward good non corrupt governance instead of treating it as a slanging match with sides to support

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why the Island was only settle on in 1830? Because it was most likely under water before that. Just like how Greenland had farmable land when the Vikings were around. This is just a piss-weak alarmist propaganda piece to push climate change as being manmade. The climate has always changed.

All these scientists surely must be wrong. We better check what the minnows on Q&A believe.

The heartland institute. The same mob who lobby against smoking bans, are against Gument intervention in healthcare, support fracking etc etc. . An organisation that is paid by the Carbon industries & other far right economic actors. They support anything that is antiworker & anti environment & pro established businesses. Those who only care about money. Not about people or place.
Good 'swamp' people. Slimy & self interested characters, like the Abbots & Abetzs of the world, only with much more money & no morals.

The heartland institute. The same mob who lobby against smoking bans, are against Gument intervention in healthcare, support fracking etc etc. . An organisation that is paid by the Carbon industries & other far right economic actors. They support anything that is antiworker & anti environment & pro established businesses. Those who only care about money. Not about people or place.
Good 'swamp' people. Slimy & self interested characters, like the Abbots & Abetzs of the world, only with much more money & no morals.
How many scientists signed this again? You must be anti science.

And you obviously dont understand.

I have science qualifications, but not on Climate. I dont sign up to things I dont understand. How many of those would?

Like Patrick Moore says "no one knows what will happen next with the climate."
Will it get warmer after 20 years of stable temps and a 25% increase in CO2 emissions? Will the temps remain stable? Will it get colder? The science isn't settled.

Like Patrick Moore says "no one knows what will happen next with the climate."
Will it get warmer after 20 years of stable temps and a 25% increase in CO2 emissions? Will the temps remain stable? Will it get colder? The science isn't settled.

Will the deniers be ready if it plays out?

Even a neutral report like finkel is too radical for the troglodytes on the right

Honestly with this and gonski 2 the govt could be electable again

Going to the right won't. Especially if the public see this was the model Turnbull wanted but was denied

Already they are making it about the ALP. Which of course it isnt

Wow a person has been coughing with their mouth uncovered for the last 30min. Every single time Bill is talking lol. Hasn't coughed once Tony or the audience members talk.

What's the bet it's a young lib plant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back