Society/Culture Q&A 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's more that the people still don't want to admit that the ALP's response to the GFC was a good one because that would undo the entire narrative of the Libs in opposition, with their debt, and deficit emergency.

The $900 cheques were to tax payers. Tax cuts by another name.

Yet people who spruik tax cuts all the time categorise the gfc policy as wasteful spending

Just watched Q&A, I had forgotten how much Rudd waffles (all about himself).
There was one tweet along the bottom that said something like: he manages to squeeze 500 words into a 1000.
Alan Jones was also on cheerleading for Abbott to make a comeback.
Funny show tonight, Laura Tingle was the only one that was succinct and made any sense.

I think it was more the point of giving Rudd some rope & wait for him to say something controversial. It is TV, it is about some level of entertainment.

People like Jones are a disgrace. As if he'd have any real interest in 'struggle street', unless some boys lived their.:(

12517.jpg

One of the best books I've ever read

I don't think I've heard of anyone releasing a multi-volume autobiography.

Even Steve Waugh squeezed his in one book.
Rudd and Waugh are quite similair, interesting insomuch of what they achieved in their careers, but utterly bland, and not very likeable people.

Yeah i watched last night.
Legit at the end i was like " Isn't there usually more questions ??? "

Well done Kev lol
Jones got a fair go too.
I love reading the twitter comments that scroll along the bottom of screen - laughed at Captain Mustard referring to what Jones was wearing.
Couldn't get the image out of my head after that.

I love reading the twitter comments that scroll along the bottom of screen - laughed at Captain Mustard referring to what Jones was wearing.
Couldn't get the image out of my head after that.
Think the right wing dingbat had a mental aberration when he actually gave the ABC some credit. Somehow think if it's referred to in the future he will dig-up some sort of plausible deniability.

It's interesting how right wing broadcasters like Jones and Hadley who prefer fiction and hearsay to facts and evidence garner such ratings in NSW. Yet when this claptrap was attempted in Victoria via the poison dwarf (Price) and some fellow right wing travellers the station bombed.

Perhaps it's just that we Victorians are more discerning. Intellectually superior even!:p

Whether one likes him or not, Ronny Ray Gun had a pretty interesting life before becoming POTUS.

But Rudd???

GMAFB!!!!
Rudd was a s**t awful PM mainly because he was addicted to saying *in "robust" every 10 seconds.
Slimey personality too.
He did however get some policy through unlike Abbott whose sole contribution was reinstating Knighthoods for a few weeks.
Turnbull is not much better with the "Redheaded Witch" streeting the lot of them, pushing through heaps of legislation despite the campaigner Abbott parroting three word slogans ad nauseum 24/7.
Hope he meets his god sooner rather than later the * wit.

Right, Swan had no ability because you say so, and yet, "Treasurer Wayne Swan has been awarded the prestigious finance minister of the year award for his handling of the Australian economy.

The award is judged by leading European banking and finance magazine Euromoney on advice from global bankers and investors.

Each year the award honours the finance minister, treasurer or central bank governor whose decisions "have directly benefited both the performance and perception of their country's economic and financial achievements".

Australia survived the global financial crisis without suffering the recession that crippled most Western economies and has registered strong growth during the latest downturn which has hit other countries hard.

Mr Swan oversaw the cash handouts in 2008 and the schools building program that were widely credited with quarantining Australia from the economic woes of the GFC.

The only other Australian treasurer to win the coveted award was Paul Keating in 1984 after a raft of economic reforms including deregulating banking and floating the dollar.

Mr Swan has presided over an economy which grew 1.2 per cent in the June quarter while most of the world's developed economies stalled, while unemployment at 5.3 per cent is roughly half that of the United States and Europe.

Australia also has a low level of debt and consumer confidence is also up - again, in contrast to that of other advanced economies.

Australia's economy has relied to a large degree on the health of China's manufacturing sector and the coal, gas and iron ore Australian companies provide to the Asian giant.

Mr Swan has had failures though. His mining tax proposal under the Rudd government was thwarted by an effective campaign by mining companies and was replaced by a far less lucrative minerals resource rent tax acceptable to the miners.

Mr Swan will be presented with the award in Washington next weekend."

Not perfect, but he certainly had ability despite your baseless claim to the contrary.
Didn't that cigar smoking idiot Joe Hockey win some award?
All expenses paid trip to American on the Aus public?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Milo on QA.

But then again the audience, Tony Jones and usual stack of leftist commentators/politicians up against Milo would be a little one-sided.

Not sure that they'd be able to handle it.

But then again the audience, Tony Jones and usual stack of leftist commentators/politicians up against Milo would be a little one-sided.

He doesn't argue in a genuine way. He's like Malcolm Roberts, but with longer words and he's smart enough to know a complete change of tact will hide his errors rather than constantly repeating "where's the empirical evidence?". But that still doesn't make him genuine interested in conversation.

I'm sure his entire diatribe will consist of;
Feminists are bad, Muslims are evil, I'm gay I can say what I want.

People who think this guy is an intellectual are sadly mistaken. He practically runs off a script and repeats the same garbage every interview

It wouldn't matter. Milo would tear them to shreds regardless. He is just a very savvy operator. The guy can debate. No doubt about it.

It wouldn't matter. Milo would tear them to shreds regardless. He is just a very savvy operator. The guy can debate. No doubt about it.
There's heaps of debate about it.

If he was a good arguer he wouldn't need to dox people, or get his minions to harrass someone. He'd just - y'know - win the debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back