QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Owens is a superb coach and a good person, much better than the bloke he replaced.

Unfortunately, despite steps in the right direction - there is plenty of ground to be made up in the underlying culture of that club. Have been a bunch of grubs for a long time and this (and other matters throughout an otherwise successful year) shows there is a long long way to go.

Former Lions player Ryan Harwood should be a handy inclusion to the Western Magpies midfield next season.

Troy Moncur has stepped down.

Barry Hall hasn't down his reputation any favours.

I'm sure an AFL Hall of Famer and AFL Premiership Captain lies awake at night upset because the rally drivers at PBC sledged him when he was a 40 year old making them sleep with the light on.

That video doing the rounds calling him some sort of thug is laughable, especially given the opposition! Barely touched the bloke. Umpire right there, not reported and the kid took a dive. No remonstration from PBC players because there was either nothing in it, or they were still a bit timid around the old fella.

Owens is a superb coach and a good person, much better than the bloke he replaced.

Unfortunately, despite steps in the right direction - there is plenty of ground to be made up in the underlying culture of that club. Have been a bunch of grubs for a long time and this (and other matters throughout an otherwise successful year) shows there is a long long way to go.
I think your wrong about the culture bud most other qafl clubs you speak to praise pbc or speak very highly of them and how they have gone about it over the last 5 years and that's a reason for their success. As for what happened with the burnouts it's not a good look but still doesn't tarnish pbc as a club and there culture. And as for you comment on the Barry hall situation I don't think the boys really care they had bigger fish to fry and out now celebrating a dominant premiership victory while hall commiserates and looks like a total dick.

I think your wrong about the culture bud most other qafl clubs you speak to praise pbc or speak very highly of them and how they have gone about it over the last 5 years and that's a reason for their success. As for what happened with the burnouts it's not a good look but still doesn't tarnish pbc as a club and there culture. And as for you comment on the Barry hall situation I don't think the boys really care they had bigger fish to fry and out now celebrating a dominant premiership victory while hall commiserates and looks like a total dick.

PBC also “look like dicks” after their antics with the pitch

I think this one incident has indeed tarnished the reputation, despite “how they’ve gone about it” over the past 5 years.

And as for you comment on the Barry hall situation I don't think the boys really care they had bigger fish to fry and out now celebrating a dominant premiership victory while hall commiserates and looks like a total dick.

this mentality is what is so amusing. the guy is 40 years old, he has achieved the ultimate in captaining an AFL Premiership at the highest level. These PBC cretins thinking they somehow have one over him and made him look like a dick is laughable. Next time he is at the Hall of Fame Dinner, I'm sure he will tell the blokes at his table his biggest regret was not winning a park footy flag with Labrador!

To him its a bit of kick and giggle against s**t footballers. How PBC players and their crowds have treated opposition players with AFL backgrounds in the last 5 years is a reflection of their club as a whole. Tall poppy syndrome at its worst.

PBC may have won a flag, and well done - but they went even lower in the respect levels in community footy - which is pretty hard from where they already were. Look at the Courier Mail footy journo's comments - he was scathing.

this mentality is what is so amusing. the guy is 40 years old, he has achieved the ultimate in captaining an AFL Premiership at the highest level. These PBC cretins thinking they somehow have one over him and made him look like a dick is laughable. Next time he is at the Hall of Fame Dinner, I'm sure he will tell the blokes at his table his biggest regret was not winning a park footy flag with Labrador!

To him its a bit of kick and giggle against s**t footballers. How PBC players and their crowds have treated opposition players with AFL backgrounds in the last 5 years is a reflection of their club as a whole. Tall poppy syndrome at its worst.

PBC may have won a flag, and well done - but they went even lower in the respect levels in community footy - which is pretty hard from where they already were. Look at the Courier Mail footy journo's comments - he was scathing.
And how would you know this your ranting on about absolute rubbish and who wants to read the courier mail and the stupid footy journos comments anyway probably just jealous a Brisbane team wasn't there again

Since it appears you know everything there is to know about football and the inside of each and every club could you elaborate on what you mean about afl players over the last 5 years?

You sound like a very bitter person

Palm Beach tried to buy a flag last year n choked so opened up the cheque book even more this year & won it mainly due to recruiting, not due to great coaching or developing with in.

But still credit for winning it cos spending lots still doesn't guarantee success when it counts.

All of these abusive verbal incidents are mainly coming from a minority of a clubs supporters ,,,, and fact in recent weeks is its coming from the reserve grade players and non playing mates, that gather in one particular area with eskys and grog . I have no problem with that and no problem with them supporting their club, hanging s**t on opposition players that make a mistake on the field, but it is totally out of order when they start yelling abusive comments on a opposition player about the colour of their skin, the spelling of their surname and how its pronouced or their body shape, hairdo etc etc... Now thats way over the top .!!!!
The incident by the Labrador group and Broadys Eddie Sansbury was so bad its not funny .. Credit to Labradors Mills and Young telling the idiots off.
The Palmy vs Broady qualifying final some 2 weeks before hand was a even worse scenario of abuse towards Broady players ... I was standing in the pocket area beachside of the ground when the game started... about 20 minutes into the 1st quarter all of a sudden there was apprx 35 Palmy reserve grade players and mates roll up with the eskys and begin supporting their club and hanging some s**t on Broady players that had just made a mistake on the field of play,,,, as I said ,, I have no problem with thatl
But when they start making personnel insults on specific players ,, thats not on !!!!
I was standing and talking to the great Roger Merret who himself was offended by this behavior..and even some Palmy supporters moved to the scoreboard side of the ground .!!!.
All I say is that clubs need to bring in a education process about ones behavior on game day ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Palm Beach tried to buy a flag last year n choked so opened up the cheque book even more this year & won it mainly due to recruiting, not due to great coaching or developing with in.

But still credit for winning it cos spending lots still doesn't guarantee success when it counts.

Ablett,
I hear what your saying ,, but I must say ,,, it was a great coaching performance by Owens and his team of coaches.

Defintely credit to Owens, his game plan and understanding of Labrador's weakness is what won them the flag.

Funny PBC's biggest problem is their reserves supporters! they are actually PBC blokes, part of the furniture. 3/4 of the senior side are mercenaries, so its no wonder their behaviour is a bit better!

All this chat has swamped the Harwood signing to the west magpies. The article says he knew the president but I'm still surprised he didn't end up at Redland or Aspley.

Great get, I'm sure it didn't come cheap

All this chat has swamped the Harwood signing to the west magpies. The article says he knew the president but I'm still surprised he didn't end up at Redland or Aspley.

Great get. Played some reasonable footy at afl level and a good age to be coming back to local footy. Should dominate.

The South Cairns Australian Football & Sporting Club Inc, seek the interest of a senior men's grade coach for the 2018 AFL Cairns football season.

The ideal candidate for this role will bring the following skill sets:

· Previous Senior coaching experience is essential.
· Have established networks and the ability to recruit players.
· Develop a game plan for the 2018 season to suit playing resources.
· A strong commitment to grow, develop, mentor and teach players of all abilities.
· An ability to mould the professionalism of the football department and support structure.
· A positive and welcoming attitude.
· Strong communication skills both on and off the field.
· The ability to embrace the clubs community values and expectations.
· The ability to engage with the club’s members, sponsors and the media.
· Have a positive attitude and good organisational skills.

Resume / expression of interest to be forwarded to scafsc@outlook.com by 30th October 2017.
President, Peter Kennedy 0413528791

If he's on big $, it won't be the Magpies footing the bill. They aren't exactly cashed up. Can't even keep grass on the field!

I see Sandgate have advertised for Senior assistant coaches so does that mean they’ve secured a Senior coach n if so who?

I hear Wilston Grange are having a crack at few Aspley players.

Bit of chat on the north coast is that both matt Payne and Ben warren could be heading to the premiers, Maroochydore. Reasonable pick ups....

Bit of chat on the north coast is that both matt Payne and Ben warren could be heading to the premiers, Maroochydore. Reasonable pick ups....

Maybe Maroochydore should move to the QAFL then... with those 2 added to a pretty decent team, throw in a couple of Aspley NEAFL aligned they would be pretty Competitive I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back